Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Like GW2, Neverwinter Has No Healer?

2»

Comments

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    You need a healer for the dungeons. Thanks for the uneducated smear. Roles are carried over to PVP (Tank, Heals, Control, DPS).
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I was going to guess that potions will either be quite expensive for ingame money, super cheap for real money, or quite rare in game (All of the above, pretty much!)

It just feels like the newbie ones heal for way too much.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    The potion drop rate is pretty high, but as stated earlier, you can't use them in PVP and there is a cool down when using them in combat. I found the timers, drop rates, prices to be proper.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    In later levels, healing becomes more important.  Level 1-20 are kind of like a tutorial/solo game.  After level 20 the difficulty gets ramped up and a good healer is hard to come by.

+1 on my game radar.  Thanks for the post.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Update: Well I finished up Beta Weekend 3 at level 32.  I'm definately still in a "wait and see when it launches" state of mind, but I can say that up to level 32 in Beta Weekend 3:

1) Using potions every few seconds, all of the content in the game is of trivial difficulty.  I finished my beta weekend with 0 deaths - the only way to die is really to stop spamming potions, or do something insane like pull a bunch of groups solo in a 5-man dungeon.  (again, everything in this post applies only up to level 32)

2) Clerics/healers are completely unnecessary.   Did all the content including skirmishes, delves, dungeons, etc. just fine without one and never even thought "sure wish there was a healer in the party."    The few times I tested playing with one, their healing was almost negligible compared to my potions.

I am *VERY* glad you can't use potions in PvP, that is a huge plus and I hope they keep it that way.  And its still possible that potions stop dominating the game at perhaps level 40+ or end game content and maybe Clerics become useful then.   But they certainly aren't in the early 1-30+ game, when their "heals" are restoring a few % of my HP bar sometimes VS a 100% instant potion heal on demand with no real cooldown.