Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BEta 3 levels?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

what level did you get to in beta3?

And how did the game evolve after level 15?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91

played a control wizard up to lvl 20. 

i can't really say much though except for more skills at my disposal (eg. the second daily skill is activated and additional encounter skills. ) 

ive enjoyed it nonetheless

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Got my GWF (Great Weapon Fighter) to 26 but like the previous 2 BWE's I limited my time to the first 3-4 zones that way the gameplay at endgame will be fresh.  I did get all 5 classes to at least 20 and I enjoyed all of them so much that my choice of main is still in doubt currently its between GWF, Rogue or Cleric.  Might just roll a dice to choose my main.  image

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

I continued playing the Devoted Cleric I left at 25 the previous Beta Weekend, got to 39. 

The evolution is in that areas become open questing areas rather than just dungeon hubs. Monsters and events happen all around in a free-for-all setting. The difficulty increases significantly, and you can very easily die if you pull 3 or 4 mobs at once. Even one single "champion" monster can kill you if you don't play it clever.

That said, I spent most of the weekend playing player made dungeons. There were a couple of shallow ones but the greater part of them were very fun, with a lot of care put into them (some even used DM text, lots of lore bits to read, side stories, side objectives etc). It was worth it.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• TolanaTolana Member UncommonPosts: 22

I only got to lvl 11 - my internet went down at 1pm on Saturday afternoon and full service was only restored early on Monday morning. I thus practically missed the entire Beta3 weekend :(  What rotten luck!

Really enjoyed the game and had fun while I was playing though :)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

what level did you get to in beta3?

And how did the game evolve after level 15?

Got a control Wizard to 30. Game really starts to open up after 16, and you really begin to feel the customization unfold after lvl ~20 or so. Before 20, most skills just seem blatantly better than others (at least for the CW and GWF that I tried), but after 20, as you get closer to your paragon options, it gets much harder to choose which way you want to go.

For example, on control wizard I could either go with mostly cold spells (lots of AoE and CC, lower damage), or arcane (limited AoE, good CC, high damage). I ended up with a mix of the two, but as the feats began pushing me more and more in different directions the choice got harder and harder.

I also found myself going back and forth a lot, revisiting some storylines, while discovering new ones. Tbh, the game reminded me of dragon age in a lot of ways.