Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: So We Are 80 What Now? Volume 2 Be Legendary

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Volume 2 Be legendary

Volume 1 Endgame?

For this week of “So we are 80 now”? We are smack right in front of a patch. Major changes are coming to WVW. Will that get more people playing is my only major concern. People tend to be scared of pvp like they will die in real life. I encourage pvp because it actually makes you a better pve player. No matter how much you try as a company. You can truly emulate the randomness of a human to human fight. Everyone is different has different tendencies. Like take me for instance in pvp I dance or sway back and forth. It’s just my tactic for getting someone to react to it. Depending on what they do I do something different.

Now in pve I do the same thing but here is the funny thing. I’m used to randomness of fighting another player in pvp games. When I take on an npc it’s almost as if they are too slow now. And they almost seem predictable to me. I’m sure you guys noticed this when you play now. And you have been playing games a long time. The reason why it’s good for you as a pve player is simple. You learn to move out of things and react to real time situations. If you notice a lot of time people who shy away from pvp also struggle with mechanics.

Next thing I’ll touch on is something I spoke on in a past video server hopping. Granted it’s fun but a problem occurs from doing it. Which has been somewhat nerfed recently but good community manners should still be executed. By that I mean when you hop just try and go to low pop servers but I don’t think it matters anymore now. But just putting it out there for anyone annoyed with overflows. Guild quest getting love is so much needed. When I first seen the guild changes originally. I said in a video how is a small guild supposed to do this? Well it’s apparent we got heard and some love incoming to it. So get those Bounty Training Missions done.

My last thing for this week I’ll say is the living story yay or nay. I’ll give it a yayyyyy um wait minute last second nay. Here’s my reasoning why on that. We don’t actually affect anything with it. I would suggest maybe phasing the world so when you do an event or quest. You feel like you actually helped the living story. Right now it’s just like every did some events and boom magically something new appears. To me that’s not immersion it’s a scripted event. That will happen regardless of if we show up or not. I like immersion and the feeling as a server you did something. I think that is missing from the Living Story.

Now I don’t know what tomorrow will bring. I hope we do get some sense of participation in moving things. If we don’t I put it out there Arena Net immerse us into this. Right now it’s the car you want to get but it’s not fully loaded. So you want to pass on it but you really want to drive it. That’s all I got this week next week will be fun. It will be done based off of what happens tomorrow.

Comments

• KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173

2 notes from me:

I play with a small guild... we can hardly raise 10k influence a week. But we still manage to build bounties and we are working on other missions too. You can buy influence with money (10k influence for 20g), which we do... We are not selfish bunch playing only for themselves (well not everyone anyway) and we like to share. I'm still not really sure what is problem here... Is our small guild actually big one in average or what?

And living story... I agree with you a lot here. What I'd like to see in living story is something that happend in WoW when they opened gates of Ahn'Quiraji. Each server was independent on their progress and each server had to meet some criteria for event to continue. This would be superb way to go for me. Events as they are now are fine, but they need some more player involvement. Second phase was fine to start on timed script. That was kinda natural, but now if there were some events that would matter, it would feel much more "alive". For example you need to free 1000 camps, destroy 1000 portals and carriers, fill in 1000 fissures. Possibly some side event with donations for strike back party... That would make living story so much more awesome.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    I said the samething on the main forums I hope they listen. They only usually listen when people fan boy them. And ban people who don't smh. They have a really ill tempered mod there or something. But here's hoping they be fair and listen. I didn't flame them anyway just suggestions.
  • MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171

Your rant on no beta for gamers is forshadowing. Because look what happen hours after you made that video. They released a broken patch lol....

They're going to ban your post for sure on the main forums at Arena net. You made them look really bad and predicted it.

It's not a rant if 4 hours later they proove me right lol.
  • KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173

I just found an interesting intevriew:

http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/entrevista-game-designer-guild-wars-2

Look around 1m30s mark. He talks about evolution of living story.

It's good that they are trying to do exactly what I'm getting at.