Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What elder scrolls games did you play?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I played 

-Arena

-Daggerfall

-Redguard

-Skyrim

Missed out on Morrowwind and Oblivion because by then i was allready addicted to MMO´s...Tough i played Skyrim because at that time i was in my one year sabatical from MMo´s.

Which games did you play?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• MuffpojkenMuffpojken Member Posts: 54
    I played Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Out of the bunch I liked Morrowind the most and Oblivion the least. Can't say I'm very stoked for Elder Scrolls Online. 

Playing: ARMA 2
    Waiting for: Darkfall: UW
    Played: Ultima Online, Age of Conan, Anarchy Online, Planetside, Dark age of Camelot, EQII, WoW, SWG, FFXI and a lot more

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim.

Skipped Redguard and the phone games.

You make me like charity

• pedropavanipedropavani Member Posts: 4

I played arena and daggerfal around the same time, which resulted in Arena not receiving much attention. After that I played some of the spin-offs but not a lot. And them came morrowind, which I played quite a lot, Oblivion, which was a tragedy, a train wreck, I hated the game and its modding community didn't help much in making it a quality game. 

And now Skyrim, which I have been playing quite a lot too. I actually love it, since it is not a "Dungeons and Dragons" ish rpg, it has a unique setting, which is not only good because it shows creativity, but also because I despise the D&D based settings. 

Elder Scrolls Online, I don't know... though, it seems that it will at least drink some of my time. 

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by pedropavani

I played arena and daggerfal around the same time, which resulted in Arena not receiving much attention. After that I played some of the spin-offs but not a lot. And them came morrowind, which I played quite a lot, Oblivion, which was a tragedy, a train wreck, I hated the game and its modding community didn't help much in making it a quality game. 

And now Skyrim, which I have been playing quite a lot too. I actually love it, since it is not a "Dungeons and Dragons" ish rpg, it has a unique setting, which is not only good because it shows creativity, but also because I despise the D&D based settings. 

Elder Scrolls Online, I don't know... though, it seems that it will at least drink some of my time. 

Skyrim has both Dungeons and Dragons, along with all the standard fantasy tropes that come with it.  Great game, but the setting is probably the most "traditional" fantasy settings for the IP.  Oblivion might take that crown if it weren't for the whole demonic invasion and alien-looking expansion.

I suppose you could say Arena and Daggerfall were both very traditional as well, but they lacked a lot of the atmosphere that skyrim has.

You make me like charity

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

arena - didn't play

daggerfall - played for a while...got pretty repetitive

morrowind - my fave, played it a lot and loved it.

oblivion - looking at the disc right now and wondering why it wasn't better.

skyrim - goddamn i need a new computer.  i played and liked, but it glitches out on me.  not it's fault, it's mine.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Muffpojken
    I played Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Out of the bunch I liked Morrowind the most and Oblivion the least. Can't say I'm very stoked for Elder Scrolls Online. 
    Except for Daggerfall (which I now have, but have not played yet), the same sentiments for me.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion for me
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

Daggerfall for a short time,game was really buggy at release.

Morowind for a short time as I grew tired of the brownish look of the majority of the game,brown,brown,brown.

Oblivion,spent more time here,the game is vibrant and fun!

Skyrim,I've spent numerous hr's in the game and it's just jaw dropping.A classic as far as I'm concerned.The game rock's,especially on pc with all the mod's.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I played them all! 

If I were tell a friend to play any of them I would tell them to play Morroblivion. Morrowind was my favorite. Using this Mod you get Morrowind with Oblivion graphics and you can travel between Morrowind and Oblivion with the same character.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    oblivion and skyrim, played morrowind for like 30 minutes but couldn't get into it due to it's age (long after oblivion was out but before skyrim).
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Out of these, I player Morrowind and Skyrim the most. Ma favorite is Morrowind, simply because the settings and stories. Oblivion was too blend for my taste. Skyrim isn't too bad, but I'm sad for the lost of spellmaking and hate the crappy UI. I use SkyUI now :).

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

I didn't start until Morrowind personally.  It's still my favorite one.. Still have it installed in fact.  Being a thief, a true thief was hard in that game at many points and I loved it.

Oblivion was alright, Skyrim didn't impress me.   Read into that what you will.  I mean, you're going to anyway, so there's your permission.

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim (including all expansions).

Loved all of them, but gun to my head would have to say Oblivion the least, Skyrim the most.  Morrowind was great but people tend to overlook some it's flaws due to the rosey tint on their glasses.

Ofc, as with them all mods made the games so much better.

• SmackjabberSmackjabber Member UncommonPosts: 33

Morrowind + Tribunal + Bloodmoon

Oblivion

Skyrim

Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear...

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Morrowind onwards including all expansions and content dlc, recently installed the Morrowind Overhaul mod (MGSO), its a couple of gig download well worth it tho

• HcRpgerHcRpger Member Posts: 31

I'm not entirely sure if I've played both Arena and Daggerfall, one at least if not both though.

Of the rest, not sure about Redguard (I swear I have played too many games, brain is all mushy when it comes to remembering exact games LOL), all the others though.

And I've had countless of hours of fun out of all them :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Smackjabber

Morrowind + Tribunal + Bloodmoon

Oblivion

Skyrim

Same, started on Xbox with Morrowind, BM, TL, moved to PC for Oblivion and Skyrim.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by HcRpger

I'm not entirely sure if I've played both Arena and Daggerfall, one at least if not both though.

Of the rest, not sure about Redguard (I swear I have played too many games, brain is all mushy when it comes to remembering exact games LOL), all the others though.

And I've had countless of hours of fun out of all them :)

Redguard was not an RPG, more like an adventure game...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I've played them all and Daggerfall was the one I enjoyed the most. That was true freedom that was.

I'm not a fan of Skyrim, because they dumbed down the spell system and for some reason I just get bored out my mind each time I start it again. I've never finished it, despite trying several times... just got fed up after awhile each time.

Overall though, I can't help but think the recent ES games are wildly overrated. Don't get me wrong, I think they are good and can understand why people love them so much with all the linear games about these days.

I'm a massive RPG fan. I've probably played 95% of all RPG's ever released on PC... but for some reason the ES games (except Daggerfall) just don't do it for me. Obviously they arn't for me.

With the way TESO is looking, I think I'll enjoy it more than the last 3 TES games.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.