Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First wave of beta invites went out. Anyone here get in?!

hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

Just saw their twitter, 17 mins ago they sent a tweet out saying the first invitations went out

Comments

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I assume there is an NDA, I'll be more interested when people are free to discuss the game.
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by expresso
    I assume there is an NDA, I'll be more interested when people are free to discuss the game.

There is nothing that can stop people from talking about the game on facebook or twitter. I've never heard of a beta unless it was in friends and family that you can't be discussing it. Every closed beta I
    've been apart of you're free to discuss the game -- and in some cases even allowed to live stream it. People livestreamed Diablo 3 closed beta for months. However, who knows if they want people to stream closed beta of ESO.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Originally posted by hMJem

Originally posted by expresso I assume there is an NDA, I'll be more interested when people are free to discuss the game.
    There is nothing that can stop people from talking about the game on facebook or twitter. I've never heard of a beta unless it was in friends and family that you can't be discussing it. Every closed beta I 've been apart of you're free to discuss the game -- and in some cases even allowed to live stream it. People livestreamed Diablo 3 closed beta for months. However, who knows if they want people to stream closed beta of ESO.

Nah most closed beta's are under nda and you aren't allowed to talk about them, its when they open it up (or just drop the nda) that people will talk about them freely.

As soon as you sign up for the beta you are agreeing to the NDA and it is legally binding

• JebbJebb Member Posts: 19

There is nothing that can stop people from talking about the game on facebook or twitter. I've never heard of a beta unless it was in friends and family that you can't be discussing it. Every closed beta I
    've been apart of you're free to discuss the game -- and in some cases even allowed to live stream it. People livestreamed Diablo 3 closed beta for months. However, who knows if they want people to stream closed beta of ESO.

Believe me, if they catch you talking about it here and they can trace who you are, you'll be promptly removed from the beta and not given another place in future testing.

"Jesus promised to rid the world of all wicked people. Odin promised to rid the world of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants."

Originally posted by deakon

Originally posted by expresso I assume there is an NDA, I'll be more interested when people are free to discuss the game.
    There is nothing that can stop people from talking about the game on facebook or twitter. I've never heard of a beta unless it was in friends and family that you can't be discussing it. Every closed beta I 've been apart of you're free to discuss the game -- and in some cases even allowed to live stream it. People livestreamed Diablo 3 closed beta for months. However, who knows if they want people to stream closed beta of ESO.

Nah most closed beta's are under nda and you aren't allowed to talk about them, its when they open it up (or just drop the nda) that people will talk about them freely.

As soon as you sign up for the beta you are agreeing to the NDA and it is legally binding

Weird then, I've been apart of many closed betas towards the start and that was never the case. Mind listing games as example? Because Diablo 3 sure as hell didnt do that, people streamed closed beta forever lol

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Welcome to the exciting world of closed betas, you must be new.

Very often there will be waves of invites sent to random people for a closed beta that includes an NDA.  Hell, even Darkfall Unholy Wars has an NDA and that is basically a do-over/expansion for a game they released before. 

DUST 514 and The Secret World also had NDA closed betas.

it's very common.

Oh look, even the beta sign up page for ESO links to an NDA http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/legal/nda

So, yeah.  It's very common even if you tick checkboxes without reading what you are agreeing to.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Just checked - I ain't get nothin'.  *grumble grumble*

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Just checked - I ain't get nothin'.  *grumble grumble*

Same here.  While it'd be nice to have gotten in, I at least now can spend more time playing the three games I just purchased in the meantime.  Hopefully when those games run their course I'll have an invite ready for me :P

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by deakon   Originally posted by hMJem Originally posted by expresso I assume there is an NDA, I'll be more interested when people are free to discuss the game.
        Nah most closed beta's are under nda and you aren't allowed to talk about them, its when they open it up (or just drop the nda) that people will talk about them freely.   As soon as you sign up for the beta you are agreeing to the NDA and it is legally binding
    Weird then, I've been apart of many closed betas towards the start and that was never the case. Mind listing games as example? Because Diablo 3 sure as hell didnt do that, people streamed closed beta forever lol

Blizzard games are an exception, They usually dont require an nda.

Games that come to mind that do/did require an nda are.

The Secret World
    Rift
    Swtor
    GW2
    PS2
    Tera
    Repop
    FireFall
    Defiance

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Only had a GW2 update in mail...must of not filled out the Why should you join beta? box well enough haha. If someone actually reads through all of those, that is probably the determining factor for this early of a wave.
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    Only had a GW2 update in mail...must of not filled out the Why should you join beta? box well enough haha. If someone actually reads through all of those, that is probably the determining factor for this early of a wave.

No way, it will be sifted through by some simple algorithm for buzzwords and such.

"Jesus promised to rid the world of all wicked people. Odin promised to rid the world of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants."

Hmm, okay I guess I'll believe you guys! Think there is a chance the only invites they sent out were media invites? I thought about checking that box off because I figured it'd give you a better shot of getting in, but decided not to.

I guess maybe I was just in the part of closed beta where everyone was allowed to stream and talk about it.

Don't be too disappointed though, the beta invites you get arent lifetime beta invites, it's only for that weekend. So it'd be like Mila Kunis staying over for a weekend and never coming back potentially.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Nah, nothing.

Hmm, okay I guess I'll believe you guys! Think there is a chance the only invites they sent out were media invites? I thought about checking that box off because I figured it'd give you a better shot of getting in, but decided not to.

I guess maybe I was just in the part of closed beta where everyone was allowed to stream and talk about it.

Don't be too disappointed though, the beta invites you get arent lifetime beta invites, it's only for that weekend. So it'd be like Mila Kunis staying over for a weekend and never coming back potentially.

But eventually you'll be able to purchase and play ESO as much as you like. A better comparison would surely have been to Mila Kunis staying over the weekend, agreeing to marry you, then disappearing abroad for a few months before returning for the wedding (only for you then to become disappointed in the relationship as it gradually falls apart unable to stand the test of time). Too cynical?

Originally posted by Jebb

But eventually you'll be able to purchase and play ESO as much as you like. A better comparison would surely have been to Mila Kunis staying over the weekend, agreeing to marry you, then disappearing abroad for a few months before returning for the wedding (only for you then to become disappointed in the relationship as it gradually falls apart unable to stand the test of time). Too cynical?

A marriage without wanting kids is like an MMO without raiding.

Just kidding, of course, but I am just 23 and single so I can poke fun.

I guess that is a good comparison too

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by deakon

SWTOR, WoW expantions, GW2, TSW, AoC, WAR, LOTRO etc etc etc

Like I say most of them, tes does seem to be different tho as most let you at least say "ive been excepted into the beta" nothing more, teso doesnt even allow that

From their NDA

Confidential Information includes, but is not limited to, all information relating to the Beta Trial, Your selection as a Beta Trial participant

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    More like seeing the beautiful pictures she sent you, so you send her money to come visit. Turns out, she's 50, overweight, and has 15 cats.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

No way, it will be sifted through by some simple algorithm for buzzwords and such.

Heh, probably right, just wonder what they're looking for. I go with register asap and you'll most likely get in based on early registration date. Then I write a few sentences on how I'd like to test the game to help with bugs etc. offer helpful feedback on systems in play, and contribute to the game's success instead of just playing said game for early access/fun.

Originally posted by olepi
    More like seeing the beautiful pictures she sent you, so you send her money to come visit. Turns out, she's 50, overweight, and has 15 cats.

She'd still sound like Meg Griffin though, so it's not a complete loss. Oh, wait...

Heh, probably right, just wonder what they're looking for. I go with register asap and you'll most likely get in based on early registration date. Then I write a few sentences on how I'd like to test the game to help with bugs etc. offer helpful feedback on systems in play, and contribute to the game's success instead of just playing said game for early access/fun.

I think that beyond ticking the vast majority of the boxes and mentioning some of the desired terminology in the open fields you might as well be just waiting for your numbers to come up at the lottery. Of course, hardware plays into it too, but I suspect at this point in time they'll be looking to gather information more about gameplay and such, optimisation comes later, so I can't imagine them letting anyone in running on a steam-powered machine just yet.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i dont remember what email i used.... crap.

Originally posted by rojo6934
    i dont remember what email i used.... crap.

You shouldnt need more than 3 emails max.. Just check all your emails?

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

If i say 'yes' am i breaking the NDA? ;)

What  if hypotheticaly speaking i say 'yes i am in'.

*runs around living room screaming*

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

This discussion has been closed.