Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What did u want from Defiance

AdrenAdren Member UncommonPosts: 69

sooooo alot of ppl hating on the game...i think the game is exactly what i thought it would be..i dont expect much from mmos really anymore ..i want Defiance to do good and i think it will..made this thread cuz i want to know what did u want from it..what would have been innovative...to me it plays like a mmo except for the fact that its a third person shooter...i have a friend that has complained about every mmo that has come out in the passed 2 yrs..i feel like everyone on this site is just like him...its a MMO all MMOs are the same just like all racing games are the same...The Elder scrolls Online will be JUST like every MMORPG ur playing now just maybe better lore...Give the game time to grow...its trion they wil make it better.. and its not like they are asking u to fork over 15$ a month anyways.

what did u expect really?

inb4grammarnazistrokeepeenandcorrectmymistakes

Comments

• AdrenAdren Member UncommonPosts: 69
    i like the game as well my only gripe is i hope the rest of the zones look better besides that its a great game
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    "u" should work on yar spelling

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555

Good visuals to go with those of the show. Though they got the aesthetic decent, there is way too much ugly texture wise. Especially after they term it a "pixel perfect shooter" a term I still have no idea what it means.

A decent interface for pc users. The interface is extremely clunky, especially the way menu's work. Its rather obvious that it was designed with a controller in mind. Its also rather poor when it comes to actually giving you data. Sticking by the older model of putting different bits of information at all 4 corners of the screen instead of centralizing it like pretty much all good players make their interface. They also have issues when it comes to saying just what stuff does. The amount of information in terms of "what is better" is horribly misleading. Yes, there are lots of numbers, but nothing actually tells you what those numbers do. Many times I found myself sticking with lower rated weapons, even within the same type, because they were doing more damage. And that was without leveling that particular weapon up.

Tight gameplay. Right now the Shooting feels squishy, both with and without the auto aim that is on by default. Shotties are still borked even after they "made them better" in patch after wipe and sniping is way too easy. Though overall most of the fast fire weapons are better, especially if you have it heavily modded with procs.

Better story. While it may intertwine decently with the show, the start off of the opening cutscene on board the helicarrier (thats what it is, seriously) does not gel with what happens once it crashes. That combined with the constant reinforcement that you, a complete rook, that has not even been trained in how to use your new ai companion is worth an entire platoon right out the gate is annoying.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Adren

sooooo alot of ppl hating on the game...i think the game is exactly what i thought it would be..i dont expect much from mmos really anymore ..i want Defiance to do good and i think it will..made this thread cuz i want to know what did u want from it..what would have been innovative...to me it plays like a mmo except for the fact that its a third person shooter...i have a friend that has complained about every mmo that has come out in the passed 2 yrs..i feel like everyone on this site is just like him...its a MMO all MMOs are the same just like all racing games are the same...The Elder scrolls Online will be JUST like every MMORPG ur playing now just maybe better lore...Give the game time to grow...its trion they wil make it better.. and its not like they are asking u to fork over 15$ a month anyways.

what did u expect really?

inb4grammarnazistrokeepeenandcorrectmymistakes

I love the game. Didn't expect anything but a massively multiplayer online shooter and thats what it is. I'm happy with it and can't wait for april 2. The only thing that needs some work is the UI but I can deal with it for now and who knows maybe in a few months they will do some changes for the pc till then I'll just be playing and having fun.

Same here - this is my first time playing it and I have enjoyed it.  Definitely will be worth the $60 with no sub fee for sure.

• CallinCallin Member Posts: 99

Honestly its exactly what i figured it would be for me. A third person single player game with some human interaction. And ya know what... it works for me. Im having a blast playing this thing. However i dont think it has much staying power with me. Once i finish the story and get some decent gear and get bored with doin the big events they would need to come out with a DLC to keep my interest and string me along. 

Other than that I think its worth the money to buy into it and play through it. 

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486
    I think the game is off to a good start, but it needs more meat to it.  Trion had how many races, classes and skill trees when they released Rifts and they basically give you two races and four powers to choose from in this game?