Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

That was awful, I tried but couldn't take it anymore

1235»

Comments

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal
    Originally posted by Mardukk

I thought the game was ok for what it is.  People should not go into it thinking this is the next AAA MMO with lots of depth and a virtual world feel.  This is linear, freedom limited and ok for some cheap fun.  Seeing Cryptic as the developer should clue people into what type of MMO they are getting.

I think the graphics were passable but I'm suprised some on here think they are top notch...they aren't even close.

The combat is nice although not up to par with Dragon Nest/Vindictus.  

I'm suprised I liked it at all considering most linear questing games last me about 2 hours max.  I haven't tried the foundry and I'm basing most of my hopes on that.  

LOL, another post saying a games graphics are bad, you do realize its an MMo right?? Everything is low poly for a reason, if you want High poly stick to God of war, Skyrim....

I can already see people with Elder scrolls online expecting those graphics, if they did that, none of you would be able to play that with those weak computers, Age of conan tried that and people complained and the game did poorly, understand how MMo's are made before making statements like the graphics aren't good...... Funny stuff about graphics today with people, to funny, I laugh at this every time I SEE it on this forum about a game graphics..

Have you SEEN games like GW2 and Tera?  They are downright breathtaking.  And they're not even super system intensive.  I'm a huge Skyrim fan and I honestly think GW2 looks so much better.  While there's certainly more room for greater graphical quality in single player games, there's nothing that holds MMOs back from also being downright gorgeous.  

If I were to make an analogy, I'd say Neverwinter's graphics are to 2013 as LotRO's graphics were to 2006.  

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Guild Wars 2 is not F2P, and Tera was pay to play until recently.

Same goes for the quality of DDO, LOTRO and DC Universe Online. They are high quality games because they did not start out as F2P.

Now we have AAA developers making F2P games so the quality will change up.

Again, i was pretty impressed by Neverwinters graphics. 

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by Homitu
    Have you SEEN games like GW2 and Tera?  They are downright breathtaking.  And they're not even super system intensive.  I'm a huge Skyrim fan and I honestly think GW2 looks so much better.  While there's certainly more room for greater graphical quality in single player games, there's nothing that holds MMOs back from also being downright gorgeous.  

If I were to make an analogy, I'd say Neverwinter's graphics are to 2013 as LotRO's graphics were to 2006.  

GW2 is awesome looking, however I wouldn't say it is easy on the system, in fact I'd say the opposite. It's a hog.

Skyrim is to. And isn't a system hog at all.

NWO isn't competing at the top here.

• nightfallrobnightfallrob Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by monstermmo

Guild Wars 2 is not F2P, and Tera was pay to play until recently.

Same goes for the quality of DDO, LOTRO and DC Universe Online. They are high quality games because they did not start out as F2P.

Now we have AAA developers making F2P games so the quality will change up.

Again, i was pretty impressed by Neverwinters graphics. 

Seems like there's two different standards:

People who play F2P routinely, and don't expect much in terms of graphics and people who normally don't play F2P routinely and want much more.

I'm in the second camp, and Neverwinter looked like pure crap to me. The graphics were so bad that they almost eliminated any chance of me getting immersed in the game. The miserable story line did the rest. I don't need perfection, but if it looks that bad or worse or I usually won't play it. 

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

A agree with the OP that nothing drew me in.  I've played numberous betas and many really drew me in like Rift and GW2.  However, Neverwitner I had the opposite feeling.  Everything was just "meh" and actually made me long more for DDO.  Don't know if this game will last even as a distraction. 

I feel that they terribely missed the mark on the D&D feel, everything feels so hallow with lack of skills, no feats, powers resemble more of a WoW ability than a 4e ability, closed in corridor world feel, total abandonment of character builds, and many other things.  Prolly be a good hack n slash dungeon crawl but htats about it. 

I used to be ultra hyped for Neverwinter, but now I just have a very low contemptment for it.  Drastically dissapointed, the game should have been so much more.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by versulas

LOL, another post saying a games graphics are bad, you do realize its an MMo right?? Everything is low poly for a reason, if you want High poly stick to God of war, Skyrim....

I can already see people with Elder scrolls online expecting those graphics, if they did that, none of you would be able to play that with those weak computers, Age of conan tried that and people complained and the game did poorly, understand how MMo's are made before making statements like the graphics aren't good...... Funny stuff about graphics today with people, to funny, I laugh at this every time I SEE it on this forum about a game graphics..

Yeah... I gotta chime in as well and just ask what games have you been playing lately that you could possibly consider the graphics in NWO as being "good" in a modern sense? Maxed out 200%, etc. looks like something from the 2004-06 era. It was definitely playable and they didn't do a bad job working with what they had, but the overall feel of the game was lackluster to say the least. 

I think you summed up my thoughts pretty well..except I wouldn't have included 2005 or 2006 lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by versulas

Yeah... I gotta chime in as well and just ask what games have you been playing lately that you could possibly consider the graphics in NWO as being "good" in a modern sense? Maxed out 200%, etc. looks like something from the 2004-06 era. It was definitely playable and they didn't do a bad job working with what they had, but the overall feel of the game was lackluster to say the least. 

I think you summed up my thoughts pretty well..except I wouldn't have included 2005 or 2006 lol.

The game is free. You get what you pay for.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

The game is free. You get what you pay for.

I know we use that and we want to set the bar lower. But we are giving the devs excuses. To them they beleive they make more money this way vs pay upfront/sub, otherwise they would do that. So it's not about, we do it on the cheap because it's free. Tell it's free to the Founder's.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Homitu

Of all those games listed how many let you create your own maps, quests, campaigns?  

That's what I thought.

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

Graphics and game flow are pretty poor and low-rent.  The graphics are subpar and similar to games produced by Aeria -- low detail masked by blur/bloom and fake anti-aliasing.  Like others said, you get what you pay for; any game that is released ftp is gonna be junk.

The wait continues...