Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

No PVE?

13»

Comments

  • BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Granby, QCPosts: 470Member
    Originally posted by drakon3
    Originally posted by Scorchien

     ANd this is the same Mark that said many things for Warhammer and failed to deliver on almost all of it..

    While I have no inside knowledge, I would lay about 95% of the blame at EA's feet.  I know Mark would never say that, but anyone that has ever worked in corporate America knows EXACTLY what caused that.  I mean, look at the SimCity fiasco.

    I also tend to believe the same thing. there are those companies who cares about their customers that brings them the money to live, and there are those that cares about the money making period.

    I think we all know where both parties mentionned stand :P

    image

    Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

    image

  • ScorchienScorchien Hatboro, PAPosts: 1,325Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BowbowDAoC
    Originally posted by drakon3
    Originally posted by Scorchien

     ANd this is the same Mark that said many things for Warhammer and failed to deliver on almost all of it..

    While I have no inside knowledge, I would lay about 95% of the blame at EA's feet.  I know Mark would never say that, but anyone that has ever worked in corporate America knows EXACTLY what caused that.  I mean, look at the SimCity fiasco.

    I also tend to believe the same thing. there are those companies who cares about their customers that brings them the money to live, and there are those that cares about the money making period.

    I think we all know where both parties mentionned stand :P

        Some of the worst crafting mechanics ever ina ny MMO .. but listen to MJ ..  And this is his baby .. according to him

  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,690Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by drakon3
    Originally posted by Scorchien

     ANd this is the same Mark that said many things for Warhammer and failed to deliver on almost all of it..

    While I have no inside knowledge, I would lay about 95% of the blame at EA's feet.  I know Mark would never say that, but anyone that has ever worked in corporate America knows EXACTLY what caused that.  I mean, look at the SimCity fiasco.

    I agree EA definitely takes the blame for what happened with WAR. The launch itself was rushed and bad as is, but then the complete gutting of Mythic and any of their devs worth anything shortly after just killed off any hope for WAR to ever reach its potential. I still play WAR pretty regularly because the PvP is still quite fun and very easy to find lots of action with the endless trials and people always being in Nordland 24/7, but it could have been so much more.

  • snapfusionsnapfusion San, CAPosts: 954Member
    Originally posted by Goldmank
    Kind of bummed about that. Aside from having the best PVP system second-to-none, it was the expansive PVE content that  made the DAOC experience so phenomenal. 

    They cant do it on the budget they have and the time frame they are trying to work with.     Thats my guess why, Im sure they wish they had the time and the money to build a complete game.

  • SpeelySpeely Seattle, WAPosts: 861Member
    @snapfusion

    Agreed. But....

    The beauty of this model is that even on a smaller budget, they can make a very deep, dynamic rvr system because once the tools are there, players can provide the content. If this approach is done right, the design could be modular and dynamic enough to facilitate tons of player-driven gameplay we have never considered.

    It's like the difference between giving people gardening tools and telling them to go crazy and showing them a garden and saying "go play, kids."
  • TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

    Meh I prefer player content because humans are a crazy and unpredictable and that makes playing us exciting.

  • RealLifeGobboRealLifeGobbo Yorktown, VAPosts: 218Member

    For me, I personally like the fact that their is no PvE aspect of the game, since most of the time, I find myself grinding through the games, just to make the max level.  For me, that's when the fun comes in and have a more level playing field.

     

    However, one thing I do like about PvE games, is being able to explore them.  I wasn't a fan of WoW, but it did have some beautiful zones.  In games like Skyrim, I try and refuse to use "quick-travel" options and scour the land.

     

    I'm sure there will be plenty of beautiful zones in CU as well, but you'll constanly have to watch your back!

    Aspiring Game Musician <<>> Inquiring ears, feel free to visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/vagarylabs

  • ArbroathArbroath Depew, NYPosts: 175Member
    Originally posted by RealLifeGobbo

    For me, I personally like the fact that their is no PvE aspect of the game, since most of the time, I find myself grinding through the games, just to make the max level.  For me, that's when the fun comes in and have a more level playing field.

     

    However, one thing I do like about PvE games, is being able to explore them.  I wasn't a fan of WoW, but it did have some beautiful zones.  In games like Skyrim, I try and refuse to use "quick-travel" options and scour the land.

     

    I'm sure there will be plenty of beautiful zones in CU as well, but you'll constanly have to watch your back!

    Indeed. It's been said there will be very little fast travel which will lend well to exploration :)

    It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

  • sweetdigssweetdigs Washington, DCPosts: 196Member
    Originally posted by ringdany

    yes pls Zero PvE or less the better.

    need to keep pansy players out. the more pve or crafting you have, the more players u get who complain about pansy things like dying in PvP or saying "oh the gfx isn't pretty enough".

    let's get to the PKing fast.

    Hey, keep us crafters out of your disparagement!   Plenty of crafters here from Eve who are used to always being at risk of being ganked.

  • ringdanyringdany New York, NYPosts: 122Member
    Originally posted by sweetdigs
    Originally posted by ringdany

    yes pls Zero PvE or less the better.

    need to keep pansy players out. the more pve or crafting you have, the more players u get who complain about pansy things like dying in PvP or saying "oh the gfx isn't pretty enough".

    let's get to the PKing fast.

    Hey, keep us crafters out of your disparagement!   Plenty of crafters here from Eve who are used to always being at risk of being ganked.

    ah. heh sorry just being reactionary >< EvE is a credible game. maybe Cam Unch can be moddeled to have those epic qualities? (EvE in't my style of game but a lot of people like it so.. yea).

  • grogstormgrogstorm Peyton, COPosts: 304Member Uncommon
    To me PVE is best used to get some skill pints on a new weapon before I go out to PVP.  Having said that, if the game makes it easier to level / gain skill in PVE than PVP, I tend to take the path of least resistance.  So in this case I would use PVE to level 75% of the time but then get my PVP fix with the remaining time.  But these games tend to hold my interest for a far shorter time that one that is mainly PVP.  And RVR is my favorite type of PVP.

    Grog

  • ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member
    Originally posted by sweetdigs
    Originally posted by ringdany

    yes pls Zero PvE or less the better.

    need to keep pansy players out. the more pve or crafting you have, the more players u get who complain about pansy things like dying in PvP or saying "oh the gfx isn't pretty enough".

    let's get to the PKing fast.

    Hey, keep us crafters out of your disparagement!   Plenty of crafters here from Eve who are used to always being at risk of being ganked.

    In early DAoC this was a feature of the game, although the risk was never there not being a full loot pvp system, but there was a high risk of being ganked.

    To get the top crafting materials you had to go out into the frontier to the crafting keeps which was the only place you could find the top tier materials on the top tier merchants.

    Fun for a while, but ultimately it was removed.

     

    Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

13»
Sign In or Register to comment.