Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: Free to Play From Launch

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Snail Games has announced that its forthcoming title, Age of Wushu, will remain free to play come launch day on April 10th. In addition, the team has revealed several new features and systems that will be in place starting with the official launch.

Age of Wushu is promoting the Wuxia culture through the entertainment and excitement of this vast MMO. Selling skills and clothes that players can associate with the culture the game is set in. These clothes that are sold in the Mall immerse the player visual, and do not enhance any stats or abilities. Likewise, ALL skills that may be sold in the mall at future dates will be low-level skills. Players still need to cultivate them as they would any other skill, but the benefit of these skills in PvP are not as great as cultivating a school skill or one learned through quests.

Read more on the Age of Wushu site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    I wish we heard something about Age of Wulin, the EU version of the game.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by Methos12

+1

Im getting a little annoyed with it tbh.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Why wait for Wulin? I'm from Holland and playing Wushu, with no lag at all!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by DonY81
    Originally posted by Methos12

+1

Im getting a little annoyed with it tbh.

As a US player, I really do get bothered in general by this. I prefer that everyone in the world was able to get into the game at the same time personally, sure different servers but its nice to be able to not have someone wait  several months and possibly play some foreign server for a game before release. The asian market in particular can be real horrible with this, though at the same time the western market does the same thing at times as well.

It would really be nice to see a world wide congruence on having games released everywhere around the world at the same time, or at the very least focus on an english version (considering its popularity world wide) so players can enjoy the game in english on servers specific to their region without delay, having their languages added in later. 

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by snoocky

Do you get much lag on the US servers?

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Is it true that this game makes you cut off your male character's junk through castration just to master a skill?

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by purewitz
    Is it true that this game makes you cut off your male character's junk through castration just to master a skill?

Yes certain skills require it since the game is historically accurate in the whole wuxia-setting portrayal. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Yuui

Yes certain skills require it since the game is historically accurate in the whole wuxia-setting portrayal. 

We are no where near that now though. No one has cut off their stuff to be OP, YET lol.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by DonY81
    Originally posted by snoocky

Do you get much lag on the US servers?

I'm going to take a wild stab and go with "No" for that answer.

I'm from Europe too and here's my opinion. The delay we, Europeans, get when playing AoW is really okayish but it is FAR from being absent. So on a regular basis poeples will blame your "weird moves" and sometimes you will miss a target because of that same delay.

In the end, to me that lag and the events' schedules are a BIG cons as an european player...

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    they forgot to mention that you actually need vip to progress in this game. playing this game without vip aka a monthly subscription makes it really hard to progress. they have offered ways to exchange vip for silvers but for people who doesn't like to craft or run instances will always have to pay monthly. not sure if their silver to gold exchange system is out yet though.
  • 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168
    About the delay of Age of Wulin: What annoys me really is not the delay, but Gpotato...
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737

Not jsut your character but yours also....This game is for the really hardcore and the female......

• drebiandrebian Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by 9ineven
    About the delay of Age of Wulin: What annoys me really is not the delay, but Gpotato...

+1

Despise Gpotato

• wissemwissem Member Posts: 3
    Give me a key plz GM thank you