Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Blizzard's Hearthstone

PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member

This isn't "Titan" right?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21900869

Someone tell me this isn't the big reveal we've been waiting for. Titan is still in development and this is just some extra game no one knew about, right?

Comments

• DragonantisDragonantis DublinPosts: 974Member

I would have prefered an online version of the WoW TCg but it looks very good.

And no this isnt Titan, its Blizzard moving into a new market.

• guivnhguivnh CuritibaPosts: 1Member

Exactly.

Blizz said that's not the famous rumor next-gen mmo until announce this new game.

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    Originally posted by guivnh

Exactly.

Blizz said that's not the famous rumor next-gen mmo until announce this new game.

Whew. Okay. I need my coffee before I read the news. 

They kept this one pretty quiet.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,256Member Uncommon
    What the bleep? What's the point of this if they have a tcg?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I play the TCG and, from what I've seen so far, this is nothing like the current TCG.

And the TCG is a licensed product, formerly to Upper Deck, currently to Cryptozoic. This is an in-house project.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AeliousAelious Portland, ORPosts: 2,854Member Uncommon
    Looks great and seems to be a Pokemon TCG type game. I wonder if they can integrate the game into WoW. That would be really nice for taverns and, well, anywhere else.
  • AxehiltAxehilt San Francisco, CAPosts: 8,743Member Uncommon

It sounds like you're implying the demographic of a digital TCG is exactly the same people that already buy the real-world TCG, and that only the existing real-world TCG players would consider buying a digital TCG. That's...pretty far off the mark.

"Joe stated his case logically and passionately, but his perceived effeminate voice only drew big gales of stupid laughter..." -Idiocracy
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Richmond, VAPosts: 1,538Member Common
    Originally posted by Axehilt

It sounds like you're implying the demographic of a digital TCG is exactly the same people that already buy the real-world TCG, and that only the existing real-world TCG players would consider buying a digital TCG. That's...pretty far off the mark.

I would imagine the majority of sales on thw WoW TCG are from people looking for the loot cards

• AxehiltAxehilt San Francisco, CAPosts: 8,743Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

I would imagine the majority of sales on thw WoW TCG are from people looking for the loot cards

Sounds like a big stretch to me.  No doubt WOW players going for loot cards is part of their business plan, but more than 50% of it?  Doubt it.

"Joe stated his case logically and passionately, but his perceived effeminate voice only drew big gales of stupid laughter..." -Idiocracy
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

• maplestonemaplestone Ottawa, ONPosts: 3,099Member

CCGs are just too dangerous for my personality type - I pretty much have to take "avoid at all costs" stand on them.

• f1sebf1seb Copiague, NYPosts: 192Member Uncommon

Seems like this game would be perfect on mobile phones and tablets.  Makes sense for them to be delving into that type of market.  But not something I'd be interested in.

Didn't Square Enix have something like this with Tetra Master or something a while ago?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member

Magic the Gathering is the best TCG game on the iOS.

Hopefully this one will be fun too. The MtG game has pve though .. hopefully this game has it too.