Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkpony?

Whatever happened to Darkpony?   He (or she) was always a very active and usually entertaining poster who (from what I recall) actually started writing articles or blogs for MMORPG.com.  

Seems like shortly after that he completely disappeared.  

I've also noticed a lot of other regulars seem to have stopped posting but Darkpony stands out to me because he actually appeared to start working for this website at some level. 

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

hmmm, his septamber post reads:

I am on a mission from god. He instructed me to spend my free time making a kick-ass armor mod for Skyrim rather than waste my time telling people "I told you so" on the mmorpg.com GW2 section. ^_^

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305
    I don't have much time to write this. They're on to me. Bill Murphy is part of the illuminati. When Darkpony got wind of the schemes him and the "mmorpg.com" staff were hatching for world domination, he was sent "with a message from God". DO NOT BE FOOLED! Darkpony was ERASED from the face of this planet! Warn your friends! Warn EVERYONE! The truth MUST BE TO--
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I am on a mission from god. He instructed me to spend my free time making a kick-ass armor mod for Skyrim rather than waste my time telling people "I told you so" on the mmorpg.com GW2 section. ^_^

ROFLMAO !   That's great.

Seemed to be quite the talented artist.  I'm sure the mod will be kickin'.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Sovrath

HA HA. So he left because he was wrong

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I was wondering where darkpony went as well. I guess he is off coding a mod by the way that post looks. Oh well I enjoyed his posting and sometimes enjoyed disagreeing with him.

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    I just got tired of ponies... I'm a big girl now.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I miss him. I enjoyed reading his posts. But I can understand. I too feel like there isn't anything really to say anymore. :/

Still I think MMO gamers should stay in touch, sort of.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    That dude waffled more on gaming than Jon Kerry did in politics. Does say something that some miss him though.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

*wipes away a tear*

Thanks for al the concern, folks. Really appreciate it. Rekindles my hope in humanity as a species.

Also thanks to Mike for bringing this thread to my attention.

Anyway, I'm on an extended leave from playing mmorpgs for a while. It seems I lost that loving feeling. Even the urge to argue about them :)

I do miss talking with you guys, though.

<3

edit: Dark Pony's sig may be terribly outdated. He doesn't feel like doing something about it at the moment.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by DarkPony

*wipes away a tear*

Thanks for al the concern, folks. Really appreciate it. Rekindles my hope in humanity as a species.

Anyway, I'm on an extended leave from playing mmorpgs for a while. It seems I lost that loving feeling. Even the urge to argue about them :)

<3

edit: Dark Pony's sig may be terribly outdated. He doesn't feel like doing something about it at the moment.

Come back soon! There are tons of cool MMOs to look forward to in 2013. :D

Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by DarkPony

*wipes away a tear*

<3

Come back soon! There are tons of cool MMOs to look forward to in 2013. :D

Yes please! :)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    You never stop playing mmorpg's! Blasphemy!

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    I was wondering where the Pony went...now we know.   :)    It is good to take a break from MMO's for a bit. 
    Originally posted by Teala
    I was wondering where the Pony went...now we know.   :)    It is good to take a break from MMO's for a bit. 

Given that I can't find a MMO I like anymore, I rather feel like: "In Sovjet Russia, MMOs take a break from you!"