Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: New Battleground, Arenas, Scenarios Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The v5.3 Mists of Pandaria patch has arrived on the World of Warcraft public test realm. Most notable in the patch is the inclusion of a new battleground, several new arenas and scenarios as well.

• New Battleground: Deepwind Gorge

• In the new Battleground situated in the Valley of the Four Winds, the Alliance and Horde continue their war for Pandaria’s precious resources. While the two factions battle for control over mines, they must also protect their own resources from being stolen and turned against them!

• New Arena: Shado-Pan

• Gladiator hopefuls have a new location to test their mettle amidst the Kun-Lai mountain tops, in the training grounds of the powerful Shado-Pan. Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantage that will bring victory and glory!

Read the full test realm patch notes on the World of Warcraft community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Nope not even the great savoir of the mmo rpg genre is going to cut it now. Played 5.2 for about aweek im bored already.
  • floreairfootfloreairfoot Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    Nope not even the great savoir of the mmo rpg genre is going to cut it now. Played 5.2 for about aweek im bored already.

Yea... we've been hearing this for years, but I'm sure it's true this time.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

i just cap my main with conquest and valor each week, and play some bg´s / arena with my friends, thats enjoyable, but i can easily understand if hardcore players, or players wiht alot of time get bored in this game, the cap is a limitation for sure.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Did someone put a rocket up blizzards ass, they seem to be pumping these content patches out quicker than they ever have. 3 content patches (5.2 being a true content patch) in 6 months... wish I still play now.
  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by floreairfoot

Yea... we've been hearing this for years, but I'm sure it's true this time.

Considering WoW sub numbers are in decline, by Blizzard's own admission, I think it's time you did start believing it. No one is saying WoW is going to die. Most are suggesting it's had its day however.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Blizzard is pulling a Trion after the big excodus in the West due lackluster contentupdates before MoP. Now they add the same volume, if not even less content, into smaller but more frequent patches with mostlyjust recycled and cheap gamefeatures like "another bunch of epic repeatable kill then rats quests to grind" or "another 10 feet small room" for mindless arena chickenfights or "repeating the same instance for another 3 months with more geargrind required for even better gear to grind! harccore!".  In the end lately there has been hardly any valueable content except for some raiddungeon been added. The usual arbitrary meddling with classbalance not considered as "content". But as we can see from other comments some people do eat it up. Worked for Trion, worked for Blizzard.

This is what you call marketing. Its not always just about ad banner and Mr.T's.

How many internetz points did you win with that post? Here have a +2 points cookie

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by expresso
    Did someone put a rocket up blizzards ass, they seem to be pumping these content patches out quicker than they ever have. 3 content patches (5.2 being a true content patch) in 6 months... wish I still play now.

With ArenaNet consistently putting out new content patches every month they're trying to keep up. They just need to make sure they're not pumping out crap for the sake of speed. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Not enough for me. I am waiting for the next expansion to play WoW again.
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    I think I'm done with WOW, but if they ever put the Talent system back in place and released something like "WOW: Battlegrounds Edition"; I'd re-sub.
  • MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    I am impressed at the speed as well. I would play WoW but the combat has become too dated for me and Blizzard has said in a recent interview here that they have no plans to update it. If you enjoy its combat, WoW looks likea good place to be right now.
  • LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135
    Originally posted by Volkon

With ArenaNet consistently putting out new content patches every month they're trying to keep up. They just need to make sure they're not pumping out crap for the sake of speed. 

Honestly nothing about ANet's patches really scream content to me. Unless you count the snails pace story they're doing.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Gotta get this stuff out before Wildstar hits and cuts thier following in half.
  • HrvatinaHrvatina Member Posts: 13

To all the people who play WoW but "get bored after a week", I have an idea. Go to a RP realm and roleplay. Seriously.

Just hop on a RP (or RP-PVP) server and find a RP guild or some freelancers. That's the essence of gaming (especially in a mmoRPg), having fun. And roleplaying is a LOT more fun than grinding some valor points or whatever. You're involved in your character, you're using your creative, imaginative side. I'm serious, if you haven't, give it a try!

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Gotta get this stuff out before Wildstar hits and cuts thier following in half.

Oh please not this BS again. Do you guys have to really do this everytime a new MMO is about to release? you really think Wildstar will just take half of WOW population like it is a cake?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383
    I'm with Doogie on this... you can't lobotomize those that have already been lobotomized.  Doesn't really matter what Blizzard does... no one cares.
  • triton54xtriton54x Member UncommonPosts: 39

there pumping patches and content more often cuz there  subs are going down. guess pepole are really getting fed up with blizzard like me

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

lol I think it's funny as hell that people try to keep beating on WoW even when it's blatently obvious they are putting out content better than anyone else at the moment.

Quit barking about sub numbers and just admit that Blizz is doing the right thing for their player base. Whether they are doing it to try boost subs or not, it's a positive thing. Any update for ANY MMO is developed to help make said MMO more money/gain more subs. You're just stating the obvious and pretending to yourselves it's summat different from what other games do.

I don't think I've ever seen two content patches come so close together for any MMO. Not to mention 5.2 was MASSIVE. If they keep this up, they deserve to have more subs.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    I wish I didn't have to, because I really thought that someone would have made a better game by now, but I still play WoW off and on. Why? Because there is NO other game that even comes close to having the sheer scope that it does. Not even close.
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Shado Pan = shadow panda lolololololz ;D lololololzzzzzzzzz oh how the mighty have fallen ;D gege blizzard gege

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by Vannor

lol I think it's funny as hell that people try to keep beating on WoW even when it's blatently obvious they are putting out content better than anyone else at the moment.

Quit barking about sub numbers and just admit that Blizz is doing the right thing for their player base. Whether they are doing it to try boost subs or not, it's a positive thing. Any update for ANY MMO is developed to help make said MMO more money/gain more subs. You're just stating the obvious and pretending to yourselves it's summat different from what other games do.

I don't think I've ever seen two content patches come so close together for any MMO. Not to mention 5.2 was MASSIVE. If they keep this up, they deserve to have more subs.

This must be the only mmo you have ever played then. The content blizz puts out in the amount of time they do is a complete joke.  4 months for one patch is kinda sad. They are feeding you mini patches to make you think there is stuff still going on. The truth is the only good thing WoW had going for it was the polish of the game and combat. The content  as always been lackluster and the patches take forever.

There are plenty of other mmos out there that brings more long lasting content at a faster pace than WoW. Get out form underneath your rock and you will see. Rift and FFXI are examples of content that is put out faster and last longer.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Throne of thunder is a fantastic raid, too many QQ'ers on this forum.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Volkon

They don't really need to contend with ANet's update frequency though as they barely contain any new content. Most of GW2's updates just feature new ways to grind old content...

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    this news is kinda meh

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by smokedogg311
    Originally posted by Vannor

This must be the only mmo you have ever played then. The content blizz puts out in the amount of time they do is a complete joke.  4 months for one patch is kinda sad. They are feeding you mini patches to make you think there is stuff still going on. The truth is the only good thing WoW had going for it was the polish of the game and combat. The content  as always been lackluster and the patches take forever.

There are plenty of other mmos out there that brings more long lasting content at a faster pace than WoW. Get out form underneath your rock and you will see. Rift and FFXI are examples of content that is put out faster and last longer.

You sound like you've actualy played 5.2 and know what you are talking about...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    As this is one of 5 Mmo I still play, i'm Looking forward to this, thx much..

Let's see when the next Tera content or mini patch comes out (another 2 months wait I think), as i'm happy with blizz content/mini patches this xpac..

And as the wow team has gotten bigger, i'm looking forward to the burning legion Xpac..