Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tutorial gameplay *NEW*

13»

Comments

• AzartenAzarten Member UncommonPosts: 33

This game is looking much better and more in line with Skyrim, but I must agree with others that the glowing effect around enemies is visually distracting.

It's good to see they are not following the tab target hotbar method and it will also be nice not to see a Christmas lights/New Years Eve fireworks/disco lights show each time I'm in combat.

Only the payment method will now kill my interest in ESO, if it's F2P then I wont be playing it.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Azaetos

Only the payment method will now kill my interest in ESO, if it's F2P then I wont be playing it.

You can bet your boots it won't be F2P on release.

• AzartenAzarten Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Azaetos

You can bet your boots it won't be F2P on release.

Depends on how confident they are of the product they have produced.  How many people around here would give away something they had worked on for 2-4 years for free that they knew would be popular, and then hope that individuals that use it will give them some money for it.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Finally an mmo that comes with something that resembles an old fashioned tutorial.

2 gripes so far, i hope that they allow people to choose from several ways to outline your target, or atleast allow people to town down the red radiance.

the other one goes a bit deeper, i am a bit sad to see that abillities come in a linear way, i would have prefered to see skills and abbilities activated by a combo of having the right skillevel(s) and performing the right action, (defeat a certain monster, finish a quest, visit an NPC, find a book)   So basically they could have added a skill that required 15 in destruction, 20 in sword and would allow you to shoot a flame from your sword burning foes around you... Requiring to have a sword equiped ... And could be learned by defeatin the witchmaster living in th lonely tower..

but this video has learned me that such a skill could be learned from simply aquiring a swordskill of 20, which is a pitty, putting abbilities out in the world could add so much more adventure and immersion to the game

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I think we should not forget that this is very early Beta. So it is hard to judge on what we see because this might get changed within the next Build or even has changed already as we discuss. Nothing in Stone, just something to orientate on.
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Finally an mmo that comes with something that resembles an old fashioned tutorial.

2 gripes so far, i hope that they allow people to choose from several ways to outline your target, or atleast allow people to town down the red radiance.

the other one goes a bit deeper, i am a bit sad to see that abillities come in a linear way, i would have prefered to see skills and abbilities activated by a combo of having the right skillevel(s) and performing the right action, (defeat a certain monster, finish a quest, visit an NPC, find a book)   So basically they could have added a skill that required 15 in destruction, 20 in sword and would allow you to shoot a flame from your sword burning foes around you... Requiring to have a sword equiped ... And could be learned by defeatin the witchmaster living in th lonely tower..

but this video has learned me that such a skill could be learned from simply aquiring a swordskill of 20, which is a pitty, putting abbilities out in the world could add so much more adventure and immersion to the game

Have you not seen any of the 20 Paul Sage interviews over the past 2 weeks? Fairly sure he regurigated that there are over 200 skills in the game and some that you obtain in unique ways -- Aka not traditionally. AKA probably hidden quest lines and world spots/etc/

• AliGeniusAliGenius Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Game looks good, but animation really is it's weakest link. Hire some better talent or focus them to pull midnight shifts;) to give each attack four animation loops so it doesn't feel like General Washington chopping wood over n over again.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

The Good:

Movements have some 'heft' to them

Camera is fine

Lighting is fine

Fluidity of animations looks better than the fly-through videos

The Bad:

Outline glow - if they want to keep this they need to use GW2 levels of radiance and colouring  - they got that right eventually

Repetition of movement - it needs mixing up a little more

Combat impact target reaction & sounds - these need to be significantly improved

As for the UI - it looks like something from the 1990's so is clearly a placeholder, I am not the slightes bit worried about that. I do like its low impact presence though. Personally, my only gripe is the 'shrink to the middle' graphic on the three bars - I prefer the to drop to the bottom or to the left.

Overall, not bad, and as has been said - with the time to polish and improve where indicated.