Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Blizzard Releases 'Sizzle' Trailer for PS3 Play

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard Entertainment has released a new 'sizzle' trailer to show off Diablo III on the big screen thanks to the PlayStation 3 version of the game. It was also announced that the PS3 version will not have DRM or an auction house. Check out the trailer to see what you think!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

PS3 will not have a DRM of AH.

Thanks for shafting PC...

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

PS3 will not have a DRM of AH. Thanks for shafting PC...

They already made their money from the hoards of suckers that paid full price for this thing out of the gate, what does Bliz care? They are already laughing all the way to the bank.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    no rmah, or no auction houses of any kind?   and is this the same source as before, or new confirmation?
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I wonder how well this is really going to sell on that console. 

There's just so many other games I'd rather be playing.  I still have Assassins Creed 3 sitting over there and I haven't touched it.  I'd rather play Boarderlands 2 than this stuff.  Haven't picked that up. 

I think a lot of gamers who own a PS3 are a little more used to more dynamic games than D3.  Top down view, running around dungeons killing monsters in just a constant hack and slash is something that really doesn't begin to compare with a host of better games with open worlds, 3D environments and engaging stories on the system. 

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Haven't read too much on this version. Will two players be able to play on the same console at once? Ya I know you will have the inability to go off screen in seperate directions, but could be fun with the kids to button mash
  • Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    RIP Diablo franchise.  Once a god amongst games.  Now it finally goes the way of Gauntlet Legends.  Truly raped and exploited for everything it was worth.
  • HcRpgerHcRpger Member Posts: 31

My thoughts exactly. "Oh no, offline-mode is impossible", they said, "Game is based around RMAH", they said. And if it is unclear who "they" are, Blizzard.

Then they officially announce console versions, and guess what, offline-mode as standard and NO auction houses. It's one of the biggest FUs that a game company can do. Blizzard can go screw themselves, not getting a penny of my money again.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by HcRpger

My thoughts exactly. "Oh no, offline-mode is impossible", they said, "Game is based around RMAH", they said. And if it is unclear who "they" are, Blizzard.

Then they officially announce console versions, and guess what, offline-mode as standard and NO auction houses. It's one of the biggest FUs that a game company can do. Blizzard can go screw themselves, not getting a penny of my money again.

They didnt say any of that.. Ever.

Always on was DRM nothing more. And the RMAH while dumb has nothing to do with anything. The AH as a whole is the problem.. Makes it to easy to find top items so Blizzard HAD to mess with the roll quality of items. Very stupid.

The PS3 version does look pretty fun and I am  glad that the console players will once again get to experience Diablo.

Originally posted by SlyLoK

They didnt say any of that.. Ever.

Always on was DRM nothing more. And the RMAH while dumb has nothing to do with anything. The AH as a whole is the problem.. Makes it to easy to find top items so Blizzard HAD to mess with the roll quality of items. Very stupid.

The PS3 version does look pretty fun and I am  glad that the console players will once again get to experience Diablo.

I'm pretty sure they did. Either on the forums (either their own or otherwise) or some other media. It also could have been said in not-so-direct way, if you get my point.

And I wasn't saying that I agree with any of it, I'm just saying that someone from Blizzard mentioned these at one point or another. It was either before or after the launch.

I think both of the choices were awful ones, and I know that it was DRM, but also the fact that you couldn't run auction houses, especially the RMAH without the game being always-online, because of cheats and the-like, and this is what Blizzard said also. Well, at least they tried to justify it with that.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

So...

Morhaime seems keen to tackle “the perception that the online requirement is nothing but an ineffective form of copy protection that has already been cracked.” He mentions that Blizzard haven’t yet encountered any functioning cracks, but suggests that security isn’t the main purpose of the online-only requirement.

“I fully understand the desire to play Diablo III offline; however, Diablo III was designed from the beginning to be an online game that can be enjoyed with friends, and the always-online requirement is the best way for us to support that design,” he says.

...was just a lie and the fans that defended it were wrong? Or maybe the back lash was so much they had to give in and make offline play available fearing that no one else would be buying D3 after all the negativity that some tried to deny existed? 

Who knows, I just think its funny as hell that the selling points for the PS3/4 version of D3 is that it has offline play and no RMAH considering those were said to be core features of D3 lol... 

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

So...

Morhaime seems keen to tackle “the perception that the online requirement is nothing but an ineffective form of copy protection that has already been cracked.” He mentions that Blizzard haven’t yet encountered any functioning cracks, but suggests that security isn’t the main purpose of the online-only requirement.

“I fully understand the desire to play Diablo III offline; however, Diablo III was designed from the beginning to be an online game that can be enjoyed with friends, and the always-online requirement is the best way for us to support that design,” he says.

...was just a lie and the fans that defended it were wrong? Or maybe the back lash was so much they had to give in and make offline play available fearing that no one else would be buying D3 after all the negativity that some tried to deny existed? 

Who knows, I just think its funny as hell that the selling points for the PS3/4 version of D3 is that it has offline play and no RMAH considering those were said to be core features of D3 lol... 

It's all lies, lies I tells ya... :D

And yeah, I would say it is funny, but seeing as I got D3 on PC, its not really that funny LOL

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675

I am most interested in the new camera system and if that will be coming to PC.  I just can't accept the mediocre game when I try to play and view it as a diablo game, it makes it absolutely stink in comparison.  Maybe if I could play it with a controller and see it from a different angle I could enjoy it for what it is:  An average game made by people that seem to have no knowledge or experience in the genre.

I reinstalled it recently to see if the new features made any difference in my enjoyment of it.  No, no they did not.  So sad this happened to the diablo ip.

Edit:  The only new camera angle I saw was at the end of the video.. is it only on bossfights?  I hope not, that is just worthless.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

If I had the ability to trade in my PC version for the PS3 version, I'd do it, but I'll never buy this game again. It sounds like it'll be WAY more fun on consoles than the PC version, however, which is a real shame for what was a PC-based series.

It'll sell well, no doubt, but it's really too bad they didn't release the original PC game with the same frame of mind. Hell, even if they wanted to keep some form of DRM and just removed the AH, I'd have been happy.

Well, I mean happy as long as I ignore the crappy storyline as well.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

So...

The PS3/4 version won't have the core Battle.net functionality. That was the reason for the always online requirement. Neither auction house will work without it. It's very unlikely that it will track achievements or store your characters and progress online. You won't be able to chat with your friends in other Blizzard games. The console version will be a different game. He didn't lie at all. People just don't get what he was saying.

Yeah, it's sad that only Blizzard has a means of keeping track of achievments and allowing you to chat with friends while playing games. Some day PC, Xbox, and the Playstation will have some means of tracking achievements and allowing you to talk with friends. Some day games themselves will have built in achievement systems so that you don't even need something like Battle.net to keep track of them. 

Feeling that someone is full of it does not mean that they were misunderstood. 

Originally posted by Ghavrigg

If I had the ability to trade in my PC version for the PS3 version, I'd do it, but I'll never buy this game again. It sounds like it'll be WAY more fun on consoles than the PC version, however, which is a real shame for what was a PC-based series.

It'll sell well, no doubt, but it's really too bad they didn't release the original PC game with the same frame of mind. Hell, even if they wanted to keep some form of DRM and just removed the AH, I'd have been happy.

Well, I mean happy as long as I ignore the crappy storyline as well.

To be honest, I would, reluctanly mind, accept some of the DRM as well, if the game would work as it should. Loot system as it should be, epic drops etc., revamped skill system (IMO the one they came up with in the end is rubbish) and so on.

However, seeing there is little or no hope of it ever being the game it could have been, I wish this all would just die off.

This console version thing just reignites the whole D3 discussion again, and I do believe that this one should have just been left alone.

I do agree though, that console version players will most definitely get ton more out of this game than PC users ever did.

One thing for example; because there is no AHs you will actually FIND the loot YOURSELF, wow, there is a shocker for a Diablo game.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

because there is no AHs you will actually FIND the loot YOURSELF, wow, there is a shocker for a Diablo game.

Tbh I can't actually grasp this one...What in the world stops you FINDING the loot YOURSELF in D3 on PC? It's as simple as not clicking AH you hate so much. Voila you have self funded D3 experience.

However...let other people play as they like, selling gear they don't need and buying the one they want. Whole issue with AH is result of bad itemization they acknowledged and fixing atm.

Anyhow there is nice game called Path of Exile for D2 diehard fans. Free, with skillpoints and skilltrees, trading in chat and forums, scrolls, managing inventory, shared loot in multiplayer, potions.

Originally posted by crazynanny

because there is no AHs you will actually FIND the loot YOURSELF, wow, there is a shocker for a Diablo game.

Tbh I can't actually grasp this one...What in the world stops you FINDING the loot YOURSELF in D3 on PC? It's as simple as not clicking AH you hate so much. Voila you have self funded D3 experience.

However...let other people play as they like, selling gear they don't need and buying the one they want. Whole issue with AH is result of bad itemization they acknowledged and fixing atm.

Anyhow there is nice game called Path of Exile for D2 diehard fans. Free, with skillpoints and skilltrees, trading in chat and forums, scrolls, managing inventory, shared loot in multiplayer, potions.

What prevents this is simple. Loot drop ratios, that were specifically designed auction houses in mind. I'm just comparing that to D2 for example, where you could actually find epic loot by yourself. Drop ratios in D3 were deliberately low to accommodate both AHs.

You just couldn't get anything decent to drop (legendarry items or sets, common issue with nearly everyone), not the way it should have been anyway. And I'm aware of the fact that they are fixing it or should I say trying to, coincedence that Wilson left and changes start to happen? :D

What I also read that they said they were looking for ways to either minimise the use of AH or get rid off it completely, who knows maybe that can still "save" the game? Not for me though, I don't think. I'm pretty much done with it.

I'm actually playing PoE already, it is a lot fun and like you said it doesn't cost anything :)

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Does not need always on cus there is no RMHA... simple as that no shafting going on here.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Even if blizzard wanted RMHA on console, Sony, M$ would not allow it, so the only option is to strip out the AH systems and cus the game no longer has AH(s) there is no need to have always on cus they dont need to protect players from hackers dupping items etc.  

Really find it hard how people cannot grasp this concept?

• ClaumClaum Member Posts: 63

I'm just wondering what Blizz dev's must be thinking when they see all these haters :D

I mean I'm sure they are not happy but they still move forward and try to make even more money out of this piece of crap :D If it where a new game nobody would buy it!  but because it has the name of Diablo and Blizzard people rush to it. But I really think Ps3 wont sell more than 1 ,2 mill copies anyway. Blizzard time is over I didn't buy HOTS , I wont buy D3 expansion and i don't care about TItan and I will never buy Blizz game again :D and I think lot of people think the same.

I decided this because selling a shit game is one thing but implementing this gready RMAH ...

I don't care at all if the  ps owners are so stupid to buy D3 after this all negative forums, it's their problems, but I dont see any reason to play D3 on console game where D3 advantage was always the rpg keys in it.  Blizzard is the most greddy company ever.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    All I am gonna say: I did not know bowel movements could sizzle.

• kp695304kp695304 Member UncommonPosts: 26

Could D3 have been better? Sure. Was D3 some gross exploit of the diablo franchise? NO.

D3 was a modernized version of a 10 year old game. It was almost exactly what I had expected. It also had only a fraction of the impact the first two had. Which should have been expected or at the least recognized. It is no different in other genre's. Look at wolfenstien, doom, quake, command and conquer, starcraft, everquest, ultima, wow, compared to other modern games.  

D3 is a better game than what came before. It is practically a wishlist of all the things people wanted when diablo was in its prime. It is also low impact, and mediocre to true vetern gamers, which should have been obvious because at this date a truly high impact revolutionary game willl be 1/1000. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    if i ever buy this game it will be on PS3 (or PS4) unless they add gamepad support on PC. I do not play point and click games. Period. Havent logged back in Path of Exile for that sole reason (same with Torchlight 2 which i left behind less than half way)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It's gunna be a pain anyway. Sorting through all that loot without a mouse just isn't going to work; it'll be time consuming.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Vannor
    It's gunna be a pain anyway. Sorting through all that loot without a mouse just isn't going to work; it'll be time consuming.

D-pad works fine to go through inventory on consoles. Of course they would have to change the console inventory for a more console friendly one (like most rpgs that go cross platform)