Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

World of Warcraft: New Battleground, Arenas, Scenarios Incoming

2»

Comments

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,357Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by expresso
    Did someone put a rocket up blizzards ass, they seem to be pumping these content patches out quicker than they ever have. 3 content patches (5.2 being a true content patch) in 6 months... wish I still play now.

Too bad its quantity and not quality.

• oubersoubers bazelPosts: 876Member Common
    this news is kinda meh

• VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,970Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by smokedogg311
    Originally posted by Vannor

lol I think it's funny as hell that people try to keep beating on WoW even when it's blatently obvious they are putting out content better than anyone else at the moment.

Quit barking about sub numbers and just admit that Blizz is doing the right thing for their player base. Whether they are doing it to try boost subs or not, it's a positive thing. Any update for ANY MMO is developed to help make said MMO more money/gain more subs. You're just stating the obvious and pretending to yourselves it's summat different from what other games do.

I don't think I've ever seen two content patches come so close together for any MMO. Not to mention 5.2 was MASSIVE. If they keep this up, they deserve to have more subs.

This must be the only mmo you have ever played then. The content blizz puts out in the amount of time they do is a complete joke.  4 months for one patch is kinda sad. They are feeding you mini patches to make you think there is stuff still going on. The truth is the only good thing WoW had going for it was the polish of the game and combat. The content  as always been lackluster and the patches take forever.

There are plenty of other mmos out there that brings more long lasting content at a faster pace than WoW. Get out form underneath your rock and you will see. Rift and FFXI are examples of content that is put out faster and last longer.

You sound like you've actualy played 5.2 and know what you are talking about...

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 New York, NYPosts: 365Member
    As this is one of 5 Mmo I still play, i'm Looking forward to this, thx much..

Let's see when the next Tera content or mini patch comes out (another 2 months wait I think), as i'm happy with blizz content/mini patches this xpac..

And as the wow team has gotten bigger, i'm looking forward to the burning legion Xpac..
  • ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,232Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by dotdotdash
    Originally posted by floreairfoot
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    Nope not even the great savoir of the mmo rpg genre is going to cut it now. Played 5.2 for about aweek im bored already.

Yea... we've been hearing this for years, but I'm sure it's true this time.

Considering WoW sub numbers are in decline, by Blizzard's own admission, I think it's time you did start believing it. No one is saying WoW is going to die. Most are suggesting it's had its day however.

haters gonna hate. nothing new.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vannor

lol I think it's funny as hell that people try to keep beating on WoW even when it's blatently obvious they are putting out content better than anyone else at the moment.

Quit barking about sub numbers and just admit that Blizz is doing the right thing for their player base. Whether they are doing it to try boost subs or not, it's a positive thing. Any update for ANY MMO is developed to help make said MMO more money/gain more subs. You're just stating the obvious and pretending to yourselves it's summat different from what other games do.

I don't think I've ever seen two content patches come so close together for any MMO. Not to mention 5.2 was MASSIVE. If they keep this up, they deserve to have more subs.

Agreed.

It is an article about a patch for a game. Why are the people coming here and posting that they do not care about it?

When I see that some game I do not care about is about to be patched, I do not go to the thread and post that I do not care. I simply do not post.

Other people come and say that these patches are rather minipatches adding no content or that the contents are more about quantity than quality. The last "minipatch" added the biggest raid ever created in WoW. It also added world bosses which are being killed with 100-200 people which is pretty cool, imo.

Another guy claims that Wildstar will cut their sub numbers by half. Dont know about you, but I have heard similar statements about Rift, TERA, TSW, GW 2, and approximately dozen other titles. The only difference is that this guy forgot to use the word "WoW-killer".

I dont claim that WoW is a supercool game. In fact, it is not even MMORPG according to my standards. I would call it rather a MMO game the purpose of which is to provide quick relaxed fun rather than experience of a virtual world. However, bashing the game just because there is a new patch announced is really low.

It is just an old MMO. There is no need for bashing it.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• TsumoroTsumoro EozeaPosts: 408Member Uncommon

The game is good, when questing and things but recycling content does get old. By this I mean the dailies. There are so  many of the freaking things that I just get bored of it. Although I understand 5.3 will have a couple of nice editions the big one will be with 5.4 which I believe will add another raid... But do I really want to keep this up? Logging in, doing my valor etc and then raids where I can?

I dont have it in me anymore. If only WoW had its own Foundry like system, I would be one happy bunny. 

• jwalton314jwalton314 Arlington, VAPosts: 1Member

I don't think World of Warcraft will fall until they try to come out with another game and stop supporting this one.  I have been playing since it released and I am terribly bored with the game, yet I continue to play only to do Arena and for the social interaction with my IRL friends and my in game friends that I've played with over the years.

It's more of the fact that I've invested so much time into this game that I want to see what happens to it.

I did quit for about 6 months before Mist of the Pandaria came out though.

But in my opinion, I still believe it's the number 1 MMO to date.

2»