Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR worth checking out...again??

I played Swtor from Feb 2012 for a couple months, had one of the biggest guilds on The Fatman server and haven't looked back since our guild, Jedi Mind Tricks just really fell apart. The "Jesus" patch, it was called, really didn't do much for the game or add much that I was looking for. I have a couple of level 50's and I was wondering if it's worth to look back into again with the upcoming release of the Hutt Cartel Expansion. I have been looking for a good mmo with raiding to get into and hold my attention, really haven't found one at the current time. I love and have been a big fan of Everquest for years and eagerly awaiting the EQ Next reveal this summer.

Comments

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

No it's not worth going back.

I, myself just canceled my sub. The devs have gone money hungry and are selling just about everything the game has and should be included in the game. especially for subs who already pay a monthly fee.

You can do as you wish but it's worth the time to check this heap out. I do believe the devs know the game won't last and this is why they're selling as much stuff as they can before the ship finally sinks forever.

Bioware mishandled this game.

• Thebrave246Thebrave246 Member Posts: 174
    Originally posted by erikk3189

I, myself just canceled my sub. The devs have gone money hungry and are selling just about everything the game has and should be included in the game. especially for subs who already pay a monthly fee.

You can do as you wish but it's worth the time to check this heap out. I do believe the devs know the game won't last and this is why they're selling as much stuff as they can before the ship finally sinks forever.

I really believe you're absolutely right on this. I am just kind of bored right now. I am currently playing Heart of the Swarm, Marvel Heroes Closed Beta, Neverwinter Beta and Defiance Beta. But the Betas are not available right now. So basically just really been playing LoL, Starcraft 2, and mechwarrior online right now. Is there anything worth getting into right now, possibly with raids, and don't say WoW pleasee... lol

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

I bought the CE and made sure I was immediately online at release to get my toon names and set my place in the Star Wars Universe.  Last time I went back to check it out, I lost every toon name except two because they merged servers lol.  Bioware and EA have a lot to learn.

I won't be going back.

No bitchers.

Originally posted by Rinna

I bought the CE and made sure I was immediately online at release to get my toon names and set my place in the Star Wars Universe.  Last time I went back to check it out, I lost every toon name except two because they merged servers lol.  Bioware and EA have a lot to learn.

I won't be going back.

I won't be going back either.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Thebrave246
    Originally posted by erikk3189

I really believe you're absolutely right on this. I am just kind of bored right now. I am currently playing Heart of the Swarm, Marvel Heroes Closed Beta, Neverwinter Beta and Defiance Beta. But the Betas are not available right now. So basically just really been playing LoL, Starcraft 2, and mechwarrior online right now. Is there anything worth getting into right now, possibly with raids, and don't say WoW pleasee... lol

A bunch of promising games in alpha / beta currently.  The soonest might be ArcheAge at the end of the year.  There's not much happening right now as far as immersive games to make you un-bored at the moment.

Maybe dust off other old games to kill more time... freeroam space might not ever happen anyways, at this rate.

Otherwise, Aion is free and nice to at least try out.  Character creation alone makes SWTOR look like an 80's game.  Rift has Dimensions to create your own zone and stuff.  Both have raids.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

I don't know about Rift, really haven't played it, but I heard good and bad about it. I just want something to get into into this summer. When there are a few games I will really be playing. What about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn also?
  • LacertaLacerta Member Posts: 40
    I absolutely love this game. Yeah it's not top noch graphics, but gameplay is great. Most fun I had since EQ1. I think it appeals mostly to (old)er players, as my self, who only care about good story and gameplay. There are tons of people playing even on low level worlds, and chat is full of LFGs and helpfull players. I'm just sorry I waited this long to give it a try.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

if you checked it out before, nothing's changed.

if you plan on checking it out again as f2p, you're gonna leave it faster than you left last time.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Sephiroso

if you checked it out before, nothing's changed.

if you plan on checking it out again as f2p, you're gonna leave it faster than you left last time.

I think I'm going to play Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for now. Atleast a playthrough of each. I haven't really played Rift much at all, if that's the game you're talking about, so maybe it's worth a try...idk though..

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

whatever you do,,dont touch shaiya

i tried it in my deepest , darkest hour

i will never play aeria games again, no matter how spicy they make their ads

that market is covered by tera now

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Lacerta
    I absolutely love this game. Yeah it's not top noch graphics, but gameplay is great. Most fun I had since EQ1. I think it appeals mostly to (old)er players, as my self, who only care about good story and gameplay. There are tons of people playing even on low level worlds, and chat is full of LFGs and helpfull players. I'm just sorry I waited this long to give it a try.

This game was a travesity to MMORPG's.  Story is good, but gameplay?  Really? ... Must be the young guys in your vent, because gameplay isn't with SWTOR.. That is unless this is your first MMORPG, in which case you'll get an excuse card.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

I wouldn't waste your time with SWTOR as it really is a poor game that even a F2P hash job couldn't save. Hopefully you read this in time before it gets deleted as a certain SWTOR fanboy stalks evey post I make that tell the truth about the game and sucks up to the mods to have it removed.

If you want a F2P game that is worth trying out, have a go at LOTRO. You can earn points whilst playing which allow you to purchase items and quest packs through the store which if you  do it right, you can truly play the game for free.

Originally posted by Scummyman

I wouldn't waste your time with SWTOR as it really is a poor game that even a F2P hash job couldn't save. Hopefully you read this in time before it gets deleted as a certain SWTOR fanboy stalks evey post I make that tell the truth about the game and sucks up to the mods to have it removed.

If you want a F2P game that is worth trying out, have a go at LOTRO. You can earn points whilst playing which allow you to purchase items and quest packs through the store which if you  do it right, you can truly play the game for free.

Lol, please don't say to try LOTRO, I played it and it's not good either, sorry lol

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    The best way to consume SWTOR is to play storylines for free (or throw in 5$ to get preferred) and quit. SInce you seem to have done that already - no, since nothing has changed.
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Originally posted by Scummyman

Lol, please don't say to try LOTRO, I played it and it's not good either, sorry lol

Only trying to help, but it is still better than SWTOR, thats all.

P.S  Typing 'lol' all the time isn't showing you to be an inteligent person or one of maturity so I would ease up on it a bit in future, as I said, i'm here to help.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Sadly, at this time I just wish it would die so we get slightly closer to yet ANOTHER attempt at someone making the Star Wars MMORPG the fans really need.

At least with the new movies coming up which will undoubtedly make lots of money and with Disney in ownership of the IP, we know money won't really be an issue.

However, Disney's intentions as far as Star Wars video games go are pretty cloudy at the moment....

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    I'm still having a good time playing Rift and would recommend it to friends looking for an MMO with endgame raiding.
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Sure, take a peak since it's F2P. I myself lost interest back in June and haven't looked back, I logged in twice after it went F2P only to see 0 out of ~500 members of my guild online, no familiar faces and no friends online and far fewer servers.

Even if you pay a sub, you still have to pay cartel coins for some of the things that benefit your toons, just as the above poster said, they've gone money hungry.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by DeaconX

At least with the new movies coming up which will undoubtedly make lots of money and with Disney in ownership of the IP, we know money won't really be an issue.

JJ Abrams is making the film(s), it WILL make lots of money.

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I played Swtor from Feb 2012 for a couple months, had one of the biggest guilds on The Fatman server and haven't looked back since our guild, Jedi Mind Tricks just really fell apart. The "Jesus" patch, it was called, really didn't do much for the game or add much that I was looking for. I have a couple of level 50's and I was wondering if it's worth to look back into again with the upcoming release of the Hutt Cartel Expansion. I have been looking for a good mmo with raiding to get into and hold my attention, really haven't found one at the current time. I love and have been a big fan of Everquest for years and eagerly awaiting the EQ Next reveal this summer.

path of exile is good fun def worth checking out :)especially if you liked Diablo

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    I don't know about Rift, really haven't played it, but I heard good and bad about it. I just want something to get into into this summer. When there are a few games I will really be playing. What about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn also?

Rift is quite good actually. There is alot to do...and you can try it for free until lvl 20 which will give you a good idea of what to expect.