Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do LFG System really ruin the community?

1101112131416»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Kuviski

And lastly, these systems make guilds less important, and I think guilds and the struggle between them should be a major thing in MMOs, even in PVE.

Which is a good thing for many. Guild drama is not exactly my idea of fun. I was in a raiding guild for a while because there was no other way to do the content. The drama, the work ... weren't fun.

It was a lot better after LFR. I was still in the same guild for a while before i quit wow, but i use it mostly as a social guild, and it was a lot more pleasant.

Originally posted by ClaudeSuamOram

It's just sad to see MMORPG's become another version on console gaming. What made them a seperate genre is now a faint line that is disappearing each year. They are becoming more and more single player RPG's that happen to have other people standing in as NPC's.

You forget features like friend list and chat channels. Do you put NPCs on friend lists? Do you chat with NPCs?

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by GreenHell
    Originally posted by xeniar

the community uses the LFD system not using the LFD ystem will get you yourself nowhere because with it in place nobody wil not not use it. so you are being forced into using it.

tell me do you play wow? if so do you actually visit any zones? do u use the world they have created apart from questing? theres alot of work going into that world and it is being wasted by the instant teleportation. and lets not forget flying.

The world was created for a specific purpose. Thats why the zones have levels. Blizzard does not expect you to have to go back to a level 50 zone when you are 90. It was never their intention. Once you have completed the quests in that zone or you out level the zone you progress on to the next one. The zones serve their purpose and that purpose is to level. They were never meant to be a highway.

Since we are talking about WoW why doesn't anyone complain about flight points? Is spending time on a wyvern so much more fulfilling and rewarding than an instant teleport? I know I use that time to hit the bathroom or alt tab. Does the community fall apart if Im not on that Wyvern or is it falling apart because I am on it? Since you don't like flying am I to assume that in your eyes if I am not on a ground mount wasting 15 mins to get to my destination that I am once again destroying the community.? Hearthstones must be bad as well. What about Mages? They open portals and teleport all over the place. That should be removed too?

So for some reason you are only happy when you see people on ground mounts riding past you? Why does this make you think the game has a better community? It was like that during Vanilla and the community hasnt changed since then. So if WoW has always had a bad community than all of your points are not valid.  It really doesn't matter how we get to where we are going.

wow completely missing my points. i have never said that flight points and hearthstones are a bad idea. they are quite a necesity to get around quickly (without flying mounts). I never said that teleporting ruins a community im reposting on his statement about massteleporting is the same as a lobby game.

What im talking about right now is the world u are using. So but all the things u said, it is justified that you level trough the content and then ditch it all to sit on your lazy ass in a city and just que up for evrything. I could be playing a lobby game instead. it would give me the same thing. and it takes alot less of work for the company to create it. if thats what we are doing anyway.

all this instant teleport shit makes the world partion off the game obsolete. Flying mounts destroyed world PvP as we know it. now there is just ganking . wich is being done by flying mount they fly over see this little guy questing. land oneshot him and fly off. max level people wich don't want to pvp jsut stay on their flying mount all day long. or better yet. inside the city.

Those 15 mins u are on your groundmount is 15mins long for a chanse to run into the enemy and have a fight on your hands. Wich can be fun. that 1 fight can escelate into a war by people helping eachother out and there u have a random event going wich multiple people join.  these things don't happen anymore because oh trololol evryone is on his flying mount. what is the use of a pvp server? now all pvp wich happens is just pure ganking.

if you don't have a flying mounts those flight points come in very handy to get to a certain area quickly but removing the option to always be on that mount. so your actually interacting with the world instead of just hanging around in the air with nothing to do.

This all indeed does not ruin community. it just defys the purpose of having this grand seamless world when all you do is queu up and sit in your city.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by jpnz

the community uses the LFD system not using the LFD ystem will get you yourself nowhere because with it in place nobody wil not not use it. so you are being forced into using it.

tell me do you play wow? if so do you actually visit any zones? do u use the world they have created apart from questing? theres alot of work going into that world and it is being wasted by the instant teleportation. and lets not forget flying.

If the vast majority of the playerbase isn't interested in 'community' then the LFG certainly didn't destroy it in the first place.

If you are interested in 'community' and 'world immersion' you don't have to use the LFG.

If you do use the LFG, then don't complain about something you are actively working against.

Again. i can choose to not use the LFD tool. but that does not get me anywhere. there is nobody else wich will do that so i could never get a dungeon going.

Now instead of this redicolous LFD tool. if we had a decent LFG tool. just a list of people wich want to go to a certain place or do a certain thing. if people would activly use that then we would have a great community and your dungeon would be fast asswell. + youl be talking to those people thus making friends more easely. This with actually chalanging content instead of the massive zergfest dungeons are would give meaning to the game instead of just OMG EPICS....

The thing is those LFG tools are always hidden out of sight no easy acces, wich results in people not using it all that much. and them complaining they have to spam the LFG channel while there was already a tool in place.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

wow completely missing my points. i have never said that flight points and hearthstones are a bad idea. they are quite a necesity to get around quickly (without flying mounts). I never said that teleporting ruins a community im reposting on his statement about massteleporting is the same as a lobby game.

No, I sadly did get your points. They are just foolish. The world was created for the purpose of leveling and gathering. It was never meant to be anything more than that. If it was there would not be any flight points or any kind of teleporting. Not so hard to understand is it? The zones are not meant for mass transit.

What im talking about right now is the world u are using. So but all the things u said, it is justified that you level trough the content and then ditch it all to sit on your lazy ass in a city and just que up for evrything. I could be playing a lobby game instead. it would give me the same thing. and it takes alot less of work for the company to create it. if thats what we are doing anyway.

Ok, in case you didn't noticed you are on the computer playing a game. I don't think pushing the auto run button constitutes "getting off my lazy ass" any more than hitting the que button. It just takes longer to go from point A to point B. That is not "work" it is a time sink.

all this instant teleport shit makes the world partion off the game obsolete. Flying mounts destroyed world PvP as we know it. now there is just ganking . wich is being done by flying mount they fly over see this little guy questing. land oneshot him and fly off. max level people wich don't want to pvp jsut stay on their flying mount all day long. or better yet. inside the city.

The game world is obsolete everytime an expansion is added.Thats just how it is. The ganking of the "little guy" is no different now than it was. If the guy flys off or if he rides off odds are he will be long gone and safe before anything happens if that is what he wants to do. His mode of transportation isn't really important.

Those 15 mins u are on your groundmount is 15mins long for a chanse to run into the enemy and have a fight on your hands. Wich can be fun. that 1 fight can escelate into a war by people helping eachother out and there u have a random event going wich multiple people join.  these things don't happen anymore because oh trololol evryone is on his flying mount. what is the use of a pvp server? now all pvp wich happens is just pure ganking.

If PvP is all you are intersted in world PvP died a long time ago in WoW (I do assume we are talking about WoW). Since there is no gear to be had by world PvP and there is through BG and arena that is where everyone went. I can't believe you blame flying mounts for that. Seriously? WoW is all about progressing your toon through your gear. People will take whatever course is the shortest to get that gear. That is all that WoW is about.

if you don't have a flying mounts those flight points come in very handy to get to a certain area quickly but removing the option to always be on that mount. so your actually interacting with the world instead of just hanging around in the air with nothing to do.

This all indeed does not ruin community. it just defys the purpose of having this grand seamless world when all you do is queu up and sit in your city.

Did it ever cross your mind that perhaps this is the way that most of the gamers wanted things to go? Possibly even the way the developers wanted it to be since they implimented those things that you do not like. Maybe it's not the flying mounts or any of the other things you listed that are the probelm. Maybe it's just you. Maybe it's time for you to move on to a more PVP focused game.

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

I remember going to Ratchet to farm Bloodsail rep... sure the little guys were easy kills and the rep was slow, but invariably someone from the other faction would show up to farm rep as well.  This always turned into a PVP match of great fun as you were no longer farming rep but each other.  They'd call in some guildies... you'd call in some guildies... all for the enjoyment of a little world PVP fun.  Gone are those days.  Gone with it was the good times that were had.

You can't ruin community where there is none.  Community has been long gone.  Long before GW2 or Rift or TSW or any host of other games have come along.  You never had community to begin with, thus the tool can't take away what you never had.

WoW had a community... many expansions ago.  It doesn't now.  So bascially you are asking a question about a game that no longer exists today.  Would removing LFG or LFR bring back community?  No.  It's gone and it's not coming back.  Once you get used to the idea that you can automate your life, you never go back.  You can walk anywhere in the world... you drive a car because you can.  You lose that car and you will spend every waking moment trying to reacquire one.  You're not looking to walk anywhere any more than you are looking for community in a game.  You don't care to look for it, create it, what have you... you days of hoofing it are over.

The question is moot... the dinosaurs have been dead for a long time... they never came back... community won't either.

Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    I think what a lot of folks are trying to say is that the LFG or LFD tool implies that MMO's are meant to be played like a single player RPG. You simply click on a button and wait. There's no more requesting help or social interaction. I'm not saying one way is better than the other, but the LFG and LFD make joining a guild pointless. So with guilds pointless, what socialization avenue is left? Cause we all know, running PUGs in WoW is anything but chatty. So if you don't play MMO's to interact with other players, why exactly are you playing MMO's?

"chat" is not the only interaction. Grouping to kill stuff is another.

And yeah, i do NOT play games to chat nor make friends. I have enough of those. And to be frank, i won't be playing MMOs if they are like before .. requiring you to chat and LFG in channels before i can actually play.

So the answer to your question is .. i am playing MMOs because they are changing into better games.