Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG: Forum Refuge for the Poor :D

BleakmageBleakmage Member UncommonPosts: 186

I was a subscriber of SWTOR from Jan 19 2012 to March 16 2013 (close enough), and I liked to post in the forums ever once in a while. Not hardcore by any stretch, but I just discovered the hard way that you can't even post in the forums if you are a FtP or even a 'Preferred' customer. Not 'preferred' enough for your opinions to matter, no not at all.

Not really angry about it, but it was mildly disappointing. But then. . .

I remembered good ole MMORPG.com. Glad this site is here :D

Comments

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    dont expect anything useful or constructive from these forums, just a heads up.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    So it means 15 bucks a month for MMO make me rich? and my opinions more valued by none other than EA? wow who knew that. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• BleakmageBleakmage Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Originally posted by Fuggly
    dont expect anything useful or constructive from these forums, just a heads up.

There are useful and constructive forums somewhere? ;)~

Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    So it means 15 bucks a month for MMO make me rich? and my opinions more valued by none other than EA? wow who knew that. 

lol, I think :D

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

yup,,not many have that privilege anymore

and yes ,,,you are rich,,not so much because of the 15$

but you have a computer, internet, and spare time to spend on games

a poor person doesnt have any of those,,or have you seen many posts from somalia?,,or sudan?

playing games is  a luxury,,and bitching about them even more so

our ancestors would have flogged us , until we had plowed 3 fields with our hands

Originally posted by simplius

a poor person doesnt have any of those,,or have you seen many posts from somalia?,,or sudan?

our ancestors would have flogged us , until we had plowed 3 fields with our hands

I'd be more than happy to plow a field with my hands if it brought in a paycheck; you can keep the flogging :D

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Maybe we have different criterias regarding being rich and poor. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Look, a Jawa! ~Kills serious nature the thread is taking with mention of that Jawa you now have to go find because you cannot see him~ :D

Maybe we have different criterias regarding being rich and poor. 

i guess we do

if you ever get poor, you will know the difference

a standard western citizen is RICH,,but not bill gates FILTHY RICH

and a lot of americans will soon discover , how it is to be POOR

it is simply a matter of perspective

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Oh brother. Having  a television, computer and internet does not make someone rich. You can't compare the poor of america to the poor of a third world country. That's a false equivelency. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Originally posted by ktanner3
    Oh brother. Having  a television, computer and internet does not make someone rich. You can't compare the poor of america to the poor of a third world country. That's a false equivelency. 

okay,,go to a hobo, and count how many TVs and computers they have

and you just proved my point,,the poor in america, would be considered standard in third world

im still saying this,,,if you have time and money to spend on games, you are RICH

doesnt mean you can buy a plane or a yacht  in cash, but  comparing to most of the world,

you really have a luxury ride

lets hope you never find out , how lucky you really are

see a documentary about, how they make your dinner salt,,or how they grow your coffee

if you still dont feel rich after that..

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Holy thread highjacking Batman!
    Bleakmage
  • Freakboy546Freakboy546 Member Posts: 40
    MMORPG Peace Core thread...... For the poor....
    Originally posted by leojreimroc
    Holy thread highjacking Batman!

where?  what did he say? what did he look like?was robin with him?did he give you a ride in the batmobile?

i wish i hadnt missed him,, i always wanted to see him in real life

if he comes back, could you please send me a signal?

just write something positive about swtor, that always makes me twitch

i hope i dont miss him the next time

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

and you just proved my point,,the poor in america, would be considered standard in third world

im still saying this,,,if you have time and money to spend on games, you are RICH

doesnt mean you can buy a plane or a yacht  in cash, but  comparing to most of the world,

see a documentary about, how they make your dinner salt,,or how they grow your coffee

a hobo isn't someone who is poor first off.

2nd off, what the person said is right, dont compare poor/rich of a first world country to a third world country. america's standards are pretty much as such. Lower class(poor people) make less than 20 thousand dollars a year. MIddle class make around 50 thousand dollars a year. Anything over 100 thousand dollars a year and you're upper class(aka rich, or close enough to it)

what you're trying to pass off as poor is not someone who's making less than 20 thousand dollars a year. It's someone who's homeless, doesn't have a job, can barely feed themselves if at all, probably bone thin. You can have a home(apartment) internet, tv, phone and food AND still have money left over for mmorpgs for less than 20 thousand a year.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Sephiroso

a hobo isn't someone who is poor first off.

2nd off, what the person said is right, dont compare poor/rich of a first world country to a third world country. america's standards are pretty much as such. Lower class(poor people) make less than 20 thousand dollars a year. MIddle class make around 50 thousand dollars a year. Anything over 100 thousand dollars a year and you're upper class(aka rich, or close enough to it)

what you're trying to pass off as poor is not someone who's making less than 20 thousand dollars a year. It's someone who's homeless, doesn't have a job, can barely feed themselves if at all, probably bone thin. You can have a home(apartment) internet, tv, phone and food AND still have money left over for mmorpgs for less than 20 thousand a year.

and that another validation of my point,,rich and poor is relative,,and even coupled to a persons FEELINGS

you can find people, who own practically nothing, and they are still okay

and rich people, who has it all, but still wants more

now go to a starving child , and tell him " hey, i feel for you man,,im poor too"

i dont think he will agree

This discussion has been closed.