Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Beta Event End of Month

MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

Elder Scrolls Online ‏@TESOnline 38m

@LunchBox_Gaming We're sending out the first set of #ESO beta invites this week & our first closed beta event is at the end of this month!

Source: https://twitter.com/TESOnline/with_replies

Comments

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I'm sure I won't get picked, but still good news.
  • Nuck_ChorrisNuck_Chorris Member Posts: 5
    Hopefully we'll finally get some proper in-game gameplay footage demonstrating combat and such, rather than scenic fly-overs pumped up beyond recognition with post-processing.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

End of the month sounds so far away...it's this freaking coming weekend!

It's time to start spamming F5 in the email client.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Funny @ pax this weekend they said they were no where close to beta invites =-) I think ZM likes sending out mixed signals. Keep us wondering. Remember any beta invites going out will be anounced on the official ESO web page to keep email hoaxing down. 
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Funny @ pax this weekend they said they were no where close to beta invites =-) I think ZM likes sending out mixed signals. Keep us wondering. Remember any beta invites going out will be anounced on the official ESO web page to keep email hoaxing down. 

I thought it might have been a typo at first and that they meant the end of next month. But there are several tweets from today to different people that basically confirm the first beta event will be the end of this month.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Sweet!  Good luck to everyone, I hope you (and I) get in.  :D
  • MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70
    End of month ESO beta invites and the start of GoT season 3, life is good my friends.   image
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i have done quite a few beta tests in my time and i almost always regret doing it.

gonna resist the urge to play this game until its released.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    That's kind of strange. Like others have noted the devs siad one thing and now tweet another.... O.o  They are already missing guild quests and other earlier noted features. Is some one pushing this monster of a game out the door? IDK. Like everyone else I hope to get lucky though.
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by baphamet

i have done quite a few beta tests in my time and i almost always regret doing it.

gonna resist the urge to play this game until its released.

Know the feeling.... Thinking back on it, beta testing seems to have diminished my enjoyment of many MMOs as well. 

On the other hand, I like the idea of having helped a game I like in any little way I can. 

Oh, well... I guess I'll see about it if and when an invitation ends up in my inbox. :)

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Let the craziness begin!!

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    That's kind of strange. Like others have noted the devs siad one thing and now tweet another.... O.o  They are already missing guild quests and other earlier noted features. Is some one pushing this monster of a game out the door? IDK. Like everyone else I hope to get lucky though.

This seems to be a recurrent theme from the ZM mouth pieces. They need to get their shit together and start talking to each other before they talk to us, otherwise this is going to be a miserable ramp up to release.

Give us consistent info, guys.