Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

League of Legends: Mobile Version Statement Clarified

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,572MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Yesterday it was widely reported that Riot Games was working on a League of Legends mobile edition. However, this may not be exactly true. RTSGuru.com reached out to Riot to find out about the rumor and received word back.

"Riot currently doesn't have an announcement to make regarding mobile or console versions of League of Legends. That said, you’ll rarely see a Rioter without a smartphone or tablet within arm’s reach, and there is a small mobile team working on some cool stuff that will supplement the League of Legends experience. More on that soon!"

Read more at RTSGuru.com.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Youngstown, OHPosts: 1,393Member
    I just sold the rest of my pc's because I dont want to get stuck with piles of garbage after the ps4 drops and devs come out with more mobile games. At first I thought it wouldnt work, but I have had a change of heart. No matter what is being said now, league will be coming to mobile platforms, if your game is playable on a mobile device then it just doesn't make any sense not to take advantage of that market. Check out arcane legends app if you havent played it, you should, if you had no faith in mobile gaming it will open your eyes. Surely LoL will be coming to mobile devices.
  • BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Pasadena, MDPosts: 281Member

Heroes of Order and Chaos is an amazing MOBA for iOS.  Like a mini League of Legends.  I think the controls are better than LoL would be.  

I doubt Riot would ever be able to make LoL for iOS within 5 years.  They are still having issues with the MAC client.  And they are super slow when it comes to large feature implementation.  

LoL still lacks built in VOiP,  A clan system, better social tools.  Id rather see this stuff first.

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon
    Consoles are really going to die now.  First the PC took away alot of thier players, now everyone seems to be going mobile...