Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allignment

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Will this be the mmo game that truelyballows me to choose my allignment based on my actions. Do the quests allow me to chhose the evil path? And will the worlds NPC finally react to me based on my evil deads,...

i really hope so, because i am done wth all those premade factions only allowing good alligned deeds.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    we dont know dude :D
  • DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
    I have my doubts but we will see.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

lets see this is very inportant for me to make an ES game feel like the ES i remember from daagerfall...

people that once played EQ know how a good allignment system adds depth to these games.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217

NPCs will treat you differently depending on what choices you make in certain quests (an example of this is wether you decide to let a witch live or die in the end of a quest. If you let her live the town won't like you as much, but if you kill her they will cheer for you). But that is the extent of any allignment i think. You can't go killing every NPC you see.

Also, depending on what race you are, you might be treated differently.

Its just for flavour.

• JebbJebb Member Posts: 19
    I don't think the game will go into any huge level of depth with this, I can't see it being any more detailed than, say, Skyrim. That would be an awful lot of work and they're already putting a lot of work into many of the other systems in the game.

"Jesus promised to rid the world of all wicked people. Odin promised to rid the world of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants."

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by Jebb
    I don't think the game will go into any huge level of depth with this, I can't see it being any more detailed than, say, Skyrim. That would be an awful lot of work and they're already putting a lot of work into many of the other systems in the game.

Additionally, they did say that the npc's wouldn't recognize your race should it come up in quest text.

I think there's some article where the writer mentions that some orcs were calling him an outsider or some such thing and his character was an orc.

The dev's joked that he just got off the boat so they considered him an outsider but when pressed they indicated that type of race recognition would not be in the game.

Shame that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

No morality system in the game however there are choices that "matter", the example given in both hands on are the people you leave the starter area with will help you throughout the game unless you chose not to save/recruit them.

Also theres smaller examples like the guy at zam and the guy at massively grouped up, one saved a poisoned pirate the other let them die and the one that saved the pirate got berated for it due to the pirate being such an evil shootbag and the guy that let him die was hailed as a hero by the same person, but due to phasing they each saw a different outcome even tho they were right next to each other

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

lets see this is very inportant for me to make an ES game feel like the ES i remember from daagerfall...

people that once played EQ know how a good allignment system adds depth to these games.

EQ's alignments were just the original version of todays MMO 'Factions' or 'Reputations'. If Freeport Guards hated you, kill enough Orcs and then they loved you. It wasn't a true alignment system as you would see in something like tabletop D&D.

I would love to see actual alignments in a game, and I would love to see the story split into different directions based on decisions you make. I don't think that will happen with this game.

Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

EQ's alignments were just the original version of todays MMO 'Factions' or 'Reputations'. If Freeport Guards hated you, kill enough Orcs and then they loved you. It wasn't a true alignment system as you would see in something like tabletop D&D.

I would love to see actual alignments in a game, and I would love to see the story split into different directions based on decisions you make. I don't think that will happen with this game.

Isnt that the MMO we are all wayting for?

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    How would a "true alignment" system work then?

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

Originally posted by grvmpybear
    How would a "true alignment" system work then?

quite simple, there would be something like 3 axis.

good vs evil

lawfull vs chaos

worshiper vs non worshiper (or anything else you can come up with)

any action a player makes, wether it is a questchoice or an npc he kills  or an npc guild he joins will move one or more axis possitively or negative.

NPCs are programmed to react to players based on certain standings on these allignment axis

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    But would there be no way to undo your decision? Or could a non-worshiper convert faiths?

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.