Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DUST 514: Uprising Content Arriving May 6th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CCP Games has announced that the DUST 514 open beta will be updated with a significant patch on May 6th. Called 'Uprising', the patch will feature new content, enhanced graphics, planetary conquest and much more.

• Planetary Conquest: Take over the galaxy one world at a time!  Player corporations can own and manage planetary districts in the EVE Online universe. Every battle matters and the fates of hundreds of thousands of gamers and the wealth of their massive corporations are constantly at stake.

• Graphic enhancement: The overall visual experience of DUST 514 is improved and enhanced by an optimized graphics engine. The maps and environments of DUST 514 are sharper, faster, and better than ever.

• Accessibility: The improved user experience is cleaner and easier, getting players into the action quickly.

• New content:  Uprising extends the DUST 514 gameplay experience with new battlegrounds and gameplay modes and expands your arsenal with brand new weapons, gear, and equipment for every situation.

Find out more about DUST 514.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Man today has been nothing but awesomeness. More good news cant wait for this either.
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    It does look bad right now on ps3, hope this patch makes a significant change.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I'd pay $20 for a PC version
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    This game needs to be on PC I really don't like it on the PS3.
  • SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Talonsin

this

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by SidQFT

this

20$?!

REPORT HIM FOR NOT PAYING ENOUGH.

i'd pay 40 or more for a one timer without subs.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Is it really that bad on PS3? How is the control scheme?
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Originally posted by Aeolron
    Is it really that bad on PS3? How is the control scheme?

Nope, Its Good. it's just the disgruntled people that want it on pc.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

It's perfectly fine on the PS3. Simply connect your USB-keyboard and mouse and have fun. The graphics aren't that bad either.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i'd pay more for a third person perspective

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    mouse + keyboard work just fine. Graphics are okish, balancing and matchmaking arent ok at all:) But this will change I hope.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Uprising...

The patch that DUST really need is called the DUST 514: PC patch. That one will bring the player population right up.

• ConsequenceConsequence Member UncommonPosts: 358
    I hate that this is even listed on this site. Get it on the pc then come  talk to us....
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    >:[ things i hate because i can not have pizza, supermodels, dust514, and lastly world peace + 1 billion$$$

• MystaisMystais Member Posts: 72
    I'd like it on the PC too but considering how competitive the game is,  you know there would be aimbots, speedhacks, wallhacks, etc by day 2. 

Tabletop RPG gaming since Chainmail and D&D was a blue book with some cheap plastic dice and a crayon. MMORPGing since MOOS/MUDS, when forums were just bulletin boards and players actually roleplayed their characters.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    I wouldn't want Dust on the PC if it came in its current state.
  • xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by Mystais
    I'd like it on the PC too but considering how competitive the game is,  you know there would be aimbots, speedhacks, wallhacks, etc by day 2. 

not only that:

1. porting it to PC would kill the main aspect of the game, which is a cross platform interaction, they didnt take all the time to create a link between the consoles and the EVE single shard, just so people could play from their computers...

2. i dont think CCP would keep it F2P in the PC, in order to keep the same quality they would have to make it a sub based game, maybe with a PLEX system or something akin to that. but still, people would complain that the game was free in the console and now they have to pay, so there would be a diminishing of players.

3. CCP already state that its a PS3 exclusive, so there wont be a PC version, i deal with it, you should deal with it, there are plenty of FPS MMOs for PC, like Planetside 2(althought i dont like it, too much colors) 
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

It's not on the PC.  The same dozen guys crapping up every and any Dust thread with the same petulant whines about it not being on the PC is getting really old.

God, just get over it will you?

If you actually want to play it that bad, buy a cheap 2nd hand PS3 off ebay or something and download it; that's the deal. If you don't want to play it, then stop whining about which platform it's on. What does it matter if it's not on the PC if you don't like the look of it anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I'm waiting for PvE vs drones - I would prefer slightly more laid-back combat when I come home from work in the evening.

PvP can get very intense in this game.