Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta not close to starting (Implied by Matt during Pax)

hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

"Cheat Code Central’s Jake Valentine got a chance to sit down with Matt Firor, the president of ZeniMax Online, at PAX East this afternoon. Firor is probably most well known for his work on Dark Age of Camelot, but his company is currently heading up the development for Elder Scrolls: Online.

A few months ago, ZeniMax began allowing players to sign up for the title’s upcoming beta, but when asked about the timing, Firor indicated that the beta would not be launched in the near future. "It's a big game," he said. "So we want to take our time."

Comments

• jp4lyfejp4lyfe Member UncommonPosts: 165

In a different video interview,  Matt said that by summer of some point there would be enough people in beta start really start testing the games social features. He mentioned it would start small and build up so if it's going to be large enough by the summer it would have to start soon one would think.. I'll find that video

So not sure how to take that comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US49X9zFO0c   @6:07 he states they are in beta alreayd (though I assume thats family/friends beta) @6:45 he states at the end of the summer we will have enough people in game to test the social systems.

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by jp4lyfe

In a different video interview,  Matt said that by summer of some point there would be enough people in beta start really start testing the games social features. He mentioned it would start small and build up so if it's going to be large enough by the summer it would have to start soon one would think.. I'll find that video

So not sure how to take that comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US49X9zFO0c  @6:45 he states at the end of the summer we will have enough people in game to test the social systems.

The beta isnt starting in a week as predicted/said, is how to take Matt's comment. Probably April or May beta will start and summer it will finish or something.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

So the invites for the "broader" closed beta will not be sent out at the end of March?

I would'nt even mind if I am not invited, I would just like to see the progress being made.

Originally posted by Maephisto

So the invites for the "broader" closed beta will not be sent out at the end of March?

I would'nt even mind if I am not invited, I would just like to see the progress being made.

That is what it sounds like. More internal testing. I'd suspect Late April-Early May invites will go out or something. Maybe the game isnt in as good as shape as we thought lol.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    .....so it might start soon or later or maybe down the line.....great info here, thanks!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Originally posted by TheJoda
    .....so it might start soon or later or maybe down the line.....great info here, thanks!

Soon doesnt sound like the answer

Matt Frior sounds like the game isnt ready to be played by more than the 100 they have doing internal testing