Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What a joke

mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

This Beta is the biggest joke ever, after so many months of Alpha and testing and all this crap, the Beta is launched, the game never stops patching, cannot access the main Trion site to ask for a refund, cannot acces the forums, cannot access the ask a question, no one single dev has bother to give an explanation, good grief Trion is this the way you do bussiness. I cannot speak about the game because I cannot test it. LOL what is happening to the gaming industry?

My honest opinion, do not pre-order this game you will save your money and a lot of headaches.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

My opinion

Do not preorder a game you know very little about to get into Beta and then want a refund when things are not up to your expectations.

• gotcha89gotcha89 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Yes the patcher has still some problems. It keeps patching because when the download gets interrupted the patcher starts over again in a new folder.

But still don't forget this is a beta. and it is your mistake that your only reason to pre order the game is to get beta access. If you had more patient you didn't have this problem

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516
    Right click the launcher icon and run as administrator. Solved the problem for me.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

If you go to the Beta forum there are hundreds of players in the PC side with the same problem, every time I try to access the forum or the main webpage or account or support I get this message

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I tried running as administrator, I turned off the Firewall, nothing the same thing

I f you go here there are dozens of topic about the same thing

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?29-PC-Beta-Feedback

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Why would you ask for a refund when its not even the product you paid for? If the launch game doesn't work, well then by all means ask for a refund. But the beta client by its very nature is not guarenteed to work properly. I'm sure they will fix the issue, but these things are not always a quick and easy fix.

The patcher works fine for me fyi.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Trion is one of the better MMO companies out there.

If you don't like the game that is understandable, but I wouldn't bad mouth a company over problems with a beta test.  

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

The patcher works for me , no any problem.

I can access the forum anytime.

I'm feeling lucky, Trion ... Please Take My Money !

If you don't like something just because it's not the thing you expected doesn't mean others cannot like it.

And now it's your turn dear OP to feel lucky, there are planty of other games out there to play with just pick another one.

And i hope you will find a game to play with that will entertain you the way you want,so you won't come here again

to cry about a game that you don't like because you have technical issues with a beta release.

Wake up !

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

Keep in mind, that after the launcher is downloading the initial files, he then start patching, which then says that it needs around 15 GB of free space in order to continue.

At least that's what I got, and I had only 5 GB left after the first files. I needed to clear some GB's in order to continue! Check your partition free space and see if you have at least 15 GB . 

Hope it helps.

EDIT: If you don't have enough space, he keeps saying "patching", and he teoreticaly finishing patching, but then it starts all over, over and over again .. :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• LizanteLizante Member Posts: 182

Reading this,  I thought, "ISad how this (the OP's serving whine with his cheese) what Beta  Testers have devolved to."

Then I read all the posts after his and my faith in MMO beta testers was renewed. WTG! ;)

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

You know...that's why it's called beta.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

If you don't like the game that is understandable, but I wouldn't bad mouth a company over problems with a beta test.  

Trion is screwing over their reputation fast.  The game goes live in just over a week, so they really can't lean on the whole "it's just a beta" crap.  What people see right now, is exactly what they are going to see when it's released.  They've really dropped the ball.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by Gdemami

You know...that's why it's called beta.

A beat that's going 1.0 in just over a week...

You make me like charity

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Isn't this their first real beta test with a significant player base? There are bound to be some issues. Seems a bit early to go all Chicken Little over the affair.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Trion is screwing over their reputation fast.  The game goes live in just over a week, so they really can't lean on the whole "it's just a beta" crap.  What people see right now, is exactly what they are going to see when it's released.  They've really dropped the ball.

Its the beta crap because they need to overload the servers. The same thing happend with GW2 and many other mmo's. Trion is one of the best companys and they really listen to the players/customers. They havn't dropped the ball on anything. I can get in and play right now with no problems. This is one company I have never had a problem with and I'm happy to pay for the games they  make.

When this game crashes and burns into mediocrity, I expect you to come here and admit you were wrong.

You make me like charity

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Isn't this their first real beta test with a significant player base? There are bound to be some issues. Seems a bit early to go all Chicken Little over the affair.

But Wicked. You have to remember the #1 rule of online gaming. When "I" ("I" being the person having a technical problem) have a problem, it instantly means everyone else is also having the same exact problem and that game and company are a failure because since I cant play nobody else can either.

It simply isnt possible that "I" am a very tiny percentage of the overall playerbase and there are a lot of people playing while I am unable to. No way. Just couldnt be. Never in the history of the internet has such a thing happened. If a few people have this problem it means everyone does and anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by bestever

lol yeah this is the final build. I'm sure they have a final build all ready to go but will add updates to it from this beta and improve the servers.

You know...a final build you "add updates to" is not a final build, it is in fact not the same build either.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    I dint bother to use my beta invites so no idea about the status of the game but everyone knows refunds are off the table untill atleast product launch.   its stupit to even ask or expect a refund on any product thats cleary sold as "work in progress"  they dint deliver what they said due to still building it...   always wait till release before buying anyting if you cant stand loosing some money on a small gamble.
  • LizanteLizante Member Posts: 182

This:

Originally posted by Eladi
    I dint bother to use my beta invites so no idea about the status of the game but everyone knows refunds are off the table untill atleast product launch.   its stupit to even ask or expect a refund on any product thats cleary sold as "work in progress"  they dint deliver what they said due to still building it...   always wait till release before buying anyting if you cant stand loosing some money on a small gamble.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Originally posted by asmkm22

You do realize that the OP's problem isn't with the gameplay but with the patcher?  Something that usually gets fixed by launch?  I had problems logging in tonight too, but hey, beta.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    in my opinion this game goes to beta too quickly it was no means ready for that. and also it amuses me that there is always and forever going to be people who pre order game with eyes closed and then cries about it when it wasnt what they expected it to be or whatever other reason they didnt bother to read before purchase! long live unpatient and unexperienced generation of gaming " kids "
  • BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

So, basically, OP paid to be punched in the balls (beta test a game that, being beta, has a bunch of bugs), and then cried when it hurt. Good show, kid.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

Rift had a simular issue with their patcher in one of their beta events, which got resolved during beta and worked just fine at release. But regardless no matter what stadium a beta is at you can expect difficulties.

Even during retail pretty much every mmo/company ends up having some issues with their patcher, launcher, connection/game/patch servers.

WoW for instance intentionally created a way to launch the game without the having to use the launcher. When their launcher has issues.

Even though final beta weekend events are teaser weekends for a large part they still are part of their testing, including stress testing.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by m0lly
    in my opinion this game goes to beta too quickly it was no means ready for that. and also it amuses me that there is always and forever going to be people who pre order game with eyes closed and then cries about it when it wasnt what they expected it to be or whatever other reason they didnt bother to read before purchase! long live unpatient and unexperienced generation of gaming " kids "

It's just a launcher issue anyways. This shit always happens with these games. I'm sure they'll have it working correctly within a couple days if it isn't fixed already.

The dude needs to get a grip.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by m0lly

It's just a launcher issue anyways. This shit always happens with these games. I'm sure they'll have it working correctly within a couple days if it isn't fixed already.

The dude needs to get a grip.

yeah when someone cant log in for one day its time to cry a river? being in alpha launcher down allthetime, character wiped twice on my time, being feedbacking and reporting tons of bugs and suggestions. and yet not cry about on forums about that.

but its alpha and yes its beta. when its launched as " ready " if these issues still exists then maybe its time to be angry a tiny bit !

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by mayito7777

This Beta is the biggest joke ever, after so many months of Alpha and testing and all this crap, the Beta is launched, the game never stops patching, cannot access the main Trion site to ask for a refund, cannot acces the forums, cannot access the ask a question, no one single dev has bother to give an explanation, good grief Trion is this the way you do bussiness. I cannot speak about the game because I cannot test it. LOL what is happening to the gaming industry?

My honest opinion, do not pre-order this game you will save your money and a lot of headaches.

How would you expect a dev to give an explanation if you are not able to get on there forums or contact them yourself??