Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some "Announcement" coming up on Monday

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by ignore_me
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Originally posted by donjuanagain
    This game died  a cowardly death.

Sadly for you, no, is not even close to be death. 

It was an intellectual death, not a financial death.

lol bioware hyped the release of the release date again. Look everyone we made poopy! Yay /clap hands

It's not BioWare who overhyped it... it's DH and TORWars.... /shrug...

Who gave them the scoop ? :)

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• sweetdigssweetdigs Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Redcor
    They are going to pull the plug and start over.

I wish.  Star Wars deserved so much better (not to mention real space combat).

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

lol bioware hyped the release of the release date again. Look everyone we made poopy! Yay /clap hands

LOL and look what they did to it!!!!!

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Oh it was all a big accident, I see. I'm sure Bioware was unaware of what DH would do post-meeting after Austin.  

"Look, we are gonna give you guys the release date for Rage of The Exhaustion Zones, but don't do anything like leak the announcement that you have an announcement."

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Oh it was all a big accident, I see. I'm sure Bioware was unaware of what DH would do post-meeting after Austin.  

"Look, we are gonna give you guys the release date for Rage of The Exhaustion Zones, but don't do anything like leak the announcement that you have an announcement."

Of course they would... but not sure if they actually told them that the news will cause us to explode LOL

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Of course they would... but not sure if they actually told them that the news will cause us to explode LOL

sigh... Ok Seven.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

I must admit I find it funny that they are charging for this thing. They are pretty much upping the bar on the end game, further seperating it from the F2P base. You pretty much have to buy this expansion if you want to keep playing since all the future content will revolve around it. This is basically a money grab. The amount of content in this expansion rivals that of a normal content patch in a sub MMO. A new planet with not even a day worth of leveling. A new story line for each faction (cause they can't afford to continue class story) and quests to help you get to the new level cap of 55 with a couple of new abilities for each class. A new operation that would have been in the free content patch anyways. Flashpoints that were already in the game available in hard mode versions. 

You can tell that the Bioware guys are running out of content that was in development by devs who are long gone. This is pretty much a last ditch effort to try to grab some money out of the game while they can. 

But hey, atleast F2P players get an achievement system! 

P.S: It has been a long pe-season for ranked Warzones!

• JeardawgJeardawg Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Oh wow, they are going to actually release an expansion!!!!  Oh wait I already knew that, and I quit that game already knowing that,  this isn't news, its hype.  Give us something real.
  • HrvatinaHrvatina Member Posts: 13
    So the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT was the release date of this "expansion"? Great.
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    That was a TERRIBLE big announcement really...
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Hrvatina
    So the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT was the release date of this "expansion"? Great.

Well, I totally didn't expect the double XP weekends would lead up to the release date, as written out on their official website!

yeah we got some more details, but nothing to be super excited about.  Nothing super secret or a big game changer.

Maybe SWTOR 3.0 next year...

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Lol...you have to just be amused at this point.

Well, I'm sure the sites that were teasing this got plenty of hits on their site. Well played Darth Hater...well played...

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

Well Bioware did announce later on today that they are soon closing the 3 APAC servers. That was eventually reported on Darth Hater, along with some new cartel shop items.

I guess that counts as an announcement. This will bring the worldwide SWTOR servers from 20 to 17.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I guess that was the real Special Announcement.  3 more servers closing.

It was probably planned for some time, since if I recall those servers were the ones never upgraded.  Why upgrade them if they are going to be recycled for scrap.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Celcius

I must admit I find it funny that they are charging for this thing. They are pretty much upping the bar on the end game, further seperating it from the F2P base. You pretty much have to buy this expansion if you want to keep playing since all the future content will revolve around it. This is basically a money grab. The amount of content in this expansion rivals that of a normal content patch in a sub MMO. A new planet with not even a day worth of leveling. A new story line for each faction (cause they can't afford to continue class story) and quests to help you get to the new level cap of 55 with a couple of new abilities for each class. A new operation that would have been in the free content patch anyways. Flashpoints that were already in the game available in hard mode versions. 

You can tell that the Bioware guys are running out of content that was in development by devs who are long gone. This is pretty much a last ditch effort to try to grab some money out of the game while they can. 

I don't think I understand your point. You think it odd that the developers, who spend time adding additional content, would be willing to put out an expansion for free? You also think it odd that future content will revolve around the new content and level cap, with dashed hopes that you'd be able to float into advanced level content and still reap rewards? ... duh... money talks.

Also, "The amount of content in this expansion rivals that of a normal content patch in a sub MMO.", but it's not enough to warrent spending a max of $20? Or do you mean "The amount of content in this expansion [is rivaled by] that of a normal content patch in a sub MMO."?

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones

I don't think I understand your point. You think it odd that the developers, who spend time adding additional content, would be willing to put out an expansion for free? You also think it odd that future content will revolve around the new content and level cap, with dashed hopes that you'd be able to float into advanced level content and still reap rewards? ... duh... money talks.

Also, "The amount of content in this expansion rivals that of a normal content patch in a sub MMO.", but it's not enough to warrent spending a max of $20? Or do you mean "The amount of content in this expansion [is rivaled by] that of a normal content patch in a sub MMO."?

Source for that portion in bold / quotes?  Or did you just bold that for flare.

SWTOR tried hard to copy WoW, but they failed to realize that Blizzard gives away an EA "expansion" with every big patch, generally like 6-8 "EA expansions" between regular boxed expansions, .. which are maassive.  All done within about 2 years.

If Blizzard charged 10 bucks for every patch, I bet they would have fewer customers too.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones

Source for that portion in bold / quotes?  Or did you just bold that for flare.

SWTOR tried hard to copy WoW, but they failed to realize that Blizzard gives away an EA "expansion" with every big patch, generally like 6-8 "EA expansions" between regular boxed expansions, .. which are maassive.  All done within about 2 years.

If Blizzard charged 10 bucks for every patch, I bet they would have fewer customers too.

Um... the BOLD quotes are from the thread; read the whole thing. The quotes are bolded to emphasize that this is the section that I simply don't understand (from the previous poster). 

Also, Blizzard HAS charged for expansions that coincide with level cap increases. EA is just following suit; it's been a year, the new content is here, level cap is higher, pony up $20 and enjoy... nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact, I think they've copied WOW's model here too.

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

Its dissapointing whats called expansion and charged for today (to subscribers). 1 planet. It took me 4 hours on average for a planet.

Some skill rebalancing (lets face it that should have happened long long time ago) and pretty much non warranted level cap raise to ensure people must dish out 20/25$ if they want to continue playing.

Well at least now some company can profit from this by marketing "we have REAL expansions" heh

Oh and i think that this "super announcement" just summs up SWTOR very well: hyped to death but disspaointing to most.

APAC servers finally closing after months and months of pleading of those players that EA does something....anything.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by tintilinic

Its dissapointing whats called expansion and charged for today (to subscribers). 1 planet. It took me 4 hours on average for a planet.

Some skill rebalancing (lets face it that should have happened long long time ago) and pretty much non warranted level cap raise to ensure people must dish out 20/25$ if they want to continue playing.

Well at least now some company can profit from this by marketing "we have REAL expansions" heh

Its 10 bucks for susbcribers. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Its 25 10+15. Try to get it any way for 10 bucks without paying those 15 ;)

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Honestly I would not have a problem with it if they called it a "content pack" or "DLC" or something. Expansion is not a term to throw around when you have as much content as a small patch in WoW or Rift. Yes obviously I expect an expansion to mean that they want everyone to buy said expansion, but this is the problem here. The game is F2P. They are basically giving you virtually nothing for the normal game and forcing you to buy expansions for a good amount of content. This stuff was also going to be free and come out in 2012 before. (When they started talking about it last summer) So that does not help. 

Don't expect good content to come for free in the future. This is the major issue. You have to sub to enjoy the game due to so many restrictions. This expansion is essentially the start of EA-Ware double dipping every time they come out with one of these "expansions". This expansion also takes the place of a normal content patch. So for the monthly sub you are paying you get nothing but an extra bill for 10$ to continue playing.

Thas somewhat the point, they themselves called it content patch.

And if they continued to call it that or DLC it would kinda pi** off subscribers because i guess they expect to get at least content patches included in their sub. So they just renamed "content patch" to "expansion" and put a price tag on it. But considering their cartel shop exercises lately its not surprising, subs will get bare minimum new content included despite they still pay a sub.

Its kinda sad really.

And? point still remains that cost is 10 bucks for subscribers. Now you can twist it into any way you like.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

And? point still remains that cost is 10 bucks for subscribers. Now you can twist it into any way you like.

Please share with everyone how you paid 10 without paying additional 15, there are many many people interested how to do that and they will be very thankful to you.

But you are derailing the true issue:

1. its content update and it always was

2. they actually value this content update 20$

3. If you want to continue playing now you have one more hurdle: 20/25$ content update.

Please share with everyone how you paid 10 without paying additional 15, i guess there are many many people interested how to do that and they will be very thankful to you.

I was talking about the cost of pack without adding sub fee to it. Like i said people can combine the both and make a point but for people like me who have always subbed to SWTOR before an after F2P conversion, it is just 10 bucks for the new content. I didn't just sub to get a discount on cartel pack, because i have been subbed for quite a while now. 

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney