Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Flame & Frost - The Razing Launches

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet has announced that the fourth installment of the Flame & Frost event has been launched as of today. Called "The Razing", the new content features new quest lines as well as the much anticipated improvements to the World vs World system.

• Elimination of culling: This update does away with culling, the process by which some enemy players become invisible in large groups. Now, more characters will be visible on screen in WvW, even in the largest pitched battles.

• Improved WvW performance: The new WvW progression system includes new World XP and new WvW Ranks. Players can use their WvW Ranks to purchase new titles and abilities exclusive to WvW, and take advantage of new WvW achievements that help track and plan their progress.

• New guild bounty targets: Three new bounty hunt targets are on the run in Tyria, and they’re more elusive and menacing than ever. Players can work with their guilds to bring these fugitives to justice, earning new rewards and other system improvements.

• New guild mission types: Smaller or more casual guilds can participate in new bounty hunt training sessions to hone their skills for bigger challenges, while still accessing and unlocking guild content. 

Read the full update notes on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Can't wait to get into some wvw! Got my thief to 80 and ready to go!

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Man is that a huge patch!!!! Additions AND bug fixes!!

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Yeh that is indeed quite the patch.  Even a very nice buff for engineers. Anet is showing their ongoing commitment to the game despite what the handfull of usual suspects well want you to believe.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• IcnoevilIcnoevil Member Posts: 9
    thanks for fixing a game breaking bug in 7 months.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Icnoevil
    thanks for fixing a game breaking bug in 7 months.

Now I'm curious, which bug that was?

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Great patch! Looking forward to WvW progression and more living story content. The repeatable instance has potential.
  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    VERY nice patch. Loads of subtle polishes and bug fixes to compliment the new content. Looking forward to logging in!
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    all you have to do is go to the world vs world offical forums and see what people really feel about this patch. Its a huge disappointment for world vs world players that was the promised WvW patch. Im sorry I still play and all but this patch is a sad disappointment to anyone that pvps full time in WvW. The pve side got a lot of polish and some more content. All and all very very disappointed with this patch, half the promised WvW features and content isnt even added.
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

A joke of an update. All they added was a leveling system to WvW, the sole addition to the game since launch. Most of this patch is PvE focussed, like all the other patches before it.

The good news is, even though ArenaNet let the hype engines run, and made no effort to correct missinformation about the "great WvW update", few people were actually surprised with what little they delivered.

Their own forums tell the same tale, atleast for now, as they haven't deleted most threads yet.

Meanwhile, another set of asian lottery weapon models was added to the gem store, where buying keys for chests gives you a marginal chance to obtain one of the new weapon designs.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by raapnaap

A joke of an update. All they added was a leveling system to WvW, the sole addition to the game since launch. Most of this patch is PvE focussed, like all the other patches before it.

The good news is, even though ArenaNet let the hype engines run, and made no effort to correct missinformation about the "great WvW update", few people were actually surprised with what little they delivered.

Their own forums tell the same tale, atleast for now, as they haven't deleted most threads yet.

yeah a lot of us are pissed but the few  here. We were blantantly lied to for months and it pisses off a lot of us still wasting our time in this game. Matt Witter and Mike Fergeson once again show they are completely clueless on how to make WvW fun with more garbage siege abilities and guard passives.... And to think these guys go around bragging they worked on warhammer and DAOC. Im pretty unimpressed with this game and think its about time for me to reactivate a old wow account or something because being level 80 on 3 toons with full exotics and ascended gear is just plain out a boring ass game at 80 with zerge only pvp.  No raiding and rerun fractals or siege zerge just isnt fun anymore , I was hoping for a lot more with this system they been bragging about for months.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

Meanwhile, another set of asian lottery weapon models was added to the gem store, where buying keys for chests gives you a marginal chance to obtain one of the new weapon designs.

this has what made me lose all faith in gw2, arenanet, and ncsoft. no matter how much trust and faith you put into a game company they will always f*ck you for a couple extra dollars in the end. i dont understand how they can be so short-sighted.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    So they addes a patch which quite heavilly improved wvw. Addes some story content and some other things. They added new weapon set for guilds and another weapon set for gems. Sure you have to gamble for it but man you really sound spoiled. Soon devs won;t be able to charge money for anything b/c they will be greedy bastards. Some of you need to get back to earth.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

But you can buy these new weapons at the auction house right?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

the weapons are a skin...no stat advantage...wow people on this site are hilarious.

VERY solid patch, gj

I wanna try the new instance

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    As far as I know the new weapons are cosmetic. Yeah pretty good patch. Zomg! I actually posted a pro-gw2 post!

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Loving the new content for both PvE and WvWvW its been fun while I was on today got 100% complete on Living story and have moved into the new WvW and loving it.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by gessekai332

this has what made me lose all faith in gw2, arenanet, and ncsoft. no matter how much trust and faith you put into a game company they will always f*ck you for a couple extra dollars in the end. i dont understand how they can be so short-sighted.

Can't tell if trolling or if you honestly just don't know what you're talking about here.  The weapon models are just that: models, skins.  Complete vanity fluff that everyone, whether you use the gem shop or not, has a chance of obtaining.  It's really the same chance as things like super rare mounts that drop off bosses in games that don't have cash shops.

Even for the skins that you can only obtain through the gem store, the fact that you can buy all of it with in game gold renders any money-grabbing argument utterly obsolete.  The gem shop is no different than an NPC vendor that sells a bunch of expensive, marginally useful items.   

BTW, thank you, Arenanet for not taking $120 dollars from me like any subscription based MMO would have so far!  Thanks for NOT "f*cking me for a couple extra dollars!" 

If a few rich people want to toss the phat dollaz at Anet to buy some chest keys for a chance of obtaining super rare drop skins, by all means, spend away!  They're helping fund a game I love.  Meanwhile the vast majority of players can get off paying significantly less than a subscription would cost, and not miss out on a single important thing.  Works for me!

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

But you can buy these new weapons at the auction house right?

Nope, soulbound.

I don't really care anyway, cosmetics isn't what I play games for. The patch is simply a massive let down for WvW players, and even the PvE side of things is content you complete in an hour, hardly any meat on the bone.

Ahwell, now that "the great WvW update" is finally out of the way, I can safely drop this game from my radar. It is clear that the rate of development, and the obvious PvE crowd bias, cannot possibly result in a properly supported WvW/PvP community.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    It's a game, drop it from your 'radar' if you don't enjoy it. You know 10 years ago when we got bored of a game we just stopped playing and moved on- no real need for miserable declarations on some GW forum, i blame the entitlement/I want I want culture that's been leaking from the west.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Ahwell, now that "the great WvW update" is finally out of the way, I can safely drop this game from my radar. It is clear that the rate of development, and the obvious PvE crowd bias, cannot possibly result in a properly supported WvW/PvP community.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    WvW is amazing now.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    WvW is awesome now with the culling fix! I also love that we are finally getting world ranks (realm ranks) and leaderboards to show them off on :)
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    It's a game, drop it from your 'radar' if you don't enjoy it. You know 10 years ago when we got bored of a game we just stopped playing and moved on- no real need for miserable declarations on some GW forum, i blame the entitlement/I want I want culture that's been leaking from the west.

Yeah bingo. Although I doubt most of the people that post that kind of crap ever played.  They just add in crap like that to boost the street cred of their whine-fest.

Solid patch, glad you can get best in slot from WvW alone now. And the progression doesn't ruin the balance.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    The culling change alone is reason to celebrate. The epic battle that erupted last night as everyone started logging into WvW at once to try it out was rather fun!