Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Blizzard Releases 'Sizzle' Trailer for PS3 Play

Comments

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

Let me rephrase it.

"Sony wouldn't allow the AH on their platform"

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    if i ever buy this game it will be on PS3 (or PS4) unless they add gamepad support on PC. I do not play point and click games. Period. Havent logged back in Path of Exile for that sole reason (same with Torchlight 2 which i left behind less than half way)

I say it as though avoiding point and click somehow elevates you above the people who enjoy them and their controls.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    This is so awesome, I cant wait to play this on ps3.
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Corehaven

I wonder how well this is really going to sell on that console. 

There's just so many other games I'd rather be playing.  I still have Assassins Creed 3 sitting over there and I haven't touched it.  I'd rather play Boarderlands 2 than this stuff.  Haven't picked that up. 

I think a lot of gamers who own a PS3 are a little more used to more dynamic games than D3.  Top down view, running around dungeons killing monsters in just a constant hack and slash is something that really doesn't begin to compare with a host of better games with open worlds, 3D environments and engaging stories on the system. 

If there are so many other games you'd rather be playing then why is AC3 "sitting over there" untouched? Also, if you'd rather play Borderlands 2, then why haven't you picked it up? Sounds like you just had a knee jerk reaction here and posted without thinking it through.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Without an AH, they are going to have to thoroughly redo the itemization aspect of the game. I uninstalled it back in January and wouldn't consider reinstalling it. POE is already better and Grim Dawn looks gorgeous already.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

"No Auction houses of any kind confirmed by lead designer Joshua Mosqueira at PAXEast"

still waiting for a link of some kind that solidly confirms this.  a blurb about local co-op tells me nothing about whether the DRM is active or not.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by adam_nox

"No Auction houses of any kind confirmed by lead designer Joshua Mosqueira at PAXEast"

still waiting for a link of some kind that solidly confirms this.  a blurb about local co-op tells me nothing about whether the DRM is active or not.

Link

Link

Link

The no online connection bit was confirmed last month. Do some research on your own.

[mod edit]  Of the links you provided, only the second one has direct quotes to confirm.  Given it was written yesterday and is the only one of it's kind, it's not asking too much to be provided with it FROM A FRIGGIN NEWS WEBSITE LIKE THIS ONE.   FFS pull your head out. 

He cites concern for duping with an AH, does that imply no online game trading of items at all?  Or just more BS from bliz I wonder.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Good move on Blizzards part for porting this over.  Fram rate is still low, but still playable.

You make me like charity

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

Link

Link

Link

The no online connection bit was confirmed last month. Do some research on your own.

[mod edit]  Of the links you provided, only the second one has direct quotes to confirm.  Given it was written yesterday and is the only one of it's kind, it's not asking too much to be provided with it FROM A FRIGGIN NEWS WEBSITE LIKE THIS ONE.   FFS pull your head out. 

He cites concern for duping with an AH, does that imply no online game trading of items at all?  Or just more BS from bliz I wonder.

[mod edit]

Here's a link that at least confirms the offline play and the no RMAH: http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/console-diablo-3-playable-offline-real-money-auction-house-removed-not-exac

Though the guy does say: “There were some technical reasons we had to go with offline, but again once you have an offline experience, even if we wanted to bring in the auction house, it just becomes problematic. How do you validate? How do you make sure there is no duping or any of that stuff?”

So it seems to mean no gold AH, as well. But we'll see how it progresses. I find it funny that he basically says they were forced to go offline due to technical limitations. Don't think that Blizzard has learned anything -- in reality, if there weren't technical limitations, the PS3/4 version of D3 would have had DRM and AH just like the PC.

• XhavierXhavier Member Posts: 25

http://youtu.be/NDFO4E5OKSE

Real d3 dont buy into this bogus sh#! 

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

Blizzard as a company has nurtured a culture of dishonesty and deception that I will no longer subsidise. 

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

Originally posted by HcRpger What prevents this is simple. Loot drop ratios, that were specifically designed auction houses in mind. I'm just comparing that to D2 for example, where you could actually find epic loot by yourself. Drop ratios in D3 were deliberately low to accommodate both AHs.
     Untrue. The game was balanced so you could play never using any auction house. Many people have done it. It's time people put this tired old lie aside.

Blizzard readily admit that the loot game - drop rates, item rarity scaling, etc - was balanced with the AH in mind. The wider availability of high level items on the AH had to be taken into account when working out base drop rates. Blizzard have admitted doing as such, and have recently said they're going to work to move back to rates more akin to D2.

The point isn't that you can't play the game without going to the AH. The point is that the game is obstructive at higher levels unless you play the AH because item progression through drops does not scale convincingly with difficulty level/time investment due to the presence of the AH.

• HcRpgerHcRpger Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by dotdotdash

Originally posted by HcRpger What prevents this is simple. Loot drop ratios, that were specifically designed auction houses in mind. I'm just comparing that to D2 for example, where you could actually find epic loot by yourself. Drop ratios in D3 were deliberately low to accommodate both AHs.
     Untrue. The game was balanced so you could play never using any auction house. Many people have done it. It's time people put this tired old lie aside.

Blizzard readily admit that the loot game - drop rates, item rarity scaling, etc - was balanced with the AH in mind. The wider availability of high level items on the AH had to be taken into account when working out base drop rates. Blizzard have admitted doing as such, and have recently said they're going to work to move back to rates more akin to D2.

The point isn't that you can't play the game without going to the AH. The point is that the game is obstructive at higher levels unless you play the AH because item progression through drops does not scale convincingly with difficulty level/time investment due to the presence of the AH.

Thanks for that dotdotdash :)

If you read the developers postings you will also find it was balanced with playing without the auction house in mind. Drop rates in D3 were not deliberately low to accomodate the auction houses. It is untrue. Being aware of the auction house is not the same as designing the game to necessitate it's use.  The drop rates in D2 were warped by there being basically one mob to farm. The drop rates themselves were no higher.

And yet, most of the posts I saw on Diablo forums complained that nothing decent ever dropped. And Blizzard admitted that if there was a certain number of items in the AHs, they wouldn't drop as much.

If you were lucky (and amongst the first who played) you got the items, if not, then you were a bit screwed on that.

I can say from personal experience, drop rates were awful. I tried every class and played quite some time, wanted to give it a go, but nothing dropped. Not even with MF oriented gear. I got about 10 legendaries and 0 sets. Total playing time well over 100 hours.

Now comparing that to D2, there is no contest. And what you say about farming, I'm not on about that at all, in D2 you could get legendary items to drop from the beginning, no farming involved at all.

D3 no chance.

Why do you reckon they are changing this system now in D3?

Originally posted by HcRpger

If you read the developers postings you will also find it was balanced with playing without the auction house in mind. Drop rates in D3 were not deliberately low to accomodate the auction houses. It is untrue. Being aware of the auction house is not the same as designing the game to necessitate it's use.  The drop rates in D2 were warped by there being basically one mob to farm. The drop rates themselves were no higher.

And yet, most of the posts I saw on Diablo forums complained that nothing decent ever dropped. And Blizzard admitted that if there was a certain number of items in the AHs, they wouldn't drop as much.

If you were lucky (and amongst the first who played) you got the items, if not, then you were a bit screwed on that.

I can say from personal experience, drop rates were awful. I tried every class and played quite some time, wanted to give it a go, but nothing dropped. Not even with MF oriented gear. I got about 10 legendaries and 0 sets. Total playing time well over 100 hours.

Now comparing that to D2, there is no contest. And what you say about farming, I'm not on about that at all, in D2 you could get legendary items to drop from the beginning, no farming involved at all.

D3 no chance.

Why do you reckon they are changing this system now in D3?

Drop rates were aweful in D2. They're aweful in every ARPG. The whole point is for it to be difficult to get the best gear. Otherwise you would be done with the game in a week. The crybabies will have their way and then we'll get to hear how Blizzard dumbed down the game and it isn't fun any more.  They're the reason there is an auction house in D3. They couldn't do the work for themselves in D2 so the turned to the gold and item farmers to get what the wanted. I got two set pieces in five years in D2. Both were completely useless. Until the stupid runestones D2 was difficult. After D2 was a cakewalk. Blizzard never admitted items on the Auction house affected game drops. They don't. it's an urban legend they denied time and again. People just keep making this stuff up.

Well, I got tons of stuff in D2. Without any farming.

I won't change my mind in this matter, because I know what I read at one point or another. Doesn't even matter, I'm done with the game, just annoys me that they are making it a lot better for the consoles, that's all.

Shake hands and agree to disagree? :D

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Originally posted by Corehaven

I wonder how well this is really going to sell on that console. 

There's just so many other games I'd rather be playing.  I still have Assassins Creed 3 sitting over there and I haven't touched it.  I'd rather play Boarderlands 2 than this stuff.  Haven't picked that up. 

I think a lot of gamers who own a PS3 are a little more used to more dynamic games than D3.  Top down view, running around dungeons killing monsters in just a constant hack and slash is something that really doesn't begin to compare with a host of better games with open worlds, 3D environments and engaging stories on the system. 

If there are so many other games you'd rather be playing then why is AC3 "sitting over there" untouched? Also, if you'd rather play Borderlands 2, then why haven't you picked it up? Sounds like you just had a knee jerk reaction here and posted without thinking it through.

Because I've been busy playing GW2 on my PC since Oct which was my birthday and then I got AC3 and a couple of other games for Christmas.  I'm getting a little tired of GW2 though so I've been thinking of playing AC3. 

Basically, a short answer to your question is because I'm currently playing something else and haven't gotten around to AC3 yet.  However Diablo 3 for PS3?  There are dozens of games I still don't have for the system I would pick up long before I'd even consider D3 if ever.  So no, it was hardly a knee jerk reaciton. 

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Console version > the pc version. How does this even happen ?

Well, I got tons of stuff in D2. Without any farming. I won't change my mind in this matter, because I know what I read at one point or another. Doesn't even matter, I'm done with the game, just annoys me that they are making it a lot better for the consoles, that's all Shake hands and agree to disagree? :D

Fair enough. If it's any comfort I don't know if they're making it better for consoles. No one has seen the final product yet. Just what the chose to show at PAX East. It could be worse and it certainly won't see as much continued development as the PC/Mac version will after release.

True. We'll see. I just wish this whole thing would just die off. I was perfectly happy to leave D3 be and been playing a lot of other games. Then they bring out console versions and its all back. Meh, Blizzard should have just said, right we got enough money from this already, move on.

Would have thought they want to forget it as well.

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

I actually got a warning for posting my short-hand oppinion about this news article (basically saying I hope this game "fails" and cursing Blizzard). Trolling you say? Not at all. That is how I truely feel.

Now, allow me to actually structure my oppinion.

After the first 2 years of WoW, I vowed never to purchase another Blizzard product as they took that game downhill and their mass success seemed to cause the company to lose their true vision. Diablo 3 released, and as with any ARPG fan, I had to purchase it. I did.

I played it solidly, 12 hours a day minimum for the first two weeks (I had a LOT of free time on my hands at the time, being on summer break from university with no job or money to do anything for a while). This slowly went down, and down. As I started to realise it was a watered-down Diablo 2 (gameplay and graphics are lovely though, I will admit) catered purely around the RMAH. I couldn't kill people and steal their shit like in D2 (and I don't even have the option with a seperate server ruleset), items didn't have "fun" stats, it's just a number stacking game so NO item was really unique (done for the RMAH obviously), I couldn't distribute my own stat points like in D2, the list could go on, and on. But I'll keep it short. It's been said many times 'round here anyway.

Basically, Blizzard give us an online only product (very annoying for some people), and a real money auction house (which I love, most hate) but the game was PURELY based around the RMAH - this is why it sucked, and why I began to hate Blizzards implementation of real money trade.

Now they release it on console, no DRM, no RMAH - things that most PC players (PC players being: ALL of their current customers, all the WoW subscribers, Diablo and Starcraft players... etc etc) have been asking for since the game released. What do Blizzard do? Re-release it on another platform, with the features all of their current customers have been asking for. Obviously, they want them to purchase the game a second time, AND purchase a f***ing Playstation in the process. I know for a fact a lot of diehard Diablo players will actually do this not even realising they're being milked.

Blizzard have, IMO took a shit on all of their current customers and subscribers. They're in it for the money, and nothing more. They no longer have the passion they once did to make an amazing video game, their only motive is $$$. Don't give me that "every company is the same blah blah", because no. Lots of companies wish to please their customers. Blizzard are in a position where many brain-deads will buy their crap no matter the circumstances, and they know it. And it shows.

There you go. This is why I previously posted "I hope it fails, **** you Blizzard".

Moderators, please don't delete this one. I post this with the passion of a disgrunteled former Blizzard "fanboy". I'm not "trolling", I'm not baiting negative responses, I'm just voicing my oppinion of this re-release, pointing out the blatent fact that Blizzard have no respect for any of their customers.

People need to wake up and smell the coffee.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• SteelmonkSteelmonk Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Why does the mobility and character contol seems soooo much better in this video, then in the pc version??? Why cant the pc also have that... It just feels like they have given up on the pc and are moving on... it seems like they are making the game as it was meant to be but giving to the new crowd on the block...
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    My absoulte favorite Diablo clone was Record of Lodoss War for Dreamcast. So, yeah, I can see this working on a console.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by Adam1902

I actually got a warning for posting my short-hand oppinion about this news article (basically saying I hope this game "fails" and cursing Blizzard). Trolling you say? Not at all. That is how I truely feel.

Now, allow me to actually structure my oppinion.

After the first 2 years of WoW, I vowed never to purchase another Blizzard product as they took that game downhill and their mass success seemed to cause the company to lose their true vision. Diablo 3 released, and as with any ARPG fan, I had to purchase it. I did.

I played it solidly, 12 hours a day minimum for the first two weeks (I had a LOT of free time on my hands at the time, being on summer break from university with no job or money to do anything for a while). This slowly went down, and down. As I started to realise it was a watered-down Diablo 2 (gameplay and graphics are lovely though, I will admit) catered purely around the RMAH. I couldn't kill people and steal their shit like in D2 (and I don't even have the option with a seperate server ruleset), items didn't have "fun" stats, it's just a number stacking game so NO item was really unique (done for the RMAH obviously), I couldn't distribute my own stat points like in D2, the list could go on, and on. But I'll keep it short. It's been said many times 'round here anyway.

Basically, Blizzard give us an online only product (very annoying for some people), and a real money auction house (which I love, most hate) but the game was PURELY based around the RMAH - this is why it sucked, and why I began to hate Blizzards implementation of real money trade.

Now they release it on console, no DRM, no RMAH - things that most PC players (PC players being: ALL of their current customers, all the WoW subscribers, Diablo and Starcraft players... etc etc) have been asking for since the game released. What do Blizzard do? Re-release it on another platform, with the features all of their current customers have been asking for. Obviously, they want them to purchase the game a second time, AND purchase a f***ing Playstation in the process. I know for a fact a lot of diehard Diablo players will actually do this not even realising they're being milked.

Blizzard have, IMO took a shit on all of their current customers and subscribers. They're in it for the money, and nothing more. They no longer have the passion they once did to make an amazing video game, their only motive is $$$. Don't give me that "every company is the same blah blah", because no. Lots of companies wish to please their customers. Blizzard are in a position where many brain-deads will buy their crap no matter the circumstances, and they know it. And it shows.

There you go. This is why I previously posted "I hope it fails, **** you Blizzard".

Moderators, please don't delete this one. I post this with the passion of a disgrunteled former Blizzard "fanboy". I'm not "trolling", I'm not baiting negative responses, I'm just voicing my oppinion of this re-release, pointing out the blatent fact that Blizzard have no respect for any of their customers.

I do have to say that I agree with you nearly completely. I never subscribed to WoW, but what you said about D3 is true.

The fact is PC gamers (myself included), like you mentioned, have been asking those ever since the game launched practically, alongside with offline-mode. We haven't got any of that, but console versions get all of that straight off. How messed up is that. Yes yes, it wouldn't work with Battle.net and this and that, but the truth is, there is no reason for any of it to exist on PC version either.

I won't go any further (even though there is a ton of stuff that could be mentioned), I have said my piece about D3 and that's it.

Blizzard has gone from being one of my favorites to being just junk. It is remarkable how this has happened in space of just couple of years. I think their motto used to be "quality over quantity", they might as well change it nowadays to "no quality nor quantity".

Honestly, what happened to the company that made such great games like Lost Vikings, Blackthorne was great fun too, Warcraft series (not talking about WoW), first Starcraft, not forgetting the earlier Diablos? I think the only one of their older ones that I haven't owned at one point or another was Rock ' N' Roll racing, all the rest, yes.

So much fun with all of those, but now, Blizzard is just garbage.

Originally posted by Steelmonk
    Why does the mobility and character contol seems soooo much better in this video, then in the pc version??? Why cant the pc also have that... It just feels like they have given up on the pc and are moving on... it seems like they are making the game as it was meant to be but giving to the new crowd on the block...

This migh be, because I think it was very clear from the get go that D3 was geared towards consoles.

They can deny it all they want, but the truth is, D3 was and is so oversimplified, because of console influence.

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    My absoulte favorite Diablo clone was Record of Lodoss War for Dreamcast. So, yeah, I can see this working on a console.

My favorite console of all time, yet I've never played that game. Will give it a spin sometime :). Ahh the days of PSO, F355, Shenmue, PowerStone, SonicAdventure, CrazyTaxi, SpeedDevilsOnline, OutTrigger... Man if Sega made another console I'd buy it in a fucking instant. Anyway back on topic :P

Originally posted by Adam1902

It's your opinion and you're entitled to it but it's your opinion not a "blatent fact."  I see your reasons and accept they're valid to you, I just don't agree. I don't drink coffee it gives me jitters. image

Please show me where I stated my opinion was fact? Also, what exactly do you disagree with? Do you work for Blizzard, or are you just [Don'tWantMyPostDeleted]? Don't you dare make me dig up whe quote where the CEO of Blizzard says he wants to take all the fun out of making video games!! Haha

Originally posted by Steelmonk

This migh be, because I think it was very clear from the get go that D3 was geared towards consoles.

They can deny it all they want, but the truth is, D3 was and is so oversimplified, because of console influence.

I agree to be honest, I felt that as well.

Unfortunately I felt that same feeling when playing the new Darkfall, but that's another story.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

lolz.......i dont have any of these Diablo frustrations since i play POE.....laters y'all....of to play the real action RPG.