Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So wtf is Defiance?

tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

A few years ago everyone would care but now it seems an mmo can come out and I myself at least have heard nothing about it lol. Only known about it cause of Steam and tbh at £34+ I wont be buying it, like there is no hype for it and tbh at this point they'll need to give it away. With all the games coming out right now and Bioshock Infinite around the corner, I cannot help but feel like they've picked a bad window. 

What is it all about anyways? There seems to have been no info or build up on it. I mean it looks about 10 years old at this point, I remember being amazed by the graphics of SWG or EQ2 and so on back then and yet we've seemed to hit a wall ever since where an MMO has to look dated. So I'm guessing that has something to do with why people are taking notice, a few years ago you could get away with it but now......

Is it even an MMO? Is it one of those new age MMOs where it's like ultra instanced and only 100 people per zone? Is there proper open world PVP unlike that over rated shit no one plays any more called GW2?

Comments

• LyvinsLyvins Member Posts: 70

Its a MMOFPS you could say,  i don't know all the details of it. But if you really want to know go check out the website. As you said nobody plays gw2 anymore :p but funny enough i'm still playing it so :p you are kinda wrong on that one :D 

I do know Defaince is going for a Buy to play option, just like gw2 but i believe Defaince will be selling dlc's (abit like DC universe you can say) But in the end it is Buy to play and for not having to pay  a sub fee, people can't really complain. I think if you enjoy planetside 2 and are wasting money on subs , go play defaince or get yourself a beta key from on this website.

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by tixylix

A few years ago everyone would care but now it seems an mmo can come out and I myself at least have heard nothing about it lol. Only known about it cause of Steam and tbh at £34+ I wont be buying it, like there is no hype for it and tbh at this point they'll need to give it away. With all the games coming out right now and Bioshock Infinite around the corner, I cannot help but feel like they've picked a bad window. 

all windows are bad windows, no matter when you release your always gonna have some pretty big competition unless you are already the top dog

What is it all about anyways? There seems to have been no info or build up on it. I mean it looks about 10 years old at this point, I remember being amazed by the graphics of SWG or EQ2 and so on back then and yet we've seemed to hit a wall ever since where an MMO has to look dated. So I'm guessing that has something to do with why people are taking notice, a few years ago you could get away with it but now......

Think PS2 just with PvE content, quests and a lot more RPG elements

also, graphics look dated? really? they look awesome  to me

Is it even an MMO? Is it one of those new age MMOs where it's like ultra instanced and only 100 people per zone? Is there proper open world PVP unlike that over rated shit no one plays any more called GW2?

so you want state of art , new gen graphics but dont want to have the limitations that come with them?

probably you are the kind of guy that complains when he doesnt get 300 people battles, but also complains when he gets them and his rig cant deal with them.

me thinks you dont know what you want, and your just trolling for the sake of it

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

It's because this game has the strictest NDA and forums like MMORPG ban everyone that tries to say anything negative about it (or anything at all really).

See, i don't care about these things and i can say that i heard from someone who was told by someone that this game is complete trash, not an MMO and not even a good shooter. 

If i where you i would wait until there is an open BETA or real information and reviews out.

Until then you have to trust me when i tell you it's as good as a steaming pile of horse manure on your doorstep.

/sarcasm (or is it?)

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

its becasue its not very good... tho putting that to one side..

There has been quite a bit of hype around this.. considering scifi are making a TV series that will tie in with the game it been one of the more talked about MMOs this year..

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

It is about people that spam rockets at other people and use them to jump very high aswell

So its basically a TF2: Soldier mmo

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by tixylix

I won't care if it is a fun game. PoE is not a MMO. It does not make it less fun. Dead Space  is not a MMO. It does not make it less fun.

Not all games need to be MMOs.