Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good Trinity Games left?

dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

Being more old school style I prefer the trinity style of MMO. Aside from WoW are there any others out there worth giving a go?

I don't mind buying or paying a sub. As long as I can find an active game where I can heal.

Thanks

Comments

• BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314

Do you know what your looking for beside trinity combat? I can't personally give you any answers since I hate the gameplay, but there are dozens of WoW clones... I'm sure people have played them, but without some insight as to what else your looking for, they can only tell you which ones suck and should be avoided.

I heard Aion was a successful Trinity game, and Runes of Magic is apparently the biggest F2P WoW clone.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by dzones

Being more old school style I prefer the trinity style of MMO. Aside from WoW are there any others out there worth giving a go?

I don't mind buying or paying a sub. As long as I can find an active game where I can heal.

Thanks

Rift, Swtor (playing through the class stories is pretty fun), Tera (action based combat, but still follow the trinity guidelines), Neverwinter online, The Secret World, and I am sure you can a lot more.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

TSW, Tera, Rift, Swtor.. take your pick they all use holy trinity for the most part and all offer classes where you can play a healer.

And still many older ones that are fun for many like lotro, vanguard, age of conan, eq2

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Thanks

Vanguard has a great F2P model to try out then sub if you like .. Also the Healing classes are exceptionally done and fun

• dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

I guess I am looking for the WoW style of gaming with a tank, healer etc. Just another polished title that is not wow. I do not mind a similar game at all. 

Crafting is something I would like to have in the game too. Housing I could care less but if it is there than ok.

Is Rift like that? EQ2 still a viable option or has that gotten so dated now that starting is pretty hard?

Hope that answers the question and thanks for taking the time

GREAT! Thanks for all the replies. I will sort through the options then.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I guess I am looking for the WoW style of gaming with a tank, healer etc. Just another polished title that is not wow. I do not mind a similar game at all. 

Crafting is something I would like to have in the game too. Housing I could care less but if it is there than ok.

Is Rift like that? EQ2 still a viable option or has that gotten so dated now that starting is pretty hard?

Rift with its recent expansion would be my choice if you were looking for something pretty similar to wow...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Rift with its recent expansion would be my choice if you were looking for something pretty similar to wow...

Awesome thanks!

I will do just that. 

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Rift is by far the best one imho
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

While I overall enjoyed SWTOR, recommending it for trinity gameplay seems wrong unless they've fixed their dungeons and LFD tool to be less terrible.  At launch it took forever to find a group, didn't teleport you in (resulting in tedious time-wasting,) and dungeon conversations were a terrible design choice, ruining flow.

Again, I enjoyed my time with SWTOR but unless things changed, it's got pretty weak grouping.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver