Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] General: Analyzing Blizzard’s Hearthstone

2»

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I tihnk some are missunderstanding the allure of CCG, you cannot make it B2P and have a player have all 300 cards unlocked, the big draw of these games is the random chance, the collecting, the chase, knowledge you are one of just a few that has that rare or ledgendary card.  

Sure someone could sink $100's into the game and pay their way to all the cards but why? what would be the point? The average player will drop a mayby $1-$3 a week on buying card packs and earn the rest by playing, I dont see this a as cash grab as long as one is having fun doing so.

As to this beinf P2W I dont think, the can have the best cards in the world but if you dont have the mana to field them then you lose.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by nomadie
    I can say I saw that a mile away, Everquest did it with Legends of Norrath...was just a matter of time before Blizzard did it.

It somehow became a trend.... you got Legends of Norrath, Might and Magic: Duel of the Champions, hell, even Magic the Gathering went with cloning it very self with that garbage called MtG: Tactics (eventhough this is a Trading Card - TBS hybrid).

Nice news for everyone that plays it. I will stick with my physical MtG cards. Never loved online card games and neither Heartstone will change my mind. :)

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online