Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Total incompetence by EA, can not even play the game.

I have created SWTOR account , some time ago, must be at forst month of launch - during friend trials or something.

Must have got request to validate email some time around that , but since i didnt want to play the game - i never get on to validate email.

Now that game is F2P , and I am playing it. I get my character to lvl 16 - and the game suddenly exclaims "You can not continue playing that character until you validate email"

Ok...no problem

Except its EA, so yes there is a problem. image

The smart EA website can not send you another request for email validation (it has known bug) and the validation email i got year ago is out of date.

Ok... support can fix that...

Except there is no way to contact support if you are not subscriber...

Ok..so I will post at forum.

Except there is no way to post on forum if you didnt validate email...

Create new account and start playing from scratch is only solution.

Thanks SWTOR , but no thanks...

Comments

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

I believe the work-around is to create a new email account that is "clean" of anything Origin/EA related.

Create a new email account somewhere, use that as the account to re-validate your email address and things should work.

Best of luck if you still want to play.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

I believe the work-around is to create a new email account that is "clean" of anything Origin/EA related.

Create a new email account somewhere, use that as the account to re-validate your email address and things should work.

Best of luck if you still want to play.

I want to play - after all the story is not bad.

I will try your workaround. But I doubt it will work, since i tried with 3 emails allready.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I tried playing the game again after f2p because a friend of mine really wanted me to play the game with him and it doesn't even recognize that I ever bought the game or had an SWTOR account for some reason. So something happened with my account when they made the transition to f2p so I can sympathize.

To be fair though, I didn't bother trying to contact EA since I wasn't really keen on playing the game again anyways. Gave me a good excuse not to.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Lobotomist

..or you could contact them by phone, or by email at [email protected] or make a new account and issue a ticket about the issue.

Yeah, talk about competence....

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Lobotomist

..or you could contact them by phone, or by email at [email protected] or make a new account and issue a ticket about the issue.

Yeah, talk about competence....

Email support ad a free player, right? SWTOR does indeed show real EA incompetence when it comes to that department. I've had my old SWTOR account merged to F2P and would have been given 250 cartel coins because I bought the DDE. Those 250 coins are registered on my account but were never added in-game. Made it a support ticket asking about it and all I get is a "You're no subscriber so we're not gonna help you with your issue". Thanks a bunch guys >:(

• akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123

[email protected] .

That is all.

Originally posted by Reizla

Email support ad a free player, right?

Yep, email works for F2P players.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    but what would an email do, if they dont support F2P accounts?

Originally posted by simplius

but what would an email do, if they dont support F2P accounts?

They do support F2P accounts, only subscribers can get in-game support and as anywhere else to post on forums.

You know its possible to answer someone's question without being a combination of water and vinegar.

Originally posted by tiefighter25You know its possible to answer someone's question without being a combination of water and vinegar.

It is also possible to ask questions without trolling, bitching, bashing and overall being an ass...

Thanks god I do not need to be nice to such jerks on these boards like CS guys do.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

EA do not discriminate against SWTOR when it comes to Origins. I know a Sims3 player and - suffice to say they have a lot of problems with Origins and a host of new bugs every time EA intoduce a new pack.

Originally posted by gervaise1

EA do not discriminate against SWTOR when it comes to Origins. I know a Sims3 player and - suffice to say they have a lot of problems with Origins and a host of new bugs every time EA intoduce a new pack.

You know origin is completely optional when it comes to swtor?.

I've been playing without since 7 months ago.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

You know its possible to answer someone's question without being a combination of water and vinegar.

It is also possible to ask questions without trolling, bitching, bashing and overall being an ass...

Thanks god I do not need to be nice to such jerks on these boards like CS guys do.

So .. someone gave SWTOR a fair shot, despite all the criticism surrounding SWTOR and how EA mishanded it.  They got really frustrated and expressed their greivances publically.

That makes them a jerk deserving to be rude to?  Mmmkay then.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by Karteli

So .. someone gave SWTOR a fair shot, despite all the criticism surrounding SWTOR and how EA mishanded it.  They got really frustrated and expressed their greivances publically.

I think the problem  here, is communication, and maybe, just maybe a small bug, but most probably a fault from the persons side. 

I guess, claiming it is still being mismanaged, show me proof please. 

I for one think they're doing good things in game, it's not going fast enough, but it's good.

If you e-mail, they respond, extremely fast even, fact is, OP did not know there was a e-mail address, and thus the statement does not ring entirely true, i.e. there is frustration, I understand, but how much of it is justified?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by akkedis86

I think the problem  here, is communication, and maybe, just maybe a small bug, but most probably a fault from the persons side. 

I for one think they're doing good things in game, it's not going fast enough, but it's good.

If you e-mail, they respond, extremely fast even, fact is, OP did not know there was a e-mail address, and thus the statement does not ring entirely true, i.e. there is frustration, I understand, but how much of it is justified?

"My decision to leave EA is really all about my accountability for the shortcomings in our financial results this year. It currently looks like we will come in at the low end of, or slightly below, the financial guidance we issued to the Street, and we have fallen short of the internal operating plan we set one year ago. And for that, I am 100 percent accountable."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2013/03/18/174674582/ceo-of-electronic-arts-worlds-third-largest-gaming-company-resigns

Sorry, just being funny... But I think that does qualify as proof of mismanagement lol... 

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

"My decision to leave EA is really all about my accountability for the shortcomings in our financial results this year. It currently looks like we will come in at the low end of, or slightly below, the financial guidance we issued to the Street, and we have fallen short of the internal operating plan we set one year ago. And for that, I am 100 percent accountable."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2013/03/18/174674582/ceo-of-electronic-arts-worlds-third-largest-gaming-company-resigns

Sorry, just being funny... But I think that does qualify as proof of mismanagement lol... 

Sure, granted that's the company, not the studio, but I get your point.

On some level it might of affected the game, and vice versa.

As some have pointed out, you don;t need Origin to play SWTOR, but you do need an Origin account.

You have one even if you don;t realize you do.

They use Origin's infrastructure for monthly billing and keeping track of your Cartel Coin purchases.

If your Origin account gets bugged, which is a worldwide problem with all EA games, the only known workaround is as I stated a few comment up.

If your Origin  account is bugged, it can affect your SWTOR gameplay by 1.) not taking your credit card info, forcing you to buy time cards, 2.)  not letting you buy cartel coins, and 3.) not letting some people who joined via old versions of free trials level past 16, even though the game is now free to play.

Though the workaround is kind of well known and tested  amongst players, EA has yet to officially comment on the bug, or offer a work around.

I thought I was helping OP.

Not sure how some people equate asking and answering questions about a major bug as, "trolling, bitching, bashing and overall being an ass..."

But whatever.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Sure, granted that's the company, not the studio, but I get your point.

On some level it might of affected the game, and vice versa.

The studio is the company in this case.  EA bought BioWare in 2007 (http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-buying-bioware-pandemic-for-860m-6180818).  Key original BioWare personel either quit, resigned, or were fired.  The founding BioWare doctors left not too long ago as well.

It's an EA studio, not a BioWare one.  It has been for some time now.  (to your comment on studio vs company).  Company vs subsidiary would be more applicable, but the mindset is that of the parent company, in this case, EA .. who runs SWTOR (into the ground).

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.