Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO release date predictions

MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
11/12/13 ....that's my guess.

Comments

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    I think I will wait for the announcement.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by BruceYee

^^this^^....if it come out in 2013 it wont even be near completion and imho will have too many bugs to survive the launch raging that will follow.

But thats just mho.

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333
    FAQ still says 2013. But someone interviewed the lead Sage guy at PAX and he said "When it's done". So do we expect a delay or what?
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by oubers
    Originally posted by BruceYee

^^this^^....if it come out in 2013 it wont even be near completion and imho will have too many bugs to survive the launch raging that will follow.

But thats just mho.

imho mho emho nfo.... geez these todays leet language.

it comes when its ready , have we heard that before ? hehe.

was reading some comments on people who played it on pax for example and they said it felt smooth and all.

so i feel you guys who want it to be released 2014 but i think it comes near end of the year.

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Its going to launch next week!

All Will Be Well.....

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Q2 2014 imo
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

November 2013. Everquest Next is gonna get too much hype if Elder Scrolls isnt there to counter it. Elder Scrolls will be the only MMO coming out (Sorry, I dont include Neverwinter/etc as big competition) that will challenge Everquest Next at initial sales. Most MMO players would try Everquest Next definitely, but if Elder Scrolls is out people will have to pick. And who knows, what if EQN is such a good game not as many people are that interested in ESO in 2014?

Launching Q4 2013 is best for them sales wise. The game looks like it's progressing fine, so we'll see if its the best decision for the game too.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Its one of two things IMO. Launch in Nov and no sooner. Launching in Dec could give good sales but so many people are busy you dont get as many logged in to play. If its not released in Nov we wont see the game launch till Jan-March 2014.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Q4 2014

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Mdpats
    11/12/13 ....that's my guess.

this is actually a pretty decent guess IMO

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by hMJem
    November 2013. Everquest Next is gonna get too much hype if Elder Scrolls isnt there to counter it. Elder Scrolls will be the only MMO coming out (Sorry, I dont include Neverwinter/etc as big competition) that will challenge Everquest Next at initial sales. Most MMO players would try Everquest Next definitely, but if Elder Scrolls is out people will have to pick. And who knows, what if EQN is such a good game not as many people are that interested in ESO in 2014? Launching Q4 2013 is best for them sales wise. The game looks like it's progressing fine, so we'll see if its the best decision for the game too.

IMO TESO will be released and out for a year before EQnext is even close to launching (unless its pushed back a year like some are thinking? i don't agree).

not only that but i don't see EQnext as a direct competitor to TESO.

it remains to be seen exactly what kind of game it will be but i kind of doubt it will be a game that appeals to the masses like TESO will.

sure many people here and old skool EQ players will likely flock to it but i think it will still attract a niche audience for the most part, unlike TESO.

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by baphamet

November 2013. Everquest Next is gonna get too much hype if Elder Scrolls isnt there to counter it. Elder Scrolls will be the only MMO coming out (Sorry, I dont include Neverwinter/etc as big competition) that will challenge Everquest Next at initial sales. Most MMO players would try Everquest Next definitely, but if Elder Scrolls is out people will have to pick. And who knows, what if EQN is such a good game not as many people are that interested in ESO in 2014?

Launching Q4 2013 is best for them sales wise. The game looks like it's progressing fine, so we'll see if its the best decision for the game too.

IMO TESO will be released and out for a year before EQnext is even close to launching (unless its pushed back a year like some are thinking? i don't agree).

it remains to be seen exactly what kind of game it will be but i kind of doubt it will be a game that appeals to the masses like TESO will.

sure many people here and old skool EQ players will likely flock to it but i think it will still attract a niche audience for the most part, unlike TESO.

SOE does one thing well, and that is advertising and creating hype for thier games.  ESO has a fantastic window in 4th quarter to be the only AAA coming out in the holidays.  The next few months will shed light on it being ready or not.  I am assuming this week beta invites will be trickling out. 

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Call me an optimist, but I honestly believe they'll release it tomorrow. If not, maybe day after.
  • Nuck_ChorrisNuck_Chorris Member Posts: 5
    If I'm being hopeful, the earliest realistic date I can see them managing to lauch it is November 2013. When do I think it will actually be launched? March 2014.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Q3 2013... I'll guess August 16th.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

Any other year I would have said Q4 for a large MMO release.

However realeasing in Q4 this year would put it against the new consoles and their games.  Most consumers can't have everything and the PS4 / Xbox will be on most people's wish list.

I would say Q3 (more likely in my opinion) or Q1 2014.  Especially since most companies nowadays, despite words to the contrary, use public betas more as advertising than anything else (I have no doubt polishing and refining will go on).

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    When it's done
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    December 2013...

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Tibbz
    Originally posted by baphamet

SOE does one thing well, and that is advertising and creating hype for thier games.  ESO has a fantastic window in 4th quarter to be the only AAA coming out in the holidays.  The next few months will shed light on it being ready or not.  I am assuming this week beta invites will be trickling out. 

I still think because they are both going to be two big MMOs, that in turn creates competition. "Are you playing ESO or Everquest Next? Or both?" Maybe for Elder Scrolls fans who dont usually play MMOs its not competition, but I know for me I want to play both.

And both games are (supposed) to come out this year. EQN is being revealed at their big event August 1st, and apparently we'll get our hands on a version of the game "and im not talking about beta" according to Smed.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Beta invites will be announced tomorrow. I give it 4 months of beta. First week of August will be the Headstart, with official release on 8/13/13.
    Originally posted by rygard49
    Beta invites will be announced tomorrow. I give it 4 months of beta. First week of August will be the Headstart, with official release on 8/13/13.

I feel bad for people who work weekends and cant switch shifts or something. Gonna miss out on the beta unless they get their schedule changed. Since beta will only be live on weekends

• pwningdanepwningdane Member Posts: 1

im not sure, but i wouldnt be surprised to see it out soon, as its not like cod that always released at november every year, and the game would run much smoother on the next gen consoles as they have more time to test things out on there...

-Samuel

• RollermintRollermint Member UncommonPosts: 47

They've been working on it for years and the game already looked pretty decent.

Probably the latter part of this year or if its gonna be pushed back, maybe Q1 2014, to avoid the December competition.