Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Online 2: Game Delayed from Original 'Early 2013' Release

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

SEGA has confirmed that Phantasy Star Online 2 will be delayed for unknown reasons. Originally scheduled to be released in 'early 2013', it appears the game will minimally slip to Q2 2013.

"Originally slated for an early 2013 launch, Sega can officially confirm that PS02 has been delayed," a Sega spokesperson told Polygon. "We don't have any specifics but will update everyone as soon as there are more details to share."

Read more at Polygon.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Take as long as you need Sega.  I got Guild Wars 2, TERA, and Neverwinter (when it releases) to hold my interest in the meantime.

Although, maybe it would be easier and go faster if you hired the people who worked on the fan-made translation patches...

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Well at least they have communicated with us finally after months of nothing. I hope my lovelly laptop that I bought for it doesn't get too old by the time it comes out. Well at least I have the SWTOR expansion to play until then.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Laptop? Thought this was planned for psvita.

• KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 118
    there are two versions one for the PC which released first then the vita version which just got released in japan. 
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Oh is it Q2 instead of Q1? I would of never guessed seeing how YOU MISSED QUARTER ONE ALREADY

/facepalm

Oh well, just hope its not delayed for eternity, specially since Sega seems to give foreigner's a rather uneasy glare for trying to play a game they are slacking heavily on releasing globally.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Its a fun game
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by adam_nox

Laptop? Thought this was planned for psvita.

Well I did consider the Vita version but it was released without the power to plug into a TV , also the lack of keyboard didn't impress me , neither did the lack of console version. So I bought a laptop , did start the japanese one but couldn't face it after 3 weeks ( language barrier ) and decided to wait for the PC western version.

To the poster above it is still Q1 ATM.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by DeathWolf2u

I'm still downloading the Japanese client can't wait to try this out. Also have the English translated patches which will convert the text to English. If you want to try this out if you can't wait like me here are the links that will help you.

1. Game Client & Instructions, (follow the instructions trust me) - http://kotaku.com/5928484/cant-wait-for-phantasy-star-online-2-heres-how-to-play-the-japanese-version

2. Patches, 2 of them - http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206

Note: The hardest part is the registration where you have to put the security letters in for verification. It is difficult and can try your patience but hang in there if I can do it anyone can.

Also the game client is 7.9 gb and even with a real fast connection it's going to take most of the day just to download it.

There's an IP block on the Japanese servers, and has been for some time.

What???? Oh hell noooooo, I've been downloading this client all day.

Thanks for the info though I appreciate it. Looks like I will stop the download, bummer now I'm depressed was so looking forward to this game.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by DeathWolf2u

What???? Oh hell noooooo, I've been downloading this client all day.

Thanks for the info though I appreciate it. Looks like I will stop the download, bummer now I'm depressed was so looking forward to this game.

there's no IP ban... i can confirm this...

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

I hope you're right I started my download again based off no IP ban that you stated, WOOHOO!
  • mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Unless they just recently removed it, I'm certain that at least at one time they had implimented and IP ban. But there's only one way to find out for yourself DeathWolf2u, and that's to download it and try. Best of luck to you mate, hope you get in! It really is a great game!
  • DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

Already played through this game multiple times using the English patch on the JP client because Sega has no idea wtf they're doing and taking forever to release this game for no reason.

Their loss when they finally release it here and nobody plays it.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842
    If there is an IP ban, there are ways around it. I will not post them here, but Google is your friend.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by mattic65

Actually... its not really an Ip ban. They made it harder to register an account. You can still play it, I did play it a month or so ago, though its a pain having to reapply the english patch so often (I'm lazy). I might go play it some though. You can play just... don't go doing anything stupid if you do play that draws attention to you in a negative way and you are fine.

If you can make an account, you will have no problem actually playing the game. 

Update: Finished downloading the client and installed it. Now I'm still patching the game. IP ban or not there is a work around if there is and I found it. I am determined at this point to play this game.

I remember playing the first 'Phantasy Star' game on the Sega Master system such a long time ago. Then I played all the other ones on the Sega Genesis when they released, one of my favorite game series.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

This makes me sadface, I been waiting for pso2, since all the mmorpgs that have come out the last few years have all been boring as shit biliant wow clones, I was intersted in wildstar till I watched some videos, and it turns out to just be yet another boring wow clone. When will mmorpg devs learn? Pso2 has been a mmo I been waiting for after playing the japanese version, its the only mmo in recent years that is not just a lame wowclone like everything else.

I wonder what the problem is though, I mean its not like pso2 has a large amount of text to translate in it. Maybe a technical problem?

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Originally posted by mattic65

Actually... its not really an Ip ban. They made it harder to register an account. You can still play it, I did play it a month or so ago, though its a pain having to reapply the english patch so often (I'm lazy). I might go play it some though. You can play just... don't go doing anything stupid if you do play that draws attention to you in a negative way and you are fine.

If you can make an account, you will have no problem actually playing the game. 

I don't know why they would block english speakers from their servers, from sites I have gone too, alot of the english speakers actually buy stuff in the cash shop supporting the game. There are alot of gamers out there that can read japanese fine, and its not like you need extensive knowledge for pso2. Especally with the eng patch. I stopped playing pso2 a while ago though once the English version was released. I just hope the hackers don't destroy the game like they did with PS Universe. Was 2 major hacks, first time, they broke into peoples rooms that are passworded and stole from their shops, 2nd time same thing happened, Game lost about 70% of its population after the first hacking, then the 2nd pretty much killed it. Sega;'s handling of the situation was not the best, but it was the asshole hacker that caused the situation initially. Because of this is probally why japanese companies don't like to license their mmo's to the US Etc, due to hackers killing the game. I mean there is a monster hunter mmorpg alot of people want a english version of, but capcom can't be bothered because they know it'll probally be hacked to hell and back and end up dying just like pso and psu did.

X360 PSU version did very well because there was little to no hacking being done. I personally don't mind if people hack and cheat personally, just don't do destructive things like steal other players stuff out of their locked rooms, because that just ends up killing the game.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• gramudogramudo Member Posts: 10
    every time i try to make it i get error 25 the input method is not correct....someone make me an account lol

Update:

1. Game installed and patched successfully

2. Backed up the Win32 folder before applying the English translation patches

3. Get the intro to the game but after it finishes screen stays black and never proceeds

4. Copied the backup Win32 file back. It's 10.6 gb

5. Restarted game same thing, cannot play this game

I should of least been able to get to the sign-in screen but no go. Game is unplayable maybe a new patch was released, not sure but doesn't work nonetheless.

• yangst3ryangst3r Member Posts: 1
    well its working for me as of today july the 20th, just letting ya know that.