Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy T*ts.

The Scarlet Blade ads are funny.

Comments

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    haha the ads got me to go to their main site. I looked at classes, saw they all had bust size (and clone dna?) listed and realized they were all female and left. No idea what the game is about, but probably not much beyond the title offered here.
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    I tried it.  It has very witty, tongue-in-cheek dialog and quest text.   Someone(s) did a very good job localizing it.  Beyond that, its not a bad game, just nothing spectacular.  Has the same mechanics as the 100 other f2p MMO's, no better, and no worse.  Honestly, since 95% of MMO's are just re-skinned versions of each other, this one holds up pretty well.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

Lol, I block everything all the time (I know, shame on me, support the sites, etc. etc...) but now that you mentioned I just checked the ads... and they are funny indeed. Nice punchlines, the one with the magazine covers and killer quiz bubbles is hilarious.

Not my kinda game, but if they spread those ads onto many sites I'm sure they will collect a lot of clicks / views :)

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I thought they were clever ads that will perk some interest.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

Lol, I block everything all the time (I know, shame on me, support the sites, etc. etc...) but now that you mentioned I just checked the ads... and they are funny indeed. Nice punchlines, the one with the magazine covers and killer quiz bubbles is hilarious.

Not my kinda game, but if they spread those ads onto many sites I'm sure they will collect a lot of clicks / views :)

Somehow they stopped adblock from blocking ads, if I try to block the ads I seem to loose other site functions or get a blank screen.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Nice sig kitarad, Gondamon west gate if I'm not mistaken? :)

Cod_Eye, combine it with noscript, some other filters and a well-configured Firefox can help too.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Tried it, it's horrible, it's a themepark and all quests from lvl 1 to lvl 10 are Kill 0/10 quests, graphics are really bad and it's just a boring game imo.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Nice sig kitarad, Gondamon west gate if I'm not mistaken? :)

Good eye right you are.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by CalmOceans
    Tried it, it's horrible, it's a themepark and all quests from lvl 1 to lvl 10 are Kill 0/10 quests, graphics are really bad and it's just a boring game imo.

I wonder if this is made with Hero Engine it has the same look like SWTOR and the stock ground textures look 1:1

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by kitarad
    I thought they were clever ads that will perk some interest.

The operative word.

• BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314

I actually saw a bunch of referals for it on youtube so I watched some reviews, apparently you can purchase the ability to see all the busty women naked in that game...

Not that I have anything against erotic entertainment... I just hate to be teased, I'm not gonna play a game where women are gonna walk around all hot and naked and not have any sexual simulators... Same reason I don't like strip clubs, I don't want to be teased with erotisizm and not get to fulfill my arousal, I'd rather just enjoy my (supermodel) girlfriend ;D

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Now I really can't go to MMORPG.com at work, or when my GF is around.

Thanks...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

yeah its very generic, like most mmorpgs. I can live with the not-so-great graphics because they arent terrible but im really disliking developers making all these "new" mmorpgs and all we get is the same we have since the beginning of time.

Im really starting to believe that most of this devs either they are too lazy to come up with new ideas or just arent capable enough. Sigh.....

When i look at all this new old mmos sometimes i sort of agree with Richard Garriot. Whats going on with devs lately....

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Based on how they are promoting the game, it is obvious the gameplay is shit. 

The adverts are awesome though......going to make a lot of money for mmorpg.com.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Thanks...

crap, I didnt think about this.....

That would be a pretty awkward boss encounter, huh?

I guess the ads aren't so awesome now.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896
    I love the ads calling it a "mature" game, when this game is the exact opposite of mature. Adult? Maybe. But I don't think mature means what they think it means.

• BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Isn't an M rating "Mature"?

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by rojo6934

yeah its very generic, like most mmorpgs. I can live with the not-so-great graphics because they arent terrible but im really disliking developers making all these "new" mmorpgs and all we get is the same we have since the beginning of time.

Im really starting to believe that most of this devs either they are too lazy to come up with new ideas or just arent capable enough. Sigh.....

When i look at all this new old mmos sometimes i sort of agree with Richard Garriot. Whats going on with devs lately....

lvl 20 and did my first BG (I hate PVP but it was a quest type of BG)

WARNING: game is horrible, do not play lol

if anyone likes the saucy language in the beginning, it's over after the first few levels and every quest is generic and stupid as heck, I am still doing "Kill 10 mobs" and "Collect 10 X", all of the quests are like this, all of them. This is 99% of the game I played up to lvl 20, Kill 10 and Collect 10, that's the game...that's it.

You don't get the quests, they basically appear in front of you, and you don't run anywhere, you double click on the quest and autorun to mobs and NPC basically.

At lvl 17 you can transform in some kind of robot, but it's nothing special, you just change and have like 5 abilities, well bleh, it's just boring. I don't feel like anything I do matters.

One of the worst MMO I played, lol.

I died once, from lvl 1 to lvl 20, yes, once. Extremely easy game to play, no real reason to group at all, quests are slightly faster in group but it really doesn't matter.

Basically it's a game for young teenage boys or people who are really really bored, more bored than me.

I've stopped playing now because I had enough.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Maephisto
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Thanks...

crap, I didnt think about this.....

That would be a pretty awkward boss encounter, huh?

I guess the ads aren't so awesome now.

If he's not ok with the ad would he really be ok with him being on a game site ?

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

If the game-graphics would atleast look anywhere decent, but the models are so low-poly, that it just looks bad.
    And the game just has a M-rating because of the somewhat explicit wardrobes and language, but other than that the game is made for 10y olds.

But sex sells anything I guess.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Nice thread. We must keep abreast of this advertising situation ;)
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

I think it's hilarious....

"Our game sucks, but look, we've got naked chicks!!!"

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by spookydom
    Nice thread. We must keep abreast of this advertising situation ;)

Shouldn't be difficult.  The subject matter is quite titillating...

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333
    The titular Scarlet Blade is your own after you're done playing. The character designs are excellent, but the game's just a grind. PvP if you make it past the grind only happens once every hour or once every 2 hours for the second map. Nudity is in, unless you want to play the censored sentinal class. Cash shop item for that though.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    A MMO with only women? Was it made by the BBC? Oh just saw the outfits, can't be a Beeb production then.