Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish this was Neverwinter Nights 3 instead.

NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

I would like to see Neverwinter Nights 3 a combination of NWN 1 and NWN 2 with all the classes, races, and d20 ruleset. Using the same box price + expansions payment model with a dev toolkit and modding community support. I hope this game gets made.

Neverwinter the free to play MMO with microtrasactions, five classes and 4e (fourth edition) just doesn't interest me at all.

Anyone elsse wish it was NWN 3?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Comments

• Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456
    After playing NWN2, no the whole 20 questions with every NPC and listening to you're party members disagree with one another in every conversation killed it for me. It's also why I couldn't stand any of Bioware's later titles ( Mass Effect and Dragon Age = same games with different story and setting.)
  • LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    To the OP , have you even played the game?   I have and I don't wish it was Neverwinter nights 3,  though I would like someone to make neverwinter nights 3 but with updated systems and mechanics and a different control scheme that doesn't put too much emphasis on control click for combat.  
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    I am happy it is not NWN3 becuase it is Cryptic making it.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Laross
    To the OP , have you even played the game?   I have and I don't wish it was Neverwinter nights 3,  though I would like someone to make neverwinter nights 3 but with updated systems and mechanics and a different control scheme that doesn't put too much emphasis on control click for combat.  

Laross, I was just wondering if anytime anyone has a negative opinion about the game if your response is going to be "have you even played the game?". I mean, I've already seen it twice in one night and its getting tiring.

There Is Always Hope!

• GhorikaGhorika Member Posts: 8
    i like very much the skills of the rogue its really nice
    Originally posted by Ghorika
    i like very much the skills of the rogue its really nice

The one thing I did like was that my character had a freeze spell which would slowly freeze them and then they would crack into pieces. That was satisfying lol.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by keithian

Laross, I was just wondering if anytime anyone has a negative opinion about the game if your response is going to be "have you even played the game?". I mean, I've already seen it twice in one night and its getting tiring.

yup and is it a bad thing that i ask that?  Its a simple question which rules out 90 % of the trolls on here.  Also if you're going to scan my posts, why don't you scan all of them and you will see I am fair, exact and straight to the point.  I call out people on False information and ask simple questions that in this case is very relevant.  And I've stated many times that I respect other peoples opiniions and they can say the game is totall shit, that came from north korea and i will respect his right to do so.  But if there is false information I will call them out on it, or if there is something missing I will expose the OP for trolling.  In this case his question was niether negative or positive and I gave it an answer and a straight forward question.   

yup and is it a bad thing that i ask that?  Its a simple question which rules out 90 % of the trolls on here.  Also if you're going to scan my posts, why don't you scan all of them and you will see I am fair, exact and straight to the point.  I call out people on False information and ask simple questions that in this case is very relevant.  And I've stated many times that I respect other peoples opiniions and they can say the game is totall shit, that came from north korea and i will respect his right to do so.  But if there is false information I will call them out on it, or if there is something missing I will expose the OP for trolling.  In this case his question was niether negative or positive and I gave it an answer and a straight forward question.   

what is tiring is users like you who don't look at the whole picture and make remarks like "its getting tiring" when you don't know my posting habits and my respect for others and their opinions.  

what is tiring is users like you who don't look at the whole picture and make remarks like "its getting tiring" when you don't know my posting habits and my respect for others and their opinions.  

Deleting my response. You'll attack anyone that posts anything negative.

There Is Always Hope!

Deleting my response. You'll attack anyone that posts anything negative.

sure sounds like you're the on attacking, please go visit my posts again as you're spreading false information.  FYI  welcome to my block list cause its obvious you've made you opinion of me , and even though my posts which is fact say other wise.  Good luck and go have fun bothering more people.   FACT vs OPIONION in this case you are just plain wrong.  

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Not the same company or type of game. In other words you are barking up the wrong tree.

This isn't like Bioware making SWTOR instead of KOTOR 3. Cryptic have nothing to do with NWN. The game is called Neverwinter due to the setting, it has no correlation to Neverwinter Nights other than the setting.

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290

I prefer the gameplay of NWO to NWN2. I don't know if they ever fixed it but the camera system in NwN2 was so frustrating it made me want to jump out of a window. 

One thing I really do hope Cryptic will eventually copy from NWN2 is the ability to make your own persistant world. We should be able to create our own adventure zones, guild halls and RP zones and be able to moderate them ourselves like in NWN2, that is the one thing of NWN2 that makes it such a wonderful and unique experience.

• SerivisSerivis Member Posts: 1

Firstly, thank you to the OP. I registered for these forums just so I could say this.

Playing NWN1 in personal tight knit groups is the most fun I have ever had in any game. It is a shame that we will likely never have this experience again, as rpg's these days all tend to be mmo based with a veiled sense of paying (through microtransactions or a recurring payment) to either have access, or to give further content. After playing NWN1/2 over the past few years, I won't be bothering with "neverwinter online". To me it's going to be an ugly mix of WoW with DnD classes, even if they do give you the ability to make your own dungeons..

I will remain optimistic that one day the NWN franchise will return to it's roots.