Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Never Winter Closed Beta Weekend Video Compilation Updated Often

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

NeverWinter The Plaque Tower Final Quest

My last footage on the game. I didn't do this as a review. I was simply playing the game and enjoying it. This one was just for fun trying to see the story line through. Also it was the first time I had my new companion. I think I chose the wrong one sadly.

=====================================================================================

Neverwinter Is it ready for primetime?

In a perfect world things would make sense all the time. I think even if the world was like that the gaming world wouldn't be. Sometimes it's too early for opinions and thoughts on subject matter. In this case I think Never Winter is an ok game that can be better. I don't say this a lot but it seems rushed. With a lot of rookie mistakes we suffered through years ago.

It has bright points though. Namely fun class mechanics (not all of them) and the foundry. Quest yet again follow the same old same old. I just wish SOMEONE find a way to do it different. Shock us with a new fresh way to do things. I can honestly say I'll play this game for the foundry. I also want to fully flesh out all the builds and skills for the cleric.

It's too early for a score so I’ll say this let watch out for this one. And give it a valid chance to grow on us.

========================================================================================

The Road to Reclaiming The Never Winter Crown

All the story quest instances leading to getting back the NeverWinter Crown. This is back to back raw footage. I really didn't do much beyond set all the quest back to back. At first I was going to delete this but I said nah maybe someone will find use for it.

=========================================================================================

The Cloaktower Instance

This place was long for no reason. And I had a tank who just couldn't aoe tank. Or the heal aggro is so much in this game. That he could not hold them all. I think it was a little of both but we got through it just fine. I did however need to be a ninja on several ocassions to make that happen. This dungeon could stand to be shorter but it did look good.

=======================================================================================

Hotenow PVP Instance

This was a classic map domination mode. I gotta say I had fun in here and would recommend playing the mode. You may not want to be a healer like me. I spent a lot of the time dodging ganking.

=======================================================================================

First 5 Man Instance "Black Lake Terror"

My first time healing in this game here we go. It works a lot like a shadow priest from wow.I don't like the fact I'm stuck in one place casting that seems a bit ancient. The game would do better not having that. I like how the instances aren't that long. Queue times aren't bad but then again I'm a healer. So what do you guys think instance wise?

First 2 hours Gameplay

First Instance Game Play

This is my first look at Neverwinter period. I will say from first look I thought this game was WoW all over again. But as i played and checked out a little more how the foundry works and solo missions. Along with the power progression system which is fun. The game slowly began to have it's on identity.

I won't say you haven't seen this all before. And the foundry isn't a new idea either in concept. But for now it looks like this foundry may actually be worth trying out and doing. This video is basically my first hours of game play. A second sister video will be put out the first dungeon for everyone to check out. 

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    have to say i did this dungeon last night and had real fun doing it..not very hard but it gave me the old feel of DDO..will play a little today but just a little..no more to much beta for me.
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by kevjards
    have to say i did this dungeon last night and had real fun doing it..not very hard but it gave me the old feel of DDO..will play a little today but just a little..no more to much beta for me.

Yeah it's that oldschool dungeoneering feel that DDO accomplished, and that NWO is accomplishing as well. No other mmo has ever managed it in my opinion.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    You should play a different class the weapon guy looks rather boring. And you're forcing your voice too much. If your that sick you shouldn't even be talking just for us. Not worth it your just going to make it worse.
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    I added the first 5 man instance Black light Terror. It was actually fun healing it even though it wasn't very hard to begin with. I'll just keep adding on to this post no need in making several.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Yeah it's that oldschool dungeoneering feel that DDO accomplished, and that NWO is accomplishing as well. No other mmo has ever managed it in my opinion.

Not to argue or belittle anyones opinion but I would like to inject my opinion.   The dungeons in Neverwinter are NOTHING at all like dungeons in DDO.

They are straightforward and boring. Traps can seriously wipe a party in DDO where as in Neverwinter you can waltz in and out traps or not and you can even buy items that let you "use" other classes skills.

I do however beleive some of the foundry authors are doing better jobs than the actual devs from Cryptic.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• HironHiron Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by Asm0deus
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Not to argue or belittle anyones opinion but I would like to inject my opinion.   The dungeons in Neverwinter are NOTHING at all like dungeons in DDO.

They are straightforward and boring. Traps can seriously wipe a party in DDO where as in Neverwinter you can waltz in and out traps or not and you can even buy items that let you "use" other classes skills.

I do however beleive some of the foundry authors are doing better jobs than the actual devs from Cryptic.

Totally agree. Its not even close to DDO dungeons. But the players have created some quests that are loads better than the standard Cryptic one.

Not for nothing but after awhile in the higher lvl dungeons traps almost one shot me. It did cause me to be cautious and heal more. Or plainly avoid them altogether it was rather annoying but realistic.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Silentstorm
    Not for nothing but after awhile in the higher lvl dungeons traps almost one shot me. It did cause me to be cautious and heal more. Or plainly avoid them altogether it was rather annoying but realistic.

yea also some player made ones killed me couple times.. you can actually place some of them in ways you cannot see them at all heh

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Yea it just happen to me in a lvl 16 dungeon. I never even had a hint of a trap and boom dead. 
    LOL the clock tower doesn't need to be a hour long sheesh. And guys if your gonna pick tanks learn to aggro control lol. 
  • BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

Nice videos, thanks. (I think i remeber watching a bunch of your GW2 videos.) I can see how being rooted in place sucks but what i didnt expect was the cleric is such an AOE class.

My Wife liked the cleric in this game as she thought it was simmilar to Rift in that Clerics feel Powerfull as opposed to little healing slaves of the DPS as they often do in other mmos. Wont hurt Queue's in this game to have a string healer class either.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Silentstorm
    LOL the clock tower doesn't need to be a hour long sheesh. And guys if your gonna pick tanks learn to aggro control lol. 

There was a healing aggro bug in this beta causing healing to extrapolate threat levels unmanageable far as aggro control goes.

In other words, can't really judge their gameplay by this weekend far as if they can or cannot aggro manage.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Your going to see when I upload the clock tower video. In some cases the person wasn't even trying lol. I had to be ninja cleric the whole time. But it was actually fun I died a few times but meh it's beta who cares.
  • wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    A lot of these "instance" and "dungeon" vids, though they are instanced dungeons, are just quest instances and aren't the actual dungeons you queue for. I love the fact that just questing and leveling you're in a different dungeon with a different boss every 2 or 3 quests.The actual multi-boss dungeons you queue for (starting at lvl 18 I think it was) are even more fun, plus the skirmishes from LOTRO are there as an option too.
  • NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287

Is it just me, or is the very idea of having a loot roll pop up for unidentified items absolutely ridiculous?

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Nibs

Is it just me, or is the very idea of having a loot roll pop up for unidentified items absolutely ridiculous?

I agree. The initial roll should just go to people that can equip it, then go to a greed/pass if nobody needs it. With the crazy amount of drops there will be a need for more backpack expansions >=D

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

After watching this healer video i knew i am not buying this game.

I like the fact they use action target system but the game looks like its 10 years old already.

I didnt buy me a new rig fiew months ago to play outdated GFX like this.

imho it looks very boring and i only watched a fiew minutes of gameplay.

ps: sup with the dodging in this game......your character just slides???? WTF?

Originally posted by oubers

ps: sup with the dodging in this game......your character just slides???? WTF?

Varies per class. The wizard teleports when dodge is used, warrior sprints, etc.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by wordiz
    Originally posted by Nibs

I agree. The initial roll should just go to people that can equip it, then go to a greed/pass if nobody needs it. With the crazy amount of drops there will be a need for more backpack expansions >=D

Yeah I don't really get that. Although it may be that you cannot roll need if the item isn't useable by your class. It isn't greyed out but it is possible that if you try "needing" it when you can't use it that it won't let you roll. I should have tested it. Like to hope so anyways otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of the system.

I think the sliding is funny so I don't mind the electric sliding all over the place. At first I was like you don't need to dodge in this game. Yea I was wrong about that as I got stronger I hauled ass to get away from things. Also take in mind I'm using a defensive support class offensively. So in most games they don't let you go nuts dps'ing.
    You went nuts on the video coverage. What is the final verdict on this one?
    I added the clock tower tonight it was way too long lol....
    No verdict this long means you didn't like it much huh?

Is it sad that I like scarlet blade better lol?

NW has a long way to go alot of imbalance in the game. If they address that it can be a solid choice for gamers.

As I edit and watch this stuff over again. The game is alot more fun then I gave it credit for.