Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Turbine Announces Infinite Crisis

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During last weekend's PAX East convention, Turbine announced its entry into the MOBA marketplace with Infinite Crisis. The game is based on the DC Universe and will make its way to the world in the fall of 2013.

Infinite Crisis is a new entrant into the wildly popular MOBA genre that delivers a heart-pounding competitive player vs. player battle experience set in the legendary DC Multiverse - a world in which familiar DC Comics characters have been reimagined in startling ways.  Featuring a wide variety of DC Comics heroes and villains, Infinite Crisis puts players in control of twisted incarnations of their favorite characters throughout the Multiverse such as Nightmare Batman and Gaslight Catwoman, playing in league with well-known characters including Green Lantern and The Flash.

Find out more about the game and sign up for beta testing on the Infinite Crisis page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HrvatinaHrvatina Member Posts: 13
    Another MOBA game... Everyone's making those now. The same thing is happening with "action combat" MMOs.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    WoW talk about a lawsuit waiting to happen. Considering they do not have the DC liscense, and it's not DC, but really is DC. I hope they are ready for the cease and desist.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by psiic
    WoW talk about a lawsuit waiting to happen. Considering they do not have the DC liscense, and it's not DC, but really is DC. I hope they are ready for the cease and desist.

Warner Bros and DC announced it

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/25/ca-warner-bros-game-idUSnPnNE82433+160+PRN20130325

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Wish Turbine would put forth the time, effort, and money to make a new beginning with Asheron's Call. An updated AC1 would have me as a subscriber.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• rammur65rammur65 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    turbine is partnered with wb and wb has the license's for dc just saying.
  • rammur65rammur65 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    and its a moba and there is a fanbase for mobas so quit bitchen dont like it dont follow it. I hate mobas too but bitchen about a genre i dont like makes no sense whatsoever.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

It takes a special kind of blind ignorance to see the DC Logo several times in the trailer and still claim that DC isn't involved in any way.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Originally posted by rammur65
    turbine is partnered with wb and wb has the license's for dc just saying.

You mean WB owns Turbine.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

im not interested in moba, have never been, and the only DC game im very much waiting for is Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Like other poster above said, mobas are starting to swarm the industry.

On a side note, After failures and failures companies found out (the hard way) that copying WoW for its success didnt work. The next victim of mass cloning for success? League of Legends.

We definitelly need some new minds full of fresh ideas in the industry. Hard to find nowadays.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by Nadia

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/25/ca-warner-bros-game-idUSnPnNE82433+160+PRN20130325

Makes zero sense to me as SOE just renewed its liscensing agreement for video games based in the DC universe.

Maybe they can get away with it because its not based IN, but rather ON?

Regardless I still see SOE filing suit, they sue over everything. 

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

This even looks generic. There is already too many MOBA style games comming out, I don't really see the reaosn they bother. It's not going to be relevant most likely, not between LoL  and DoTA2 dominating the scene and allt he smaller, indie productions for more relaxed/casual gameplay. If they went with it 2 years ago..maybe they'd get somewhere, but nowadays they will have hard time to have long term appeal.

The only strong point seems to be DC universe thing being there. That's not enough. 

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Makes zero sense to me as SOE just renewed its liscensing agreement for video games based in the DC universe.

That's not how licensing works. The only way SOE would have any grounds for lawsuit is if they had exclusive license for DC Universe and that is not the case because there are other games set in the universe (Arkham series for example) 

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by Ezhae
    That's not how licensing works. [..]

Exactly. 

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    Now that game looks good as hell!

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Dude. Warner Bros is owner of DC.

And guess who owns Turbine too?

Under what rock have you been hiding these past years?

• TolrocTolroc Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Like JeroKane stated Warner Brothers owns DC and Turbine. SOE has a license to produce a DC MMORPG but Warner Brothers can make other types of video games without violating their agreement with SOE. Warner Brothers bought Turbine after DCUO was well into production. I suspect that had they not already had a contract with SOE, WB would have had Turbine work on a DC MMORPG.