Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tutorial gameplay *NEW*

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by deakon
    Originally posted by azzamasin

I am not a fan of the UI, it looks boring and bland.  I do like how the camera rotates to your character though and shows yo uthe front of your cahracter instead of openeing up another window with a paper doll.  Hopefully the rest of the UI gets soem more pizzaz and color, black and white and very small makes it not intuitive at all.

As for the rest, I really really really dislike the over the shoulder view, that is fine for out of combat but I want to be able to scroll out far enough to where the reticule is over the head which is exactly how Skyrim does it.

Have you seen the other (shorter) vids because thats exactly how it works when you zoom right out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRgDuHB3xDI

Man, that looks really good too.

I want to see some first person perspective before I get really excited though.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Anthur
    Looks pretty standard.

I agree.  Luckily there's plenty of time before release.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by coretex666

It looks amazing.

Something themepark fans can look forward to I believe.

"Waiting for: Archeage"

Just had to.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Why did you deleted the video?

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Varthander
    Why did you deleted the video?

He didn't, Zenimax did.

There's another link to it in this thread.

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    I actually don't mind the ui. It's minimalistic, as a ui should be.

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Great video =-) Nice short and shows a lot of the basics. Not anything new we dont know from reading about the game but nice to see it in game form. Why they keep taking down videos that clearly show how well things are looking blows my mind. More pls!!!
  • aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94
    It looks great, man.
  • SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    Originally posted by walltar
    http://vk.com/video35646085_164690529 ... it is still here. I dont know why they keep taking them down. I must say i quite like it. If they work on animations and that target glow it coulb be great game.

By the way I quoted the mirror to those that missed the original link.  Turn up the quality

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Fairplay, That looks amazing. Can't wait.
  • JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

TESO is oen of the few hopes this go around, im going with FAILURE, why becuase post wow i have seen maybe 1 ok mmorpg.

Sry for the negitivity. lets just be honest. Voice acting in , raiding out... how many active skills .. i don't care if its action  based u can have 400 skills with action based... pff

At least that have some good system concepts, ill try it .

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I love the UI because theres nothing on the screen other than the reticle, map, small hotbar unlike most mmos where theres crap everywhere on the screen which is a huge turn off in games.
  • SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    Originally posted by Jetrpg

Sry for the negitivity. lets just be honest. Voice acting in , raiding out... how many active skills .. i don't care if its action  based u can have 400 skills with action based... pff

At least that have some good system concepts, ill try it .

It is better to be negative really instead of hyping yourself up.  The two biggest hyped MMOs recently were utter disappointments (SWTOR and GW2), it is hard not to get exicted over ESO and Wildstar, but I am going to stay cautious.

• ElectricWizardElectricWizard Member Posts: 47

Looking good. animations are definitely more fluid.

But please tell me you can turn OFF that fuckin red glow on the enemies...

• JebbJebb Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by ElectricWizard

Here's hoping. If it's anything like GW2 was we'll be able to successfully nag the devs into submission on that one.

"Jesus promised to rid the world of all wicked people. Odin promised to rid the world of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants."

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by DMKano
    It looks good but the combat feels very floaty, like air dancing I hope they can make it feel like you are actually hitting something solid.

so you played it then?

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Models, Animations, and Graphics look great.

UI, Glowing targets, and Combat sounds need a lot of work still.

And i also agree that the combat needs the illusion of a harder hitting "thud".

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Jebb
    Originally posted by ElectricWizard

Here's hoping. If it's anything like GW2 was we'll be able to successfully nag the devs into submission on that one.

I remember when GW2 had that too.  The glow was way too bright and annoying.  Hopefully they turn it down or give us an option to take it off.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Liked the video. Combat looking pretty impressive so far. Looks like how an Elder Scrolls game should. Don't like the glowy outlines on mobs either. Hopefully that's not planned for release. 

Several people keep mentioning "floaty" feeling. Can anyone elaborate on wtf that means?

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

What happened? I clicked the link, and you tube tells me video is gone....you tease

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Blasphim

What happened? I clicked the link, and you tube tells me video is gone....you tease

http://vk.com/video35646085_164690529

try that one

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    I'd hardly call it amazing, but it does look promising.  Seems more like elder scrolls than typical mmo, which is obviously good.  Still in 'wait and see' mode on this one.
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Has potential, but if they don't nail the freedom that has defined ESO it will not amount to much. And the damn outline glow better be some option...
  • superpatasuperpata Member UncommonPosts: 190

So far I like what I have seen, will judge the game once I am able to test it mysekf though.

Oh and another one that wishes the outlines removed or an option to remove it:)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Thanks for the video. I agree with some of the others, I'm optimistic :-). The art style/graphics are exactly what I like as oppossed to Wild Star looking games. I think I'm just too old now for games that are too cartoony. I HATE the red outlines of who you are targeting, so hopefully with beta feedback they will get rid of that. :-)

There Is Always Hope!