Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tutorial gameplay *NEW*

Looks really great, hope they replace animations, and im really satisfied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Dxi9vvnhB1U

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Have to agree, looking great so far.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Much better video than 3 videos that very around earlier today.

And, here TESO really looks like an Elder Scrolls game. Thanks OP.

• Nuck_ChorrisNuck_Chorris Member Posts: 5
    My one gripe so far is the absolutely awful tacky target glows. Here's hoping that they at least give us a slider in the options to control the intensity of it (all the way down to zero, hopefully). I can understand the use of it for PvP/adventure zones, but for soloing/exploration etc that's a real immersion killer. Everything else looks stellar though. ZOS have really messed up the process of showcasing their game online because this gameplay looks 10x more Elder Scrolls than almost any of the gameplay/footage they've released so far.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    looks pretty cool aside from the target glow.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by DMKano
    It looks good but the combat feels very floaty, like air dancing I hope they can make it feel like you are actually hitting something solid.

"floaty" combat seems to be a concern for a lot of people that played the game.  thankfully there is time for the developers to work on it.

• bartikebartike Member Posts: 7

I think, they will fix that glow after beta and after mass feedback.

• JebbJebb Member Posts: 19
    I think they could help with the "floaty" combat problem by beefing up some of the audio (it's hard to get a feel for the audio at all in this format).

"Jesus promised to rid the world of all wicked people. Odin promised to rid the world of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants."

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    This looks way better than I expected and looks so much like TES that I am suprised.  The only thing that will hold the game back is the content they have post launch.
  • dgarbinidgarbini Member Posts: 185
    Good video thanks OP.  Probably the best 'feeling' video so far.  To me it looks like an Elder Scrolls game and much better then I had expected as well.  So I guess for the first time cautiously optimistic.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Wow, I mean... if you did that whole thing in first person view, it'd be hard to know if this was the next Elder Scrolls game or Elder Scrolls Online - which is a GREAT thing IMO.

Very, very impressed with this little snippet.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Nice Vid, good find !

I like what i see there. As i am aware of the balancing act between an Single Player Game (Skyrim and older Elder Scrolls Titles) and an MMO (ESO), i woud say this is pretty decend :) Looking forward to it :)

• o2jplo2jpl Member Posts: 32

Video looks great, kinda of what I expected it terms of gameplay. I could go into a negative rant about some major other minor things that bother me regarding the gameplay.  I will hold back and just assume things will improve and see where that leaves me closer to launch.

One thing that I hate so much about it already is the detail on unsheathing and sheathing the weapon, in the videos case a two-handed sword which sits away from body before being unsheated. Even if it was attached to the body of the character, it would have looked like it was sticking thanks to super glue. Just like in Skyrim, which had horrible detail on sheating and how it translated to characters entire look, besides shooting arrows which acctualy drew arrows from the quiver. In Skyrim, in some cases, you would unsheath a weapon and it would magically appear from the characters inventory, it all looked clunky.(I think staffs are a good example if I recall correctly) This I feel has been a trend across mmos, some might not conisder this a problem simply because it has no major affect on gameplay.

It's a detail to a character that I believe should not be overlooked. Maybe "holsters" can be a solution where each weapon has a unique holster designed for its position on the body. Possibly have it become part of crafting. Where quivers would be a great example of how different sized quivers can be created and possibly unique  stats can be given to those crafted items.

Afterall its all about immersion.

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Wow, I mean... if you did that whole thing in first person view, it'd be hard to know if this was the next Elder Scrolls game or Elder Scrolls Online - which is a GREAT thing IMO.

Very, very impressed with this little snippet.

Thinking the same. Though, because I tend to go to 3rd person in Skyrim every now and again, it looked even more similar to me. :)

Still, I'd have to agree about the target glow... Way too much. I hope we at least get the option to turn it down a bit.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Apparently it was another embarassing video, because Zenimax took it down.  Probably showed more of the cheap animations and clunky interface I guess =D

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• walltarwalltar Member Posts: 58
    http://vk.com/video35646085_164690529 ... it is still here. I dont know why they keep taking them down. I must say i quite like it. If they work on animations and that target glow it coulb be great game.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    The lighting really stands out here and makes it look more ES. Loads better than the last video I watched of TESO.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Apparently it was another embarassing video, because Zenimax took it down.  Probably showed more of the cheap animations and clunky interface I guess =D

Damn, you still trolling it up? 

If you dont like ESO, go play somethign else.. ranting about it all over really does make you look like an idiot

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Originally posted by Karteli Apparently it was another embarassing video, because Zenimax took it down. Probably showed more of the cheap animations and clunky interface I guess =D

Was a pretty good vid tbh, looked a lot like skyrim in 3rd person but with an added glow when targeting (I hope I can turn that off or down tho as its a bit too "gamey" for me)

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I am not a fan of the UI, it looks boring and bland.  I do like how the camera rotates to your character though and shows yo uthe front of your cahracter instead of openeing up another window with a paper doll.  Hopefully the rest of the UI gets soem more pizzaz and color, black and white and very small makes it not intuitive at all.

As for the rest, I really really really dislike the over the shoulder view, that is fine for out of combat but I want to be able to scroll out far enough to where the reticule is over the head which is exactly how Skyrim does it.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by azzamasin

I am not a fan of the UI, it looks boring and bland.  I do like how the camera rotates to your character though and shows yo uthe front of your cahracter instead of openeing up another window with a paper doll.  Hopefully the rest of the UI gets soem more pizzaz and color, black and white and very small makes it not intuitive at all.

As for the rest, I really really really dislike the over the shoulder view, that is fine for out of combat but I want to be able to scroll out far enough to where the reticule is over the head which is exactly how Skyrim does it.

Have you seen the other (shorter) vids because thats exactly how it works when you zoom right out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRgDuHB3xDI

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Rhazmuz
    Originally posted by Karteli

Damn, you still trolling it up? 

If you dont like ESO, go play somethign else.. ranting about it all over really does make you look like an idiot

Yeah, he afraid to go to that website to view videos.  He thinks he will get some sort of virus even though plenty of people told him it was safe.  Seems intent on trolling everyone and making himself look fooling. 

Let him.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Yeah the target glow, and the white glow of the dead bodies is just awfull..

they need something way more subtle...

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Looks pretty standard. Just the glow around your targets is something I really don't like. I hope it can be disabled.
  • JebbJebb Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by azzamasin

The UI is almost entirely placeholder. I'm not going on a sauce-dig now but it's out there somewhere if you want confirmation.

"Jesus promised to rid the world of all wicked people. Odin promised to rid the world of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants."

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Blah, I didn't get to see it! Looks like the plug was pulled off of youtube

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.