Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Press Demo - Pax East - 46 Minutes

IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Stumbled across this a few minutes back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtl_tBRPWDU

4:30 Gameplay starts - Low-gravity zone, change jumping mechanic.

16:40 Player Housing Video.

19:30 Next month or so Closed Beta.

20:00 Housing Gameplay.

22:14 Put your killed rare monster heads on wall :)

23:00 Micro-Transactions (Housing) at some point, but want majority to be from earning in game.

24:05 Pet system plans, animal pens, raising pets for mats.

24:46 Re-scale anything.

29:45 Housing access to others talked about.

34:30 Paths talked about. Crossing Paths to combine gameplay.

37:50 Customization of everything (characters included) for better experience.

40:00 Warplots utilize same techniques as housing.

44:55 Can craft player housing items.

Updated notes after watching it completely through.

Comments

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Awesome video. I've never seen so many options in a housing system. They're putting a lot of emphasis on making it a social feature too; it sounds like you'll get a lot of special 5-man content there that you'll need to invite your friends over for. Exciting stuff!
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Alberel
    Awesome video. I've never seen so many options in a housing system. They're putting a lot of emphasis on making it a social feature too; it sounds like you'll get a lot of special 5-man content there that you'll need to invite your friends over for. Exciting stuff!
    i cant wait to watch this. that would be awesome though especially if they can expand that to be a lot of other social things, with hopefully more than 5 people! mini (funnish) raid bosses? imagine zergable bosses that just have silly fun mechanics .. a system where you dont have to worry about armor depretiation for example and can just good around .. there wouldn't be a huge reward system, but if they were rare and hard to spawn, you could draw people? so many possibilites!!

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by azmundai

Originally posted by Alberel
    i cant wait to watch this. that would be awesome though especially if they can expand that to be a lot of other social things, with hopefully more than 5 people! mini (funnish) raid bosses? imagine zergable bosses that just have silly fun mechanics .. a system where you dont have to worry about armor depretiation for example and can just good around .. there wouldn't be a huge reward system, but if they were rare and hard to spawn, you could draw people? so many possibilites!!

So many possibilities. I like how Protostar just grabs a heap of the planet and sells it to players with all the monsters and stuff to go! Pet cemetary bosses, caves with mobs and bosses heh just in the housing feature.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Looking pretty awesome... no one asked if you could fly the helicopter :( I'm guessing it's just a fast travel thing, but definitely going to have one (or a star ship) in my backyard.
  • GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Against my better judgement after watching this video I am almost, sort of, excited about this game. Maybe it's because of the sci-fi with a sense of humor. I'm not sure but it just looks like it's fun. I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on this one.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by GreenHell
    Against my better judgement after watching this video I am almost, sort of, excited about this game. Maybe it's because of the sci-fi with a sense of humor. I'm not sure but it just looks like it's fun. I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on this one.

Same here.

I know a lot of avid PvPers hate the idea of 'factions', rather than full on PvP, but I find that factions do provide a lot more 'incentive' to fight. Faction pride is a pretty strong emotion. I hope they allow faction PKing with penalty. Also, OWPvP doesn't necessarily NEED objectives, like bases or towers to capture, as long as they made the act of KILLING the opposing faction WORTH IT. Make it worth it to go out into OW and reward solo players with plenty of PvP XP and if grouped, less.

Wildstar looks cool but I just hope it isn't killed by World of Warcraft itemization stupidity and making BG/Arena grinding the only viable way to get 'PvP XP.'

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    Nice find, so it will have a cash shop, wonder if this confirms it won't be p2p?
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Awesome stuff.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Here's the video (thanks MikeB for allowing embedding!)

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• AazeniusAazenius Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by GreenHell

That is pretty much the exact reaction I had. I wasn't even going to give this game a chance, but after seeing the multitude of videos... and it being sci-fi (with some fantasy elements) with a sense of humor... plus all the other stuff I want in an MMO, I believe I found the game I will be playing next.