Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adventure Zones Have "Raids" Won't Be Ready At Launch

jp4lyfejp4lyfe Member UncommonPosts: 165

According to this interview: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32077

"Raids" or whatever they decide to call it will be in at some point through adventure zones. Just not at launch. Some instanced, some not. And from the article it all seems highly subject to change.

A post on the temp-official forums follows up on this. It seems there will be large group encounters, just not like your typical 20 people vs overly giant sized mob

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1451466-matt-firor-quotes-from-pax-east/

My personal opinion is they haven't officially decide how they want to do end game raids and everyone is way over reacting and theyre will be progressive content for guilds and such either at launch or sometime after.

Comments

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I think people are concerned becuase Guild Wars 2 is fresh in everyones mind.

The fact that the game didn't offer guilds anything to progress through, or do any really besides WvW.

Just dont want another end game flop where hardcore progresison guilds are bored to tears.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    This just makes me want to focus on Wildstar until the game is "finished".
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Ya better the game launch in 2014 and have a soild elder game then launch early and guilds not have their elder game.
  • QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Ya better the game launch in 2014 and have a soild elder game then launch early and guilds not have their elder game.

Screw That. You wanna play in beta don't you? Why not just play the game itself, and then, the adventure zones add-ons will be something that you can look forward to a few months after launch. They said probably not more than a few anyways, and in the meantime, there's 360 hours of PvE content you can enjoy, and literally endless PvP...

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Yeah releasing a game without much end game content has ended very poorly for a couple of games that I can recall.   In the eyes of progression guilds/raiders, groupable dungeons and questing just doesn't cut it for months.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

Originally posted by Deadlyne
    Yeah releasing a game without much end game content has ended very poorly for a couple of games that I can recall.   In the eyes of progression guilds/raiders, groupable dungeons and questing just doesn't cut it for months.

Maybe it's a smart move to keep the WoW'ers out... we can hope.

Originally posted by Qallidexz
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Screw That. You wanna play in beta don't you? Why not just play the game itself, and then, the adventure zones add-ons will be something that you can look forward to a few months after launch. They said probably not more than a few anyways, and in the meantime, there's 360 hours of PvE content you can enjoy, and literally endless PvP...

That depends entirely on the quality of the quest content itself. Based on the sheer quantity I doubt its of overly high quality. Even if its not, if I want to play a single player game I still have a hell of a back log. I still need to play The Witcher 2, and finish Dues Ex Human Revolution, there is the new Bioshock, etc. I know I have several stuff on my hard drive already I do not even really play much that I keep trying to get around to.

I want a reason to play with others, not another single player game.

double post
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Yeah devs switching their focus to the,  " casual console gamers" who want a 3rd person action scripted mmo, has just been a cancer to the genre.

it's too bad really.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Originally posted by WellzyC

Yeah devs switching their focus to the,  " casual console gamers" who want a 3rd person action scripted mmo, has just been a cancer to the genre.

it's too bad really.

Yes, such a cancer that its fueled the industry. We would not have half the games we currently do without them. Though considering how completely retarded your slander is I would not be surprised if you do not understand that.

Originally posted by Livnthedream
    Originally posted by WellzyC

it's too bad really.

Yes, such a cancer that its fueled the industry. We would not have half the games we currently do without them. Though considering how completely retarded your slander is I would not be surprised if you do not understand that.

Yea, we've had a lot of games come out because of this switch, so I think Wellzy's "cancer" reference, is a pretty perfect analogy.

Yea, we've had a lot of games come out because of this switch, so I think Wellzy's "cancer" reference, is a pretty perfect analogy.

Please take econ 101 once you get to high school. It will teach you how things actually work.

Originally posted by coretex666

The WoWers?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wower 

Please see definition #2.

Please take econ 101 once you get to high school. It will teach you how things actually work.

Please learn about how the subsciption-based model of gaming works, and the value of passive of income over a long period time, before you pretend you know what you're talking about, genius

Please learn about how the subsciption-based model of gaming works, and the value of passive of income over a long period time, before you pretend you know what you're talking about, genius

What? The subscription model has been around much much longer than WoW. The statement is not only inaccurate, but stupid. Much like the whining about paid beta, UO was doing that back in 1997, its nothing new.

The WoWers?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wower 

Please see definition #2.

I know what the word means.

You want to keep people who play WoW out of TESO? You hope for that?

You have a problem with WoW players in general?

Duh.

• jay8118jay8118 Member Posts: 29

of the 9 millions subs in WoW how many of them play other games? no such thing as keep WoWer's out, if you are/were a mmorpg player you played WoW some time or another, if you didnt play wow then your opinion means nothing to this matter.

Deadlyne is correct if you make a sub game it has to at least make it to there first sub aka 1 month...

Endgame is just something eso has to look into to cater to that type of community, just like pvp and crafting.

$$$ is thier endgame

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Always a good sign when long term content is left out of release.
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Lycrates said on the ESO Official Forums;

"It think its clear that Firor changed his mind after all of the community replies in the different forum sites

Lets not forget, initially he had gone as far as saying that there is really no endgame.
    Now all of a sudden we get new version of Raids and progression gear (thats from a different quote).

At least I am happy that ZOS listens to the community.
    Up to now we have gotten (in chronological order) action-like combat, polished first person, exploring enemy territories and now Raiding.

Kudos to everyone in the community for getting involved with all these issues. The game is MUCH better off because of the community and community feedback."

I would agree - so it surprises me little that Matt is saying these things will be in, but post launch - they simply don't have time to do it all beforehand without putting the launch back - and I bet the bean counters don't like that one bit...

Let's see where the juice is in the interview;

Of the features we are still learning about, Adventure Zones are one of the most intriguing. I asked Matt to talk about what we could expect in those areas and when we might see them.

"Probably not ready for launch. And I talk about them with the knowledge that launch day is just another day for an MMO, I mean it's a super important day but we're committed to this. We will have worked on expansion content, post launch content for months into the game launch; we'll have already been working on stuff.

I would rather put fewer really solid systems in now than put in a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't really work together, just to make launch day. We want the core of the game to be good, the core of the game to be fun, hundreds of hours of PvE gameplay, a great PvP system and then work on it from there.”

... and...

With no Adventure Zones at launch, I asked Matt what kind of initial PvE content there will be for guilds to coalesce around.

"The economy, crafting there’re a whole lot of things they can be used for, but again I don't want to go into specifics, not that I'm actually holding anything back. I'm just afraid it's going to change. And adventure zones are highly speculative; we have a design, we love it, but we want to finish the base game first then those might change, but that's our thinking right now.”

Worrying - but understandable considering the straightjacket they happily pulled on thinking it had open sleeves.

If the game is buy to play - it might even be smoke and mirrors, but maybe that's just me - pre-jaded by Funcom and AoC...