Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those saying the graphics are bad

DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

I like people to name games in the industry that they think the graphics are awesome and please say why, don't say they are just good... MMO's..... only....

For those saying the graphics are bad in this game name why, don't say they just suck...

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I think graphics are good at max settings imho .. some character models could use some work though especially the females

trying to take screenshots but for some reason can't in this game.. anyone else having this issue?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555

Shadows and textures are low quality. Lighting is handled poorly (both shading and shadows). Actual responsiveness of the toons, ie metal armor bends like cloth is extremely poor.

Though mostly what people are arguing is aesthetic, not actually graphics, which is entirely subjective.

• triton54xtriton54x Member UncommonPosts: 39

i think the graphics are avove average but in certain spots the prahics do look dull but. alot of people dont use the term graphics  in the right sentence.just b/c it looks carttony doesnt make it have bad graphics. i would have to agree the lighting is handled poorly

Originally posted by Livnthedream

Shadows and textures are low quality. Lighting is handled poorly (both shading and shadows). Actual responsiveness of the toons, ie metal armor bends like cloth is extremely poor.

Though mostly what people are arguing is aesthetic, not actually graphics, which is entirely subjective.

shadows do need some work they also act strange on trees, lighting overall isn't bad dungeon lighting works well in my eyes. But overall for a f2p game i can't think of a better looking game overall(games that were made to be f2p not converted ones). 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Can I post a screenshot for this game yet? I have a great one that I would love to share.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

I like people to name games in the industry that they think the graphics are awesome and please say why, don't say they are just good... MMO's..... only....

For those saying the graphics are bad in this game name why, don't say they just suck...

Aren't you the person that said tab targetting takes "no skill"?  lol

Either way, you're right about this.  Games like the upcoming Black Desert Online make most current MMO's look like MSPaint, but that's really not the point.  A game can still be a lot of fun regardless of what it looks like.  Besides, I don't think the GRAPHICS are bad, just the player character models.  Honestly, most of the game looks pretty good.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Reminds me of how, even though TERA's graphics are very detailed, boobs will still bounce even in plate mail like it's cloth lol

• Bigmac1910Bigmac1910 Member Posts: 19
    I maxed out the graphics and it looks dated anyway, like they are using an old gaming engine. It's not bad, just very average compared to todays games.
    Originally posted by Ubel12
    Can I post a screenshot for this game yet? I have a great one that I would love to share.

of course you can no NDA for beta test

Originally posted by Aerowyn

shadows do need some work they also act strange on trees, lighting overall isn't bad dungeon lighting works well in my eyes. But overall for a f2p game i can't think of a better looking game overall(games that were made to be f2p not converted ones). 

Look at the shader effects of how the flashy effects react on the environment around it. Its not even a huge resource hog. That sort of lighting should be a mainstay of any new title.

Originally posted by Eir_S

Reminds me of how, even though TERA's graphics are very detailed, boobs will still bounce even in plate mail like it's cloth lol

Yep, its one of my biggest pet peeves. You can see it in the latest trailers from ESO too, which is absurd.

Originally posted by Bigmac1910
    I maxed out the graphics and it looks dated anyway, like they are using an old gaming engine. It's not bad, just very average compared to todays games.

to me only currently released MMOs in US that look better are GW2, Tera and TSW.. oh and AoC when talking overall aesthetics, there are many others i could list that have better character models though.. generally games designed to be f2p from the get go are lower budget projects and considering that game looks pretty damn good.

• Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153

Now if I can only figure out how to link it, so that it will display in it's original resolution...

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Age of Conan, best and most capable graphics engine and FX, DirectX 10. also Secret World same engine but DX11 with tesselation and TXAA, it is called Dreamworld engine and has lots of amazing lighting and physX effects:

http://youtu.be/00dHRBaX-f0

http://youtu.be/6hSQW5eHIBU

http://youtu.be/gF3AqaCQUVA

there is only one MMO coming up I know which will look similiar and that is called "Black Desert", also I think EQ Next will also look spectacular with Forgelight Engine (currently used in Planetside 2)

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by FromHell

Age of Conan, best and most capable graphics engine and FX, DirectX 10. also Secret World same engine but DX11 with tesselation and TXAA, it is called Dreamworld engine and has lots of amazing lighting and physX effects:

http://youtu.be/00dHRBaX-f0

http://youtu.be/6hSQW5eHIBU

http://youtu.be/gF3AqaCQUVA

there is only one MMO coming up I know which will look similiar and that is called "Black Desert", also I think EQ Next will also look spectacular with Forgelight Engine (currently used in Planetside 2)

Dreamworld does not have physx effects, it has physx collision calculation server side. Vast difference. It also runs very poorly on high end systems.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

FFXIV

the benchmark (that u can download and see it yourself is proof enough)

Gw2 isnt the best graphics ever ,but wayyyyyy better than neverwinter

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I can't stress this enough, or say it enough.  Having lower graphics is good for MMOs, in every single way except from a graphical standpoint!

Cost - MMOs are expensive to make, and there are alot better ways to spend their money on something that won't be outdated in 6 months to a year.

Accessibility - This is a major one.  You want to know one of the major reason why WoW has 9 million players, and had upto 13 million at it's peak?  Accessibility.  Make the game able to run on just about any machine that's relatively new.  If you make a game that will only play well on a $2000 gaming rig, you failed at the very start before you even launched.  If you make a game that can run on a billion computers as compared to a million, you have a far better chance of success.

Content - It's easier to make content with lower resolution textures and less polygons.  You can have less people working on it and get it out faster.

Gameplay - This ties in somewhat with the previous two.  I'm not sure if you've ever done it, but try playing Skyrim, Age of Conan, Crysis 3, Guild Wars 2, The Secret World on an old computer, it just doesn't play well.  Everything is clunky or non-usable even on the lowest possible settings.

With the way the economy is going, more people have less and less money to spend on updating thier computer(s).  I used to buy one every year, and pass last year's model down to my family.  Now I'm saving that money instead and only buying one every other year.  I'm sure there are others that are far worse off than me, but just using that as an example.  I can play WoW on a 10 year old Dell that I don't even have hooked up, it's in my closet, and it runs fine.  If you take the number of computers sold in the last 10 years, that's how big the potential player-base is for WoW, so even if they capture 0.0000001% of that market, they'll have plenty of people playing.  Where as a game that requires a $2000 gaming rig in the last year, you have to get pretty much every bit of that market.

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Well the bushes are all pixelated even on max. the trees look shitty, its got a lot of bloom to try to make it look nice.
  • ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Eir_S

As they should............always...........in all types of clothing and armor.

Originally posted by Konner920
    Well the bushes are all pixelated even on max. the trees look shitty, its got a lot of bloom to try to make it look nice.

trees/bushes in most MMOs look like crap.. even GW2 trees/bushes are garbage.. 

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142
    I gotta wonder how far some of these people even played and if they even adjusted their settings at all. I made only a few minor adjustments to settings and everything looked pretty good for most part. Character models and armor definitely needs some work but the actual GRAPHICS are really good for a game designed to be f2p from the start. Also Icespire Peak, Pirates Skyhold, The Chasm, Vellosk all looked pretty amazing if you ask me, not to mention their associated group dungeons.

Yeah well Jimmy smokes crack too so it makes it perfectly ok! Though I agree that GW2 looks really terrible.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Everyone I know that talks crap on the graphics is playing WoW or SWTOR. LAWLZ.

Yeah well Jimmy smokes crack too so it makes it perfectly ok! Though I agree that GW2 looks really terrible.

even many single player games trees/bushes look horrible as high res trees are huge resource hogs so it makes little sense to use them in a MMO

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

imageimageimage

Good trees. :D

I do agree though, very few MMOs have nice looking trees... black deserts are shaping up to be pretty nice though.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

imageimageimage

Good trees. :D

Until you get close and notice the 256 textures.