Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which traditional TES guild do you most want to join?

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

From the Tamriel Foundry: http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/#npcguilds

(BTW...Tamriel Foundry usually has the most accurate up-to-date info on ESO)

•  
  •  
  • The player will be able to join one (maybe more) of  the iconic guilds of the Elder Scrolls lore. In order to join and progress within these NPC organizations, the player must first prove himself worthy.
  • The Fighters Guild is predominately interested in repelling the attempts of Molag Bal to dominate Tamriel. By destroying the demonic Dark Anchors that Molag Bal sends forth from his plane of Coldharbour the player can gain favor with the Fighter’s Guild. These Dark Anchors are semi-random dynamic events which require small groups of players to assemble to destroy.
  • The Mages Guild works to collect and catalogue the many arcane tomes which are scattered across Tamriel. By finding and collecting these books, a player can ingratiate himself with the Mages Guild.
  • The Thieves Guild will be in the game, but the means of joining this organization are not yet known.
  • The Dark Brotherhood will be present in the game, but whether the player can join this organization or the means of doing so are not yet known.

I'm sure you know which one I'm most interested in if you know anything about the icon under my name  image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I enjoyed them more then the main story line =-) I wana do them all.
  • itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I always do the Thieves Guild Stuff first. If i had to choose between it or the Dark Brotherhood i dont know which i would choose :/
  • LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Thieves and Dark Brotherhood will not be in for launch.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

My favorite in the SP games is the Dark Brotherhood. It usually have the best quests, despite them all being kill X.

In TESO, I will probably join the Mage guild just to get access to the Magelight spell.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I guess I will focus on the Fighter's guild for my first character.  I dont think my lumbering oaf of an orc will be well suited for the thieves guild or dark brotherhood.

Is there any real info on the guilds yet?  Will they just supply side quests or will these be "factions" you have to grind reputation for?  I can see them providing end game gear for an insane amount of rep that you will have to grind for.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

Maybe not...too early to tell.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Iselin

They said that they where not in the curerent alfa version of the game yet..

Interesting to see how people make conclusions like this based on that information.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Iselin

They said that they where not in the curerent alfa version of the game yet..

Interesting to see how people make conclusions like this based on that information.

It was slipped during one of the mmorpg interviews. Most of the other interviews merely had them saying "we are not talking about those yet". Considering how much is being held back for post launch, like Winterhold College, its not like its some sort of surprise.