Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healing ?

Ronald88Ronald88 Member UncommonPosts: 56

I normaly play a healer role in mine games and im asking myself if there will be a need for healers in this game.

I read that there will be no raids, and i saw the video from Pax on the ESO Facebook site, where the guy that  played the game sayed that the health regeneration is verry quick during combat. I think he sayed that it is 20 % per tick.

What do you think ?

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    i read somewhere that there would be no player targeted healing, which would ruin most of the healing role for me. tough i havent seen any confitmation of that yet

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98

In one of the intervews, a Dev said during their in-house testing, someone experimented with an all-heal build (no non-heal skills equipped), and he said it was feasible as long as the player was protected.  So straight healing builds will be viable (unlike GW2 where they were nerfed to prevent straight healers).

The question is then what is the opitimal party composition?  Will it be a trinity setup (tank, heals, dps), or will more hybrid builds be the best in the meta?  

It could be you could play a straight healer in average content, but not in the hardest dungeons.  Or maybe straight healer will be the best all around.  We just don't know yet.

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Alle healing in the game will be aoe or cone based.
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    I've always felt that a melee fighter specializing in heals/buffs ruled the world in Elder Scrolls' games.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    i read somewhere that there would be no player targeted healing, which would ruin most of the healing role for me. tough i havent seen any confitmation of that yet

yeah i read the same. They also said that most healings will be both cone (like healing sprays in skyrim) and ground aoe heals. I dont play healer roles in mmos because i dont like when im a healer and i cant be a dps within that class (TERA im looking at you). So i personally like this concept in TESO. I only like to be a healing class when i do solo gameplay, like a tank healer hybrid to solo properly. I dont like tab targeting heals because that way im playing an health bar interface and not a game. But thats just me.

• HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by rojo6934

yeah i read the same. They also said that most healings will be both cone (like healing sprays in skyrim) and ground aoe heals. I dont play healer roles in mmos because i dont like when im a healer and i cant be a dps within that class (TERA im looking at you). So i personally like this concept in TESO. I only like to be a healing class when i do solo gameplay, like a tank healer hybrid to solo properly. I dont like tab targeting heals because that way im playing an health bar interface and not a game. But thats just me.

It was also mentioned that cones and AoE's will prioritize healing people in your group.

So although you won't have targetted heals, if in group, you will know who  your heals will hit first.  (This is something GW2 doesn't have, and it can be very frustrating to support-oriented players). 

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by HoiPoloi

It was also mentioned that cones and AoE's will prioritize healing people in your group.

So although you won't have targetted heals, if in group, you will know who  your heals will hit first.  (This is something GW2 doesn't have, and it can be very frustrating to support-oriented players). 

Yeah and heavy armor  will get extra healing due to the perk in the heavy armor tree (x% to healing received when in all heavy), so tanks should also be fine even with the deeper health pool

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by morbidlymystic
    Originally posted by HoiPoloi

How does a cone or circle prioritize people in your group?  That would only make sense if there was a maximum amount that could be healed.  Where did you see this?

There are different ways to do this, healing the lowest first, spreading heal over all people that need it, or some intelligent mix that heals most to people taking most damage in the last few secconds. 

I just want to mention AoC that has such a system,  mostly based on hots, if they take AoC healing and add some more direct area heals, then it will allow for good healing that dont require you to watch healthbars but allow you to watch the action.

its the new and better form of healing. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    But if a straight healer isnt required.. I could only see roleplayers doing that. If bursty damage is more effecient 10x over and healers arent required, I imagine we will see very few healers in the game. I personally like when a healer and tank is required (Although WoW is shifting too with adding Heroic 3 man Scenarios that dont require a tank or healer) but still.
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

It has been confirmed - no targetted healing, but a healing-heavy role can be specced which nevertheless will still have decent damage dealing capabilities.

Welcome to the world of the more-than-one-trick-pony.