Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Release Date Announced & PvP at Launch

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gazillion Entertainment has announced the official release date for Marvel Heroes Online. Founders will have access to the game beginning May 28th, with all others getting into the game on June 4th. 

In addition, the team announced that PvP will be included at launch as well as End Game Boss runs similar to those players experienced during the seminal days of Diablo 2.

More information will be released soon so keep your eyes on the Marvel Heroes Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Coolio. 
  • pookirpookir Member UncommonPosts: 72
    "pvp at launch" my favorite part
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    cool beans!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

PvP?!?

Great! I really enjoyed my time in the beta. Can't wait!

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    HULK SMASH & CLOBBERING TIME is soooooon!!

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• SeptdeezSeptdeez Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Its a fun beta, I look forward to all the updates and the PvP coming. 
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    NDA is in effect, so I'll just say.. "NEEDS WORK"!
  • endgame1endgame1 Member Posts: 84

They also announced that instead of being able to purchase specific heroes from the cash shop, we will now have to purchase gambling tokens that award you with random heroes. So to play the characters you actually want in this game, you may have to buy a ton of tokens and hope to get lucky with the results. 

Lame.

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by Vyeth
    NDA is in effect, so I'll just say.. "NEEDS WORK"!

Agreed. Especially with pvp. Even from the characters they have let us test there are sooo many balance problems.

• pvp in this game is a bad idea.. with pvp all there going to do is start nerfing and buffing characters from now on....  If they made pvp where it is separate from pve then it would be fine but with alot of games all they do is nearf because something is strong in pvp but not in pve and then they go back and buff it again at a later patch...... 
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Lottery tokens are bad.  If you plan on playing, best to buy a $20 starter pack and get the hero you want now.  Once it goes live, you wont be able to, it is all lotto driven. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• DeathTrippDeathTripp Member UncommonPosts: 263

There's no PVP in beta less than 2 months before launch and we are supposed to believe there will be PVP worth playing at launch??

Buying heroes in the cash-shop will be a lotto too?? Can someone link a post about that?

This game went downhill fast for me.

-----------------------------
    Real as Reality Television!!!

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

It's not SWG, I don't care.

Yeah, i'm drunk...

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283
    I love Marvel but I am going to pass this one, if I wanted to play Diablo like game I would play D3 or PoE!

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Corthala
    I love Marvel but I am going to pass this one, if I wanted to play Diablo like game I would play D3 or PoE!

and if I wanted to play to play Diablo like game I would gladly give Marvel Heroes a try cuz I didnt really like D3 and PoE!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Well it is certainly not a MMO as you cannot create your own avatar, you must use theirs.
  • SuddleDSuddleD Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Well it is certainly not a MMO as you cannot create your own avatar, you must use theirs.

Do you even know what MMO stands for?

• booboofingerbooboofinger Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by SuddleD
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Do you even know what MMO stands for?

He probably doesn't. He might even be confusing it with RPG, but even then it could still be that too.

• svzurichsvzurich Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by endgame1

They also announced that instead of being able to purchase specific heroes from the cash shop, we will now have to purchase gambling tokens that award you with random heroes. So to play the characters you actually want in this game, you may have to buy a ton of tokens and hope to get lucky with the results. 

Lame.

It is actually much worse than this.  You are more likely to get hero drops for heroes you already own, than for a new hero to drop.  So if you own Iron Man, you might get several Iron Man drops and no Thor or Spider-Man.  

Let's hope we can still buy heroes we want, especially as more are added in.