Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommending this to D2 lovers.

karlz0rkarlz0r Member Posts: 158

Hi everybody, just posting my 50cents.

I am a big fan of D2, however D3 disappointed me. WoW graphics and pretty blunt.

This game has lots of potential. Very frequent updates, a MASSIVE passive skill tree - 1350 skills inside of it.

That's right - one thousand, three hundred and fifty!

Totally recommending this game to all of the D2 fans.

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by karlz0r

Hi everybody, just posting my 50cents.

I am a big fan of D2, however D3 disappointed me. WoW graphics and pretty blunt.

This game has lots of potential. Very frequent updates, a MASSIVE passive skill tree - 1350 skills inside of it.

That's right - one thousand, three hundred and fifty!

Totally recommending this game to all of the D2 fans.

skill tree size don't mean shit if you want to play any of the actual challengeing modes since you're basically forced into certain specs. Who cares if it had a million skills if only less than 10 builds were viable at the hardest mode?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• karlz0rkarlz0r Member Posts: 158

Depends. If you're the average Joe, who wants to have some fun, there's no downside of this.

The game is in beta, so it's perfectly understandable.

• SeunlauSeunlau Member UncommonPosts: 28

Lets not mention that 900 of those "Awesome" skills you mentioned are passives giving 5% hp, 5% attack speed and whatsoever. Id like to mention those graphics but Its OK we can take it another time :)

Nothing beats D2 so far. Id like to see marvel heroes tho, if anything thats what reminds me of D2.

(Edited) I just want to give you an example so you can realise how stupid this POE "1000" skills "OMG" is.

Lets take an example, Lighting resistance. In D2 you had 1 skill for example giving res, you could put total of 20 points into it and it increased your lighting resistance with each level right? I think I am right. :) so 10% res, 20, 30, 40 and so on.

Let me show you how stupid POE skill system is. Lets take lighting reistance again. Instead of having 1 image/icon, skill they split it up into like 200. You have 1% lighting resistance at one node, another 2% from the second node, 3% from the third, 2% from the forth, and so on and so on. All the way untill you reach your 60% for example.

So you have 200 Nodes which is just... stupid. Honestly, POE would have like 50 Skills max if it was built with some sense like D2. Why did they build it in that way? Guess why? MONEY.

The idea of this massive tree is that you can make "fun" builds this way, money is not connected to this at all.  This wouldn't be possible if the game had, let's say, the D2 skill tree.

You don't have to pay anything to play this game to its full potential. You can use the same maps, same items and have the same exp as anyone who would pay for this game.

I totally agree that nothing beats D2 yet, but I feel that when this game is going to be finished one day, it could have the potential to do it! :)

• SeunlauSeunlau Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by karlz0r

The idea of this massive tree is that you can make "fun" builds this way, money is not connected to this at all.  This wouldn't be possible if the game had, let's say, the D2 skill tree.

You don't have to pay anything to play this game to its full potential. You can use the same maps, same items and have the same exp as anyone who would pay for this game.

I totally agree that nothing beats D2 yet, but I feel that when this game is going to be finished one day, it could have the potential to do it! :)

I did post, and it seems to you didnt understand. Let me write it to you again so you can understand. The game developers of POE made this massive skill tree to impress little kids so they can play their game. MONEY is indeed involved more than you can imagine of and of course its nothing that the developers want you to realise.

The developers right now are giving us the message "We made an awesome game with 1000+ skills, join us!" Exactly, join us so we can get enough fans and players so we can make some MONEY!. You can get money in 2 ways in the gaming industry, either you have P2P or you have FAME, PLAYERS and SPONSORS. Imagine a game that has 2 million players, you really think they arent making any money? This is the INTERNET, Welcome to 2013. We have youtubers on INET that make money just by having subscibers, then additionaly some people even donate and pay to them for the "good causes" which gives those youtubers more than enough to make a joke of themselves.

In another perspective, I do understand you and yes it could have some potentioal, but the only reason for that would be the "real life" graphics. Me you, everyone knows it. If the graphics where cartoonish it would be GG with ANY skill tree. The only reason we play it is mostly because of the graphics, everyone know at this point how stupid the skill tree is, and yes it is EASY and YOU are forced to chose OP builds to survive in HC.

Another thing that I can add to this is, KRIPPARIAN. This guy has contributed to this game so much that the least he can get from the game developers is a JOB. Seriously, they even asked him to make a homepage with all his builds that he came up with, WHY? MONEY, again. Fame, Fame, Fame. Its like britney spears!

Seriously if it wasnt for Kripparian the only players that would be playing this game would be little kids with the thoughts "OH wow look at that skill tree". Kripparian said it himself, if you are going to play this game then play HC; the rest is just junk. How many HC players are there now again?

Predictions, whatsoever my last two cents contains THIS;

POE is going DOWN. Just like Torchlight. And yes he does have over 50 000 Viewers which would quit the game too :)

Have fun.

If you just want to have some fun, you play whatever you want and that's what I'm doing.