Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Go with this, The concept is great!

OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45

You Texans go ahead and succeed where the Greeks failed with Darkfall.

Your concept for this game will be successful. There were TENS OF THOUSANDS of people lined up to buy Darkfall on day one because THERE IS A MARKET for a FPS FULL LOOT PVP MMO (as long as it is GOOD).

Darkfall generated so much interest BECAUSE it promised all of the features and content you are promising. It failed because it did not deliver.

IF you pull this off, you will SUCCEED. There are so many of us out here that want this game, but most don't believe it is possible after so many disappointments.

I believe if one group can pull this off it is TEXANS. Make this game, sell it, get rich and make us all happy.

Comments

• Zarak11Zarak11 Member UncommonPosts: 36

agree with all post 

very exited about news every time btw

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    All concepts are great in their own right. It's usually the game that sucks.  

• ThradokThradok Member Posts: 57
    Devs are vets of plenty of MMO's, they've seen first hand what happens when expectations and reality are so far apart ;)
  • Turkish4676Turkish4676 Member Posts: 87

It is great that this niche group of people get a game they can sink their blood thirsty teeth in to. The problem with your logic is that it is too close to the mark in its numerical projection. At the highest level of tens of thousands you have 90,000, otherwise it would be considered over 100,000.

The whole full pvp loot system does not appeal to the masses. If you think tens of thousands is the masses then you are severely mistaken. If you take an average game and estimate its 1 million subs or just players then at most you are closing in at 10% of the population of said game. If you are talking highly populated games then you are closing in on 1% of the population.

The system that you describe will scare off the masses just in the past treatment they have had to endure in other games. Then the people brave enough to try out said game will leave within days after experiencing said madness. Developers have abandoned the full pvp loot system for a reason. No player wants to lose their hard earned rewards. Sure some can tolerate it with some trust that they can re-attain the items lost. Most will not tolerate this system though.

A game company is not going to do very much with a game that has under 100k subs, if it is a sub system. If it is F2P or BTW whatever you better hope that those 2-3k people who actually spend money on those types of games are spending like crazy. It gets old playing with cyber tough guys who think they are great just because they have 35 other guys they connected with that have the same bully mentality, when you have maybe 4 people on your friend list and asking for help in general gets you the, "Google it" response.

• ThradokThradok Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Turkish4676

It is great that this niche group of people get a game they can sink their blood thirsty teeth in to. The problem with your logic is that it is too close to the mark in its numerical projection. At the highest level of tens of thousands you have 90,000, otherwise it would be considered over 100,000.

The whole full pvp loot system does not appeal to the masses. If you think tens of thousands is the masses then you are severely mistaken. If you take an average game and estimate its 1 million subs or just players then at most you are closing in at 10% of the population of said game. If you are talking highly populated games then you are closing in on 1% of the population.

The system that you describe will scare off the masses just in the past treatment they have had to endure in other games. Then the people brave enough to try out said game will leave within days after experiencing said madness. Developers have abandoned the full pvp loot system for a reason. No player wants to lose their hard earned rewards. Sure some can tolerate it with some trust that they can re-attain the items lost. Most will not tolerate this system though.

A game company is not going to do very much with a game that has under 100k subs, if it is a sub system. If it is F2P or BTW whatever you better hope that those 2-3k people who actually spend money on those types of games are spending like crazy. It gets old playing with cyber tough guys who think they are great just because they have 35 other guys they connected with that have the same bully mentality, when you have maybe 4 people on your friend list and asking for help in general gets you the, "Google it" response.

Full loot does not mean it is a bloodthirsty gank fest. The planned systems are not entirely dissimlar to those found in EVE, which has several hundred thousand subs, and still growing.

• badbingo10badbingo10 Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Turkish4676

I'm lost with how you get your numbers?

Why are players who want open world pvp considered a tiny niche? Games like darkfall and mortal online both got more players than they set out to achieve, they also stirred up loads of interest pre release that dropped off due to reasons nothing to do with pvp. Pvp games with bigger budgets and higher expectations have had great success like Eve, Ashrons Call, UO, DHOC.

Its the equivalent of me saying pve mmo's have no interest and never work out, they are just not for the masses.... just look at SWTOR or Vanguard, your type of games just always fail, and then pretending wow, eq and all the other successes didn't exist.

The difference between pvp and pve centric games is, when a pve game fails we (pvp fans) don't all blame it on people hating pve, and accuse you of being a tiny niche. Sorry for my little rant, and I know its not just you its a general opinion that floats around these forums, cut a long story short I think your wrong :P .

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

oh how I pray this isn't a skill capped alt fest game like MO was.

thought skill caps were a solution I would have liked in other games, based on how many people support them.

played MO and couldn't stand the fact that I had to log out and then log on another character just to do some harvesting, and then another to work on crafting.

give me one character that can do it all, then limit what I can take out with me on the battle field (like choose a few skills and passives that will define what I excel in)

really pumped about this game but im not going through an alt fest game ever again, especially in a sandbox where I should be restricted in what I do.