Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wait till this games 20 bucks then it might be worth it.....

Comments

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516
    Yet another game that could have been great if not for having to be limited by freaking consoles.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• SupermanDanSupermanDan Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by shamall
    Yet another game that could have been great if not for having to be limited by freaking consoles.

Yea its cool to see a console mmo but we should of had a pc version built from the ground up just for us with a true PC UI and real graphic options and such having to press ctrl and Q to quit the game made me lol you should never have to google search basic game controls

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by SupermanDan
    Originally posted by sancher36
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Nah, I've better things to spend 20 bucks on.

Once it goes completely F2P (which will probably happen very soon after the TV-show starts) I might spend a few hours messing around with it. Or not.

Freeloaders will ruin this game, once it goes totally f2p then I'll be the first to quit 

Not sure it'll go completely f2p but I can see the game going on sale after a couple of months of launch then I may take a look into getting it as that beta didn't make me want to spend 60 dollars thats for sure

I suggest you look at price trends for all games that get sold in the stores. They all go down in price as the title gets older so really your point is what??

My point is the game in its current state isn't worth 60 bucks lol thats the entire point of the thread unless someone can show me something awesome I missed its a 20 dollar game to me tbh I've played some f2p mmos that have more features and things to do

I have looked at many f2p mmos and found nothing good about any of them except LOTRO. I think defiance for $60 is a reasonable sale price for what you get. 

Oh if your in australia like I am then my copy of defiance is $89 and we as aussies have more of a reason to complain oh and the release date here is over a week after USA. 

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238
    While the UI is odd to say the least, and can be improved with a simple patch to be fair. The game is solid, well made, and pretty interesting, even some dynamic things going on which is nice to see. I've put the game down now, as I know i'm going to get it, might be just the novelty of a third person shooter mmo with guns and buggies, but it looks pretty deep when looking at all the EGO stuff, and the mods on the guns and stuff.

Once it goes completely F2P (which will probably happen very soon after the TV-show starts) I might spend a few hours messing around with it. Or not.

Freeloaders will ruin this game, once it goes totally f2p then I'll be the first to quit 

Not sure it'll go completely f2p but I can see the game going on sale after a couple of months of launch then I may take a look into getting it as that beta didn't make me want to spend 60 dollars thats for sure

I suggest you look at price trends for all games that get sold in the stores. They all go down in price as the title gets older so really your point is what??

My point is the game in its current state isn't worth 60 bucks lol thats the entire point of the thread unless someone can show me something awesome I missed its a 20 dollar game to me tbh I've played some f2p mmos that have more features and things to do

I have looked at many f2p mmos and found nothing good about any of them except LOTRO. I think defiance for $60 is a reasonable sale price for what you get. 

Oh if your in australia like I am then my copy of defiance is $89 and we as aussies have more of a reason to complain oh and the release date here is over a week after USA. 

Lol forget that you should buy the game off some third party steam key site then because thats insane and what f2p mmos have you tried theres a good amount of decent ones out there I didn't care for LOTRO but games that I loved in the past that were shooters to me had cooler stuff going on like tabula rasa and All Points Bulletin both of which suffered from a lawsuit or just a lack of funding but had some high quality action

Lol forget that you should buy the game off some third party steam key site then because thats insane and what f2p mmos have you tried theres a good amount of decent ones out there I didn't care for LOTRO but games that I loved in the past that were shooters to me had cooler stuff going on like tabula rasa and All Points Bulletin both of which suffered from a lawsuit or just a lack of funding but had some high quality action

I've played AOC, STOR, League of legends, cabal, Allods, crystal saga, LOTRO, Aion, Flyff, Jade dynasty, APB, tera, dc universe and many more. Most I have tried only lasted me a week before I quit. 

I've played AOC, STOR, League of legends, cabal, Allods, crystal saga, LOTRO, Aion, Flyff, Jade dynasty, APB, tera, dc universe and many more. Most I have tried only lasted me a week before I quit. 

Only a week on swtor? Makes me sad thats got probably the best lvling content of any mmo since its fully voiced and such its just that it lacks end game blows away lvling in this game lol. Tera was alright I got to like lvl 40 but the quests are terrible and repetitive. LoL is such a overrated game but I've never really been into Dota games so not something I can get into. Allods aka the russian WoW as many called it had really good potential but its lacking features that I wanted. Flyff is a tradtional grinder mmo my favorite of those was Maplestory used to be awesome before all the dam nerfs to it. APB is decent but theres not enough content to keep you hooked I'm hoping watch dogs will give us that multiplayer gta that we all want.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    IMO the game doesn't have any staying power, has cool aspects but nothing that really makes me want to jump in and play it. Going to pass on it which is unfortunate because the idea is great. If it rolls F2P I'd check it out again.

Only a week on swtor? Makes me sad thats got probably the best lvling content of any mmo since its fully voiced and such its just that it lacks end game blows away lvling in this game lol. Tera was alright I got to like lvl 40 but the quests are terrible and repetitive. LoL is such a overrated game but I've never really been into Dota games so not something I can get into. Allods aka the russian WoW as many called it had really good potential but its lacking features that I wanted. Flyff is a tradtional grinder mmo my favorite of those was Maplestory used to be awesome before all the dam nerfs to it. APB is decent but theres not enough content to keep you hooked I'm hoping watch dogs will give us that multiplayer gta that we all want.

With SWTOR I should say I had a subsciption for first 6 months after launch then I quit and later returned to see the f2p changes and what they did was the most restrictive of any f2p I have ever seen. Also in swtor once you max levelled one character it gets very boring the second and third time around. 

With SWTOR I should say I had a subsciption for first 6 months after launch then I quit and later returned to see the f2p changes and what they did was the most restrictive of any f2p I have ever seen. Also in swtor once you max levelled one character it gets very boring the second and third time around. 

ok yea I agree I played for about two months I had a Imperial Agent main I was never big on rerolling unless its easy to do on my 2nd or 3rd time through and the f2p stuff is bs you can't do anything without subbing so yea thats lame. Wish it had a good end game it might of had the staying power that WoW and other mmos have offered. I don't think defiance will have that staying power either unless the end game content is super awesome which noone knows as of yet I hope they patch the game with a better Ui and more customization the game might have a chance but in its current state which is probably the launch version its going to be lackluster at best

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Not sure if there are different servers but damn it's dead as hell.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Even tho this game is eminently forgettable, I agree that this game might be worth playing at a deeply discounted price. $10-$20 on the Summer Steam Sale is about right. $50-$60 plus DLC? Not even close to being worth it.
  • fumoffu1fumoffu1 Member Posts: 32
    -90% off on steam. thats when its worth it.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by fumoffu1
    -90% off on steam. thats when its worth it.

only if its part of a bundle with a bunch of other games image

Originally posted by Burntvet
    Even tho this game is eminently forgettable, I agree that this game might be worth playing at a deeply discounted price. $10-$20 on the Summer Steam Sale is about right. $50-$60 plus DLC? Not even close to being worth it.

Yea I'm getting the same vibe as you are on the price on it just doesn't feel like a full priced AAA game sadly as I'd love a really awesome mmofps but too much console influence

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Yea I'm getting the same vibe as you are on the price on it just doesn't feel like a full priced AAA game sadly as I'd love a really awesome mmofps but too much console influence

Can't be an mmofps if there is NO FIRST PERSON available!  

Yes I am extremely annoyed that it is thrid person only and will not be playing unless a first person option is added.

Originally posted by 123443211234

Can't be an mmofps if there is NO FIRST PERSON available!  

Yes I am extremely annoyed that it is thrid person only and will not be playing unless a first person option is added.

yea you got a point I guess the correct term is mmotps then lol would be nice to see a first person view added as the third person makes it hard to aim at anything as the cameras too far to the left

Originally posted by kabitoshin

You need to look more, find the red spots on the maps and you can find lots of players.

Yesterday I was in one spot killing bugs with about 50 plus players 

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Yes the population is divided up between multiple shards. You might be stuck on a low pop one, or just in an area where not many on your shard are active.

You need to look more, find the red spots on the maps and you can find lots of players.

only found alot of people in the arkfall and the beginning supply areas rest of the worlds pretty empty

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

only found alot of people in the arkfall and the beginning supply areas rest of the worlds pretty empty

Keep in mind that everything else people are doing is shard based too, at least for now. That includes PvP matches and co-ops. SO if for example youre on Shard B, and most other people on Shard B are doing things like PvP matches and Co-Op missions constantly, the world itself will feel pretty empty to you. On the other hand, Shard A might have very few people doing PvP matches and Co-ops and instead playing in the open world and so it feels much more alive.

Things like this are part of the reason why they really need to get rid of the whole auto / random shard assignment thing. They should allow players to select which shard they want, and possibly even have shards labeled as being focused for specific types of players / gameplay. Like have a shard labeled as the PvP shard where you know you can go and get quick PvP queues, rathe rthan being thrown into a random shard and having no idea if it has active queues or not and possibly waiting for hours for a match while theyre popping every 15 minutes on a different shard.

Think of it sort of like if you were going to play WoW, but instead of being able to select a server it just tossed you into a server. No idea if its an Open PvP, Core, or roleplaying server. You just have to play for awhile an dfigure it out. And on top of that, every time you log back in its a different server.

Kind of a stupid system, and one of my main turn offs so far.

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Keep in mind that everything else people are doing is shard based too, at least for now. That includes PvP matches and co-ops. SO if for example youre on Shard B, and most other people on Shard B are doing things like PvP matches and Co-Op missions constantly, the world itself will feel pretty empty to you. On the other hand, Shard A might have very few people doing PvP matches and Co-ops and instead playing in the open world and so it feels much more alive.

Things like this are part of the reason why they really need to get rid of the whole auto / random shard assignment thing. They should allow players to select which shard they want, and possibly even have shards labeled as being focused for specific types of players / gameplay. Like have a shard labeled as the PvP shard where you know you can go and get quick PvP queues, rathe rthan being thrown into a random shard and having no idea if it has active queues or not and possibly waiting for hours for a match while theyre popping every 15 minutes on a different shard.

Yea well it works if done right but they may have too many shards just to keep the lag minimal but it makes the game not as fun not seeing others running around making you feel like your part of something epic

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Well that sounds thrilling...

But seriously, is the world small or are those bugs just particularly compelling?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Well that sounds thrilling...

But seriously, is the world small or are those bugs just particularly compelling?

What we have access to is a decent size but it's not the full map. 

The red spots on the map are arkfalls. They are basically like rifts in Rift but better done and more fun. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_RE8KSfJQs

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I'd wait until its F2P, and then not play it. XD