Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wheres the footage?

13»

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

The devs must be really insecure of their product.  At least GW2 was transparent with ingame footage years in advance.  Same with TSW, there was quite a bit of ingame footage prior to release.

ESO pre-release reminds me of Swtor's, and we all know how that ended.

• mysticjbyrdmysticjbyrd Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by observer

The devs must be really insecure of their product.  At least GW2 was transparent with ingame footage years in advance.  Same with TSW, there was quite a bit of ingame footage prior to release.

A fluffed cheery picked edited video of early game development is not transparency.... Its a marketing scheme.

PS:  Despite the amazing alpha/beta coverage, as you put it, TSW is a huge pile of steaming shit.  So yah...so much for that theory.

Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs
    Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    That "fire mage" video going around didn't make me excited for the game.  To anyone who says we shouldn't even be seeing the game at this point... why not?  ANet proudly showed off GW2 in its alpha and even through blurry German language videos, the game looked better than this.  Obviously this is not my final judgement, but I'm not surprised they're trying to control what the public sees.

if a game isn't ready it isn't ready. why whould you be priveledged to see something before its ready? do you get to see movie clips(outside trailers) of movies before they're ready? no. you wait until its done then you go see it.

just because gw2 showed off the game in alpha means everyone else should? what kinda logic is that.

If the game isnt ready then why the hell are they showing it off at a major Gaming Con and letting people play it for 20min????

Oh! You can see it and even play it if you go to the Con, BUT NO EXTERNAL VIDEOS OF WHAT WAS SHOWN BECAUSE ITS NOT DONE!

WTF?!

GW2 is kind of a trashy MMORPG anyways.  Go the other route, and ArcheAge shows their footage freely.

Only SWTOR and ESO need to hide footage :-D  But they hid gameplay for damn good reasons.

Whether or not GW2 "trashy" or not, doesn't invalidate the argument (taking cheap shots at GW2 is the norm for you, isn't it?).  They released many videos showing off their product in Alpha stages.  The devs making The Repopulation have many videos in Alpha also.  And Archeage? Seriously?  They were better off hiding their videos, because by releasing them, they probably turned off more players than they would have gotten to purchase it.  Zenimax have their reasons for not releasing it, and i'm sure they are legal ones, and even if i don't agree with their decision not to release some ingame footage, in the end, it's their product.

Originally posted by mysticjbyrd

A fluffed cheery picked edited video of early game development is not transparency.... Its a marketing scheme.

PS:  Despite the amazing alpha/beta coverage, as you put it, TSW is a huge pile of steaming shit.  So yah...so much for that theory.

Yes, let's ignore the fact that the press and players at conventions, were allowed to show their videos, that weren't edited or cherry picked.  It doesn't matter if TSW was the wow-killer or a pos.. the fact that they released some footage reinforces confidence in their product.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

They won't release any ftootage of the gameplay untill they are ready, which is exactly as it should be.

People went apeshit over the first screenshots of orc looking bad or that reptile race looking wonky.

Nerds are such a hard customers they can't really show anything unfinished.

But don't worry there will be plenty of footage before pre-orders/launch.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Eigetsu

Here is the videos.

http://vk.com/video35646085_164679822

http://vk.com/video35646085_164679814

http://vk.com/video35646085_164680013

Thx for the Vids. No Script running/Maleware for me, all fine on my Side.

I wished we could see more Vids tho.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Pretty much this.

TESO looks like fantasy SWTOR. We'll see how it performs.

And thanks for the vids.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Talk all you want, ESO is going to be a massive hit.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

And Archeage? Seriously?  They were better off hiding their videos, because by releasing them, they probably turned off more players than they would have gotten to purchase it.

*raises hand*