Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Schools of magic

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,064Member Uncommon

What schools of magic will the game support?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• deakondeakon birminghamPosts: 583Member

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus What schools of magic will the game support?  

I don't think the spell schools are in the form that we are used to in the single player tes games.

From what I've read restoration and destruction are in, you level them up by leveling the staff's of that particular school and that will unlock new abilities to put on your hotbar.

The rest have some spells in the different class treesfor instance sorc gets some conjuration, alteration and destruction and some are unlocked by doing things in the world, for instance the mages guild has its own skill tree with spells included.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,064Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by deakon

I don't think the spell schools are in the form that we are used to in the single player tes games.

From what I've read restoration and destruction are in, you level them up by leveling the staff's of that particular school and that will unlock new abilities to put on your hotbar.

The rest have some spells in the different class treesfor instance sorc gets some conjuration, alteration and destruction and some are unlocked by doing things in the world, for instance the mages guild has its own skill tree with spells included.

Well, we have to see how that works out seems like a great system to me, also had a develoeper tell me that there indeed will be 3 skilltrees for each of the 4 classes, but there will also be skilltree trainers throughout the lands where to learn new skilltrees and abbilities belonging to them.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• XarkoXarko Hradec KralovePosts: 394Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by deakon

Well, we have to see how that works out seems like a great system to me, also had a develoeper tell me that there indeed will be 3 skilltrees for each of the 4 classes, but there will also be skilltree trainers throughout the lands where to learn new skilltrees and abbilities belonging to them.

There also is a hidden vampire skill tree somewhere :)